Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
icechunk

Driver cover outside fixes my shanks

3 posts in this topic

Last couple of rounds I've been struggling with shanks, where for a few shots I shank pretty much everything. At the range the only fix seems to be placing a club or driver cover just outside the ball and then voila shanks are gone and I hit nice draws. What is going on? My normal bad shot is a hook.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

If I am picturing what you are saying correctly, it sounds like with the cover there, it's making you swing more in to out and not coming over the top.

A teacher I had a while back used a drill similar to this one to encourage and in to out swing.  I had problems with an OTT move.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by icechunk

Last couple of rounds I've been struggling with shanks, where for a few shots I shank pretty much everything. At the range the only fix seems to be placing a club or driver cover just outside the ball and then voila shanks are gone and I hit nice draws. What is going on?

My normal bad shot is a hook.

shanks are when you hit it off the hosel.  I've been battling them on and off for the past 2 seasons.  But I guess the idea is if you place a headcover just outside the ball you're forcing yourself to keep the clubhead from hitting that cover which would promote hitting the ball with the center of the club.