IGNORED

The Newsroom

iacas
Note: This thread is 3874 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My goodness, the final two episodes were good.

DSC, I agree that the best thing the show has going for it is media bias vs false equivalency thing, and it sucks that they sorta got away from it a bit this season.

I think Sloan is one of the best characters on the show.  There's no doubt that Sampat needs more airtime, and I think he's been getting it.  Also, it's interesting how Don was initially the guy viewers were probably inclined to hate, and now is somebody viewers are likely starting to like.  I still think he had the best line of the season when he said--in an almost exasperated tone, "I READ!"  Lol.

Finally, I did not like the ending with the proposal.  It was unnecessary.  They could have had a resolution for those characters without it.  Or they could have left it hanging without a resolution.  Either way works.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I fell asleep watching the last episode- not the most exciting. What did Reece decide?

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I fell asleep watching the last episode- not the most exciting.

What did Reece decide?

He decided that he wanted the glory; and it was snatched from under him.

He decided that he wanted the glory; and it was snatched from under him.

That was really funny.  Jack McCoy is the best.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Thanks, guys.

I googled "newsroom finale" to give me the summary.

I had the same problem with The West Wing - put me to sleep with all the overtalking and inaction.

Now give me "Covert Affairs"...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I think Sloan is one of the best characters on the show.  There's no doubt that Sampat needs more airtime, and I think he's been getting it.  Also, it's interesting how Don was initially the guy viewers were probably inclined to hate, and now is somebody viewers are likely starting to like.  I still think he had the best line of the season when he said--in an almost exasperated tone, "I READ!"  Lol.

Don was a real ******* during the first season, but I agree he's been much better. They've actually managed to toe the line nicely with him between him being a dick and him just being a self-certain, slightly abrasive guy. [quote name="bplewis24" url="/t/69544/the-newsroom/0_30#post_898665"]Finally, I did not like the ending with the proposal.  It was unnecessary.  They could have had a resolution for those characters without it.  Or they could have left it hanging without a resolution.  Either way works. [/quote] Really? That was the only part of the finale I really liked.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator
Now give me "Covert Affairs"...

I watch that show too.

Don was a real ******* during the first season, but I agree he's been much better. They've actually managed to toe the line nicely with him between him being a dick and him just being a self-certain, slightly abrasive guy.

Really? That was the only part of the finale I really liked.

One of Don's turning points (and I never disliked him, but I like him more now) is when earlier in the year he was meeting the Occupy woman and he couldn't help himself. He talked a big game about how they'd finally turned to him, and he was going to set things right, but then he couldn't help himself, and afterwards he mocked himself at how he'd just made things worse.

It was, for an Aaron Sorkin show, hilarious.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Really? That was the only part of the finale I really liked.

Too sappy for me.  And I also don't think it really is in character for McAvoy.  He is better stubborn, closed-off, and emotionally inaccessible.

Yes, it was going to happen eventually.  But season 2 seems too early.  It almost felt like a "jump the shark" moment for me.  I could be wrong, because it worked for The Office , but I didn't like it.  Also, isn't he technically still dating the tabloid chick as of that episode?

Too sappy for me.  And I also don't think it really is in character for McAvoy.  He is better stubborn, closed-off, and emotionally inaccessible.

Yes, it was going to happen eventually.  But season 2 seems too early.  It almost felt like a "jump the shark" moment for me.  I could be wrong, because it worked for The Office, but I didn't like it.  Also, isn't he technically still dating the tabloid chick as of that episode?

I'm glad they got it out of the way.  The status quo was getting old.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Note: This thread is 3874 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!