IGNORED

Rusty putter shaft, can I re-shaft with a dynamic Gold S300 shaft?

Note: This thread is 3787 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As the title says, I have an Odyssey putter with a rusty shaft can I re-shaft with a dynamic Gold S300 shaft?

Are putter shafts intrinsically different to iron shafts?

I have quite a few unused irons with good shafts + I have a new putter grip.

Thanks for any advice...

Most putters have shafts made especially for putters. The GolfWorks catalog only offers seven versions; True Temper offers an Odyssey replacement shaft.

I would suggest you take your putter to a good club repair shop. For some putter models, the head and shaft undergo unusual assembly processes. Many club shops send these model putters back to factory for repairs, to avoid damaging the putter.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Different iron shafts (as in designated club #) will have a different feel due to different head weight that the shaft was designed for. Nothing wrong with experimenting. I've found certain 8 iron shafts to be to my liking.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

i would not risk it. I do replace my own iron shafts but that is as far as i go with re-shafting

a iron shaft in a putter i would not do that. all my putters i have and owned where bended shafts making it not possible to put a iron shaft in

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

i would not risk it. I do replace my own iron shafts but that is as far as i go with re-shafting a iron shaft in a putter i would not do that. all my putters i have and owned where bended shafts making it not possible to put a iron shaft in

Oh really? All bended shafts? Not possible? This is just a few of the straight shafted putters that I own. You're welcome. I know alot of folks play iron shafts in their putters. Some know and some don't. :beer:

• Upvote 1

-Landon

Oh really? All bended shafts? Not possible? You're welcome. I know alot of folks play iron shafts in their putters. Some know and some don't. :beer:

Oooh snap! Lol... Nice work!

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by LBlack14

Oh really? All bended shafts? Not possible?

This is just a few of the straight shafted putters that I own.

You're welcome. I know alot of folks play iron shafts in their putters. Some know and some don't.

i was only saying i never owned a straight shafted putter

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

i was only saying i never owned a straight shafted putter

But that's not what you said. You were giving advice about something you, obviously, didn't know the 1st thing about. So in the future.........it's all good. Please carry on.

-Landon

I had an odyessy that I put several iron shafts on as I wanted to try different degrees of bends on. They all worked/installed very well and fun to do. The only problem is: I STILL CAN'T PUTT!!!!!

• 4 months later...

most putter hosels are .370 you want to make sure you have about 8in. of parallel tip section to start with if your using a S300U (so if your pulling it out of a tapered hosel .355 or the shaft band doesn't say S300U I would advice against installing it in your parallel hosel putter ) if you have a head weight of 350gr at 35in. long. If your head weight is 375'ish tip trim another inch and if the head weight is 325'ish start with 9in. parallel tip section. too stiff looses feel and too much flex make the ball 'jump' on longer putts with a 1.1-1.3 tempo stroke. most importantly when tip trimming make sure your not using a tapered .355 S300. lol

Note: This thread is 3787 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!