IGNORED

Official 2013 British Open at Muirfield Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3933 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

For anybody who was wondering, Shiv Kapur shot a 77 today to finish +3 through 2 rounds.  So he did better than a lot of us probably thought he would.  Prediction was 80+.

For JetFan, I also won the over/under on his back 9 yesterday.  He shot a 38.  Half stroke!

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

This may be a duplicate of other info but for those who need to know...

each player, hole by hole, during the round and daily results can be found here:

http://scores.theopen.com/en/Leaderboard.aspx

i had been watching J. Spieth through the first 6 holes of round 2, and he was 2 or 3 under but he finished with a 74 so i took a look and learned to took a double bog, then 2 more bogs towards the end of his round. I suppose one could tabulate the scores on each hole this way and learn the true 'monsters'.

ESPN coverage sucks.  They seem to just want to talk about golf, the course, past winners, everything else instead of showing play.  Just crap from them as usual.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Originally Posted by boogielicious

ESPN coverage sucks.  They seem to just want to talk about golf, the course, past winners, everything else instead of showing play.  Just crap from them as usual.

Yup. They treat golf like it's a studio show.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Truth be told, after Tiger's first two shots of the championship, I thought it was all over red rover. Guess it's never over till the fast lady sings

Driver: TaylorMade RocketBallz 10.5-deg
Woods: Cobra Bio Cell+ 3W and 5W
Hybrids: Bobby Jones Workshop Hybrid 3 (20-deg) and 5 (25-deg)
Irons: Srixon XXIO7 from 6 - PW
Wedge: Srixon XXIO7 GW and SW

Putter: Bobby Grace DCT Captiva 34"; Ball: Sirxon Soft Feel; Shoes: Footjoy

Originally Posted by bplewis24

For anybody who was wondering, Shiv Kapur shot a 77 today to finish +3 through 2 rounds.  So he did better than a lot of us probably thought he would.  Prediction was 80+.

For JetFan, I also won the over/under on his back 9 yesterday.  He shot a 38.  Half stroke!

Brandon, it was unfair. You're lucky that 35 par is the back 9 and not the front! Neither of us knew which was which too when we made that bet. So you got lucky!!!

JK, good job. I got shiv'd.

Constantine

Originally Posted by Mulligan Jeff

After reading "The Big Miss" I'm not surprised as I once was about Tiger's first tee jitters.

I've read that too, but forgot about this. What did it say?

Constantine

Can anyone tell me why it is that sometimes, a player will hit it onto the green, then place a marker and pick up their ball so the other guy can take a shot

However, sometimes they hit it to the green, then take their next shot straight away, and the other guy goes after?

Can anyone tell me why it is that sometimes, a player will hit it onto the green, then place a marker and pick up their ball so the other guy can take a shot However, sometimes they hit it to the green, then take their next shot straight away, and the other guy goes after?

The player furthest away from the hole plays first.

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Originally Posted by Mulligan Jeff

Back when Tiger was with Hank Tiger was petrified of the first tee, he had no idea what his swing would bring (driver).

Ahh, okay, gotcha. Thanks, Jeff. And with this course playing as firm and fast as it is, I think everyone is going to have those jitters today... on every shot!

Constantine

It should be a good lesson for us all JF'83 that even the #1 golfer in the world can get up on the first tee of a major and yank it way left. When I do that in my golf league I won't feel as bad anymore lol

Originally Posted by joekelly

Anyone know the Stimpmeter reading for these greens?  Or does the R&A;  not use the S'meter, since it may violate tradition?

Originally Posted by bobsuruncle

Truth be told, after Tiger's first two shots of the championship, I thought it was all over red rover. Guess it's never over till the fast lady sings

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Saturday of a major has been pure frustration for Tiger fans the last couple years, we'll see if today is any different.

Originally Posted by golfingnooob

Can anyone tell me why it is that sometimes, a player will hit it onto the green, then place a marker and pick up their ball so the other guy can take a shot

However, sometimes they hit it to the green, then take their next shot straight away, and the other guy goes after?

If they hit it close enough to the hole, they may elect to finish out for pace of play reasons.  This is what some refer to as "tap in" or "gimme" distances.

• Upvote 1

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

So Westwood is taking putting lessons from Ian Baker-Finch. Isn't that like taking driving lessons from Ray Charles?

Putting was never Ian's problem. Missing 125-yard fairways was his problem.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Note: This thread is 3933 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!