IGNORED

60º wedge

Note: This thread is 3857 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Do you have a 60º wedge in your bag?

• Yes
    • No

I would ask myself 2 questions to determine if I needed to add a 60 degree wedge: 1. Do I have frequently find myself with partial sand-wedge shots (40-60 yards) and do I have trouble taking the right amount off these shots to get the correct distance? 2. Do I often find myself with pitch shots where I have little green to work with and can't get enough height on the shot with my send wedge? If you didn't answer yes to at least one of those questions, you probably will see not much benefit from a 60 degree wedge. I added one to my bag for reason (1) above and the lob wedge filled in the distance gap for me. But when I play longer courses I will pull it out of my bag and replace it with a 3-wood.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Giving serious consideration to ditching my 60 when I get my next set of irons, and just going with 54 and 58.

Driver: :cobra: Amp Cell Blue

Fairway: :cobra: Amp Cell 4 Wood

Hybrid: :cobra: Amp Cell 3H

Irons: :cobra: Amp Cell (4-GW)

Wedge: :titleist: Vokey SM4 60*

Putter: Seemore PCB - Nickel

Ball: :bridgestone: e6

Giving serious consideration to ditching my 60 when I get my next set of irons, and just going with 54 and 58.

I know what you mean.  I had the same initial concerns when adding it but my cobra irons have a 44 degree pitching wedge and a 49 gap.  I switched the 49 for a cleveland 48 and added a 54 and a 60.  The 58 is a great club but it just didn't give me the closure I needed.

I think the degree of one's wedges is complete personal preference and comfort level with the loft.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a pitching wedge and a 54. If I add a 58 or 60 something is gonna have ta come out of da bag. What should it be? The 5 wood or 2 hybrid? I like both clubs, both are 18 degrees.

In my  bag:

Driver, Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 9.5 stiff

3, 5 woods: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15,18 degrees Stiff

2 hybrid: Callaway Diable Edge Tour 18 degrees R (out when the 5 wood is in)

3,6 hybrids: Callaway Diablo Edge 21 S and 30 degrees R

4,5 hybrids: Callaway Razr X HL 24 and 27 degrees Stiff

7-AW irons: Callaway Razr HL graphite R shafts 

SW 54 Callaway X Series Jaws CC Slate Fujikura Graphite Stiff

Putter: Odessey White Ice 1 Blade Putter. 

Ball...looking for any ball that hates water, sand, long grass, and getting lost in the woods. 

I can't find any, so forced to use ones that seem to love all the above. 

i know i posted a response to this thread before...

But yes i keep a 60 wedge in my bag, a Vokey 60 / 4  wedge....

I usually only use it when my ball is in fluffy rough and has a "flyer" type of lie...  obviously if the ball was deep in the rough I have a 56-14 and a 56-8 vokey to use also...

But I do practice with my 60 Vokey on short flop shots over sand or just pin positions that have tight pin locations...

usually if i have a tight lie or optimal lie and i tend to grab my 52 or 56 wedge....    in hind sight i should probably practice with my 60 on these same lie's....

and i am far from a single digit handicap too... but i find that since practicing my chipping n wedge game a lot more, it's probably my strongest part of my game...

It is what it is

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3857 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!