IGNORED

What kind of car do you drive?

Jeepthrills

Note: This thread is 2165 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• 5 months later...
2014 Ford Mustang   Got an offer to trade in my Escape Hybrid that I couldn't refuse.

I like your style!

My Avalanche made it six months, ha ha (after saying it was a keeper).  Was fun teaching my 14 year old daughter to do doughnuts with it though!!! :whistle: That thing was a beast after modding it up a bit.

Here's the "replacement"

My daughter won't be driving this one, lol.  We bought her a cheap little Nissan Sentra (which also happened to be the same thing I started with)!

• 5 months later...

I'm (still) driving a Renault Megane Estate GT-Line.... you probably don't see any of those in USA.

This week I ordered a new car, will be delivered in the last week of October: a Mercedes C. Very happy with the choice and looking forward to it big time.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Very nice! The new C Class(W205) is a beautiful car! I had a C300 Loaner one time and really fell in love with it. I would like a new C350 Hybrid for a daily driver to replace my current C Class. They come out in October.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Note: This thread is 2165 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo after clicking this link. For Mevo+, click this link or the image above.
  • Popular Now

• It’s a bit of a mess some people are in with student loans.  There does need to be some accountability for the decisions individuals make on their education.  That said, I do believe there are a lot of people who are in real trouble with their loans, and there could be ways to help them and future generations that don’t involve debt forgiveness. Perhaps legislate reasonable fixed interest rates (3%)? Limits on the amount of debt a student is allowed to access for undergrad and graduate school? Mandatory high school curriculum on college, careers, cost/benefit?  (my kids actually have a class in jr high that includes this content)  There are also plenty of good paying careers and trades that don’t require much college, if any. A lot of state schools do a better job at keeping costs down for in-state tuition (with it being free in some states).  Choice of school could obviously be a huge savings/debt reduction.  I’m not sure how appropriate legislation is to control private school tuition. Parents, be involved.  If your child decides to pursue a degree in basket weaving… tell them it’s crazy.  If that’s their passion, don’t push college, tell them to just go get a job at a basket company… plus there’s a great golf course in OH right by Longaberger Basket Company! From a personal perspective… My oldest wants to be an elementary school teacher (which could always change).  We’ve had the conversations already that she should be looking at lower cost state schools, as she’s likely not going to make a substantial amount of money if she went that route.  Now, if she wanted to be a CFO or something, it would make sense to consider an MS from a program at the likes of Wharton.  That said, I’m a finance exec and I didn’t take the premier university route.
    • 1. So people who fail out, have to pay loans back, but if you graduate then your loan should be forgiven? I don’t see why banks would ever give loans out then. With that logic, I would think college would become less accessible not more accessible.    2. If you don’t think cost should be an issue, then are you willing to pay for others to go? Things cost money. That’s life, that’s reality. Someone will have to pay for it…are you willing to pay for others to go?  I have two kids I’d love for you to pay for.  I’m not willing to pay for others’ college education as it’s a privilege, not a right. I’ve already paid for my own.  Again, people should be responsible for themselves and stop acting as if they are entitled to everything regardless of their ability to pay for things.   And if you and others who want their education paid for want to live in China under their form of government, go ahead. I’m not interested in that. 
    • I think it might be said that if you can succeed in college then you are entitled to loan forgiveness.  Do you want China and other countries far exceeding us in education?  The bottom line is that loans shouldn't be a factor.  We need to find a way for kids who have a drive to succeed in school get to go to school.  Advanced education, in certain areas, should be covered.  Doctors and lawyers and such...
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Augie
      Augie
      (63 years old)
    2. Dukes1304
      Dukes1304
      (36 years old)
    3. Mmgolfwiz
      Mmgolfwiz
      (58 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...