IGNORED

My Swing (Abu3baid)

Abu3baid

Had my lesson today, and I want to put down some details but I have to start my BBQ.. So, just a few thoughts. 1. I have been doing the shallow the shaft all wrong 2, did a quick alignment and shoulder at address fix.. Basically trying now to have my feet alignment open and then my shoulders even more open than that. 3. Priority is the DS from A4, will feel like I am going over the top or just coming straight down with my hands while I being my weight forward (yes you read right, will feel like I'm coming over the top) but I need to come down quickly with the hands and I want to get to feel that my back is facing the target at A6 with level shoulders at the point. My big problem is with my left shoulder going up and around way too early, I really need to delay that movement. I was able to have my path going out 4-5 degrees on a lot of my practice 1/4 swings but my face is out of control.. On one of my shots I got the path out 4 degrees but the face was 12 degrees out.. Didn't know that was possible.. I will talk more about what I did with Joe, but will save it for later.. I had a great time and learned a lot. We agreed I would work on my drills and I would go back to him in one week for a quick review and then work on short game plus putting. Then go see him again to work on the long game in 2 weeks to give time for me to "change the picture" Good stuff, I had fun. Now it is time to work.

Just out of curiosity, what was it about your shallowing attempts that you were "doing all wrong"? Lord knows I've found a million ways to do that wrong.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just got back from the range and it was probably one of the best sessions I have ever had...  I did my drills and then I just went at the ball to see how I would do.. The results were amazing compared to how I was  just hitting the ball two days ago, I have never been happier with how things are coming along.

I found that the best results were when I had the thought of keeping my left shoulder from going up or my right shoulder from dipping down.. The ball is starting low and getting higher.. I'm going to stick to my drills and see how it goes.. I finally feel like I can go at the ball as well with a much shorter bs so things are feeling much better and I'm only 4 days into my vacation :)

Looks like a great swing if you want to hit the ball fat and snap hook it all day.

You are probably right as you know more than I do.. I'll post a real swing soon as this one is definitely an exaggeration of what is actually happening.

Just out of curiosity, what was it about your shallowing attempts that you were "doing all wrong"? Lord knows I've found a million ways to do that wrong.

I just didn't understand how it was suppose to happen.. I was manipulating the shallowing of the shaft with my wrists to try and get it to gradually get to inside of my hands and going through the forearms and all that stuff.  However, during the lesson when Joe took me to A4 he had me just bringing my hands down while shifting my weight without dipping the right shoulder and amazingly the shallowing of the club just happened.. It is so much easier than trying to do it with the wrist conditions.  You lose speed as well, because you actively try to bring it from one plane into another and without success as well.

I'm not even thinking about shallowing the club at all right now, I'm just thinking bring my weight forward while bringing the hands down and then powering through and ripping my hips open while creating separation between my left arm and chest.

Before basically my left arm kept the connection with my chest, and when my shoulder went up and around my left arm follows and I end up cutting across the ball, now I separate my arm from my chest on the way down and work on keeping my shoulders level with the ground at A6 and before ripping through with my hips..

I know it all sounds mixed up, but I'm trying to get across all the technical and feel stuff that I worked with Joe, and basically now from my practice what I found is that my only thoughts need to be to keep the shoulders square at A6 and jumping.. by thinking about the jumping part I shift my weight correctly and get my hands down fast..  It is such a fast move thinking or doing slow is tough, but I'm working on it..

Sorry for the rant.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

You are probably right as you know more than I do.. I'll post a real swing soon as this one is definitely an exaggeration of what is actually happening. I just didn't understand how it was suppose to happen.. I was manipulating the shallowing of the shaft with my wrists to try and get it to gradually get to inside of my hands and going through the forearms and all that stuff.  However, during the lesson when Joe took me to A4 he had me just bringing my hands down while shifting my weight without dipping the right shoulder and amazingly the shallowing of the club just happened.. It is so much easier than trying to do it with the wrist conditions.  You lose speed as well, because you actively try to bring it from one plane into another and without success as well. I'm not even thinking about shallowing the club at all right now, I'm just thinking bring my weight forward while bringing the hands down and then powering through and ripping my hips open while creating separation between my left arm and chest.  Before basically my left arm kept the connection with my chest, and when my shoulder went up and around my left arm follows and I end up cutting across the ball, now I separate my arm from my chest on the way down and work on keeping my shoulders level with the ground at A6 and before ripping through with my hips.. I know it all sounds mixed up, but I'm trying to get across all the technical and feel stuff that I worked with Joe, and basically now from my practice what I found is that my only thoughts need to be to keep the shoulders square at A6 and jumping.. by thinking about the jumping part I shift my weight correctly and get my hands down fast..  It is such a fast move thinking or doing slow is tough, but I'm working on it.. Sorry for the rant.

Interesting. That sorta jibes with a lot of what I'm doing now. Almost a horizontal feeling with the body going hard left and the arms/hands going hard right. If all goes well the ball splits the middle.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Interesting. That sorta jibes with a lot of what I'm doing now. Almost a horizontal feeling with the body going hard left and the arms/hands going hard right. If all goes well the ball splits the middle.

Yeah, the whole time I was telling him that I feel like I'm going over the top.. He kept assuring me that I wasn't even close.. Exactly what happened at the range when I donut right I get a straight shot that barely draws, but it starts slightly right of target as well.. I'll get some video of what's happening soon to see if the feeling is confirmed or not!

Eyad

[video]http://youtu.be/IyF2cwho8SE[/video] A long way to go, but better than a week ago.. starting to get shaft lean and SAT which I wasn't getting before at all..

Eyad

• Administrator
A long way to go, but better than a week ago.. starting to get shaft lean and SAT which I wasn't getting before at all..

Looks much better. Pay a little attention to that right knee as you keep working on this. It's a backswing piece and I think you're doing more downswing stuff, but if it stays flexed too long and doesn't turn much it's going to inhibit good sequencing on the downswing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 weeks later...
I'm having my last lesson with Joe on Sunday and I'm still working on the downswing piece as of right now.. I haven't hit the ball this well or this consistent in my life really.. I am hitting baby push shots and slight pulls, so I know that I am not getting the path out all the time.. I am also having trouble controlling the club face, and we only touched on that a little as he wanted me to just get the path out on every swing of mine... I have not even tried hitting my driver in the last couple outings, but I'm hitting my 3w 250+ so I don't really need a driver.. It will be a big boost when I can put it to use though. If I have made progress with the path I might schedule one more lesson with Joe before I leave, I'm thinking a playing lesson would do me a lot of good.. Going to him has been the best decision and money I have spent.. He has been great.. Thanks @Fried Egg

Eyad

Had a good session with Joe today.. Since I missed a few days of practice I started out with my typical OTT move.. We got into just getting into a better bs position, and taking short smooth swings back and fourth. After a few shots we set up the alignment aids 45* to the right so that I can have a visual of the path I should swing on.. It was funny because I was trying to swing out 45* to the right and I was only swimming 4-5* out.. Started hitting some nice pushes and push draws.. The next feeling was bringing my hands in on the backswing and it felt like I was getting really in, but it was a pretty good BS position. So I was able to get some nice hits with the driver as well.. I'm going to be setting up these alignment aids at my house and the range and just work on swinging out as far as I can, because I know that no matter how hard I try I'm not going to swing out more than 4-5* and that is just about the perfect amount of out.. I won't worry about the face.. Gota keep an eye on key 1, but overall my key 2 and 3 are in a good spot as of right now. I'm going to work hard this week and go for one more session with Joe in my last weekend here next weekend.. And now off to the Zoo with the family.

Eyad

From start of session left and end of session right.. I need to sink it in.. Deeper on the right.. Feeling like I'm coming from the inside on the BS Swinging out to first base or 45* right Much better K3 here

Eyad

• 1 month later...
Finally after about a little over a month I am going to play a round of golf at my new home course.. I was able to get a membership at a nice course here relatively cheap at around $1,600 per year not including the cart though which runs for almost $10 a round (I will have to figure something out, maybe by a pull cart to use during the weekdays because they don't allow walking during weekends).. It is however a corp. membership so I only officially can play 3 weekends a month, but if there are spots available I can play as a first come first serve basis. I'm also going to be playing with 3 people I have never met so this will be interesting and I hope to learn from it. I will officially start keeping a handicap as this is a service they provide, plus the fact that I will also start using GG, so I will have that HC as well. I don't know how I'm going to do, but I hope I can still hit it a long way.. I will get about an hour of range time before tee time so I can get some of the kinks out! I'm also taking a video so that I can start working on my swing again, I hope I haven't taken any steps back from the last time I worked with Joe. 6.46 tee time here I come! It won't get to 100* till probably the last 4-5 holes so that should be nice!

Eyad

Took video today ,but could only get the DTL view.

I'm not sure a 1 month layoff was a good thing, but my swing is different than it was a month ago and I think it is mainly because I have been practicing getting deeper in my backswing.

My big miss today when I played was the hook and the occasional push.. The push is the one the cost me 3 penalties as the course is designed to punish right handed golfers that go to the right (go figure).

I'm still liking the change.. I started the round +1,-1,+1,-1 and then just went down hill from there as the hook took over..  I will take some FO video next weekend.

Eyad

I know that I have a long way to go, but the below certainly gives me hope.. the on the left is from Feb 28th and the one on the right from today..

#changethepicture

Eyad

I know that I have a long way to go, but the below certainly gives me hope.. the on the left is from Feb 28th and the one on the right from today..   [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/128652/] [/URL] #changethepicture

Now working on not letting my hands get in so much on the bs and then getting real shallow between A3 and A4.. I will try and keep it neutral almost and have the club parallel to the target line at A2 instead of so far in.. I'm hoping this will help me get the club up just a little less deep and help get better contact and less hooks.. Working 10 - 15 minutes a day should do it..

Eyad

• 2 weeks later...
Had a rough outing today with all my clubs.. My miss is this crazy straight overdraw with the driver.. Only had 2 or 3 pushed shots.. It's funny one of my pushed driver shots went 300 yards.. Iron game is terrible, and the course is not helping at all.. I am playing off this dead grass dirt stuff if I'm not exactly in the middle of the fairway.. I'm hoping it will get better with time.. I started really hitting the driver well in the back nine, but nothing else came around. I sunk a couple off the fringe so that was nice.. I'm going to play a few more rounds and keep getting the swing going before taping and start working on it again..

Eyad

I'm going to play a few more rounds and keep getting the swing going before taping and start working on it again..

That seems kind of backwards, no? You're going to groove the swing you have now for a bit and then start working on changing it? Why don't you just work on your swing between rounds?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

That seems kind of backwards, no? You're going to groove the swing you have now for a bit and then start working on changing it? Why don't you just work on your swing between rounds?

It's just a couple rounds, and I'm specifically trying to address the one piece I am working on, which is getting the hands down faster.. Yeah the results (scores) have not been good but there are some very good indicators.. I continue to work on this same piece, and I can't really work on anything else because I don't have any video to support going to another one.. Besides, I am trying to leave the OTT club, so the hook and push miss is a welcomed thing.. My friend actually commented today on how I have stopped slicing... Music to my ears :). I am probably over doing the piece, but after all the years of slicing overdoing it from the other spectrum might do me some good.

Eyad

Took a couple of videos to start tracking progress today..  There are good things in my swing, and there are bad things.. I am going to start up again with evolver as I hope I will have time to go to the range once a week.

Key 1 - is a mess

Key 2 - getting better especially with some visible SAT

Key 3 - garbage / I can't control my duffs which is my biggest miss (probably also related to Key# 1)

Eyad