IGNORED

Good, cheap irons

Micah
Note: This thread is 3892 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have always bought good yet inexpensive irons that have suited me just fine over the years. People with a mid to high handicap spend way too much on irons IMO. Why spend an extra $1000.00 on an iron set that does absolutely nothing to improve your game? Because they look good in your bag? Now some people do it because they can afford to....others because they fall for the advertisement. Most do it for the name without realizing that you still have to swing the golf club. I recently purchased a brand new set of Adams 1208 uniflex steel irons 4-GW for $149.00 on ebay and the seller threw in a free A70S SW for a total of 9 sticks. Paid another 12 bucks for shipping and i made out pretty good. The irons hit incredibly well, have nice perimeter weighting and a nice thick sole. They also look really sharp in the bag. They are milled from the same steel that goes into high end irons but they didnt spend a boat loadload on advertising which brought the price down and actually increased their profit margins on reputation alone. If you guys are looking for some of the best performing irons on the market but dont want to break the bank then I urge you to check these out.

An old pro once told me this....."No matter what youre going through in life....Never sell your golf clubs."

And the cool thing is they are standard sized club heads, not over sized, with a standard 4 & 5 and not a mixed hybrid set that youll see with most Adams iron sets. I do carry a 3 & 4 hybrid in the bag but thats because my bag is customized to my liking, unlike a box set of cheap run of the mill clubs that are made with poor quality and materials. And dont buy knockoffs or replicants.....do your homework but I wouldnt steer ya wrong these are premium, well crafted irons.

An old pro once told me this....."No matter what youre going through in life....Never sell your golf clubs."

I bought the Callaway Razr x black for 439(4-PW) and they perform great once I got used to them. Unless you are playing really tough courses where you need to fade and draw iron shots then cavity back straight distance irons such as these and your Adams will work great.

I'm needing to actually replace my 5 wood with a 2 or 3 hybrid(16.5-19 degrees), I'll be sure to check Adams Golf for some deals.

• Upvote 1

Did you get the 4 & 5 mixed hybrid set because I like a traditional 4 iron. My local pro is very old school in fact I think he still has a hickory shafted 1 iron in the bag lol. The older I get I have noticed grabbing the 3 or 4 hybrid more often like the pro staff 3 and the fat shafted deep red 4 you see on my avatar pic, they both hit very pure. The Adams I picked up for value alone as I still have the black dot G5 irons on stand by. Thats how good these Adams irons have performed....I know Ive,been promoting a lot lately but they really are sweet. You guy probably think Im an Adams sales rep by now lol. Razr x black good sticks but Im a little old school so all the aluminum and poly eurathane turns me off in them but I bet they do hit great.

Basically the 1208 irons are a,spitting image of the original A7 set but with a classic 4,5 and 6 iron. Even the cavity in the shorter irons have the same vibration dampening medallion only its black an red instead of gold. I think they used the same design yet left out the hybrids for a cheaper price. Being the budget golfer that I am Im always looking for good deals online...in fact they nicknamed me Mr. Twilight at my local track. Lol

I can't play uniflex/optiflex shafts. Most cheaper sets are not available in stiff flex and to buy the cheap set and have them reshafted negates the savings. I didn't go overboard anyway, I bought older model irons for 300 in stiff flex. I agree, however, that most people who go out and buy the new high end clubs are wasting money on nothing more than the prestige of having the newest thing without any real benefits.

• Upvote 1

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A buddy of mine sold me the black dot G5s slightly used back i 08 for 200 bucks (he was going through a divorce) but I dont know man I personally think Ping irons are over rated IMHO. I mean they hit pure and all but so do the Wilsons I was playing at the time and the Adams set I have now. They certainly didnt perform any better. I guess if you have a consistent swing and make good contact like me then it all boils down to personal preference but I will spend more on a driver just not irons. Drivers are not a dime a dozen like most game improvement iron sets for mid handicappers.

Note: This thread is 3892 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!