IGNORED

My Swing (FooFader)

FooFader
Note: This thread is 3522 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So it's been two weeks since my last update. I haven't hit a single ball in that time but i have been making some swings everyday in front of the mirror and i can tell it's making a difference with getting much more comfortable with my backswing piece. Now when i take a backswing at normal speed i hit the position i want and stop there which is fantastic. I am just feeling like i am pushing my arms as far away from me down the target line as i possibly can and focusing on feeling the arms not moving at all and only being moved by my shoulder turn if that makes sense.

I am going to set up a space somewhere to practice some putting and hopefully get some video and advice from the experts here. Seems like putting videos are the cool thing to post at the moment ;-)

Henry

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

Putting stroke finally on video!!

I haven't hit a single ball in the past 6 weeks due to uni commitments and a lack of car ownership. Been doing a bit of mirror work here and there but it's been hard to keep it going when i know i can't play. I've been working hard in the gym though and am getting stronger which can only help my golf once i get back out there.

I have however finally after 4 weeks with no internet (hence no posts on TST) got my putting stroke on video. I can't decide whether i like it or not... looks a bit awkward to me but that my be due to the fact it's filmed in my kitchen which has no space...

All, tips and analyse of my setup and stroke would be fantastic and much appreciated!

EDIT: sorry for the video, just noticed you can't see the ball at setup, i'll get a better video up if you think this a problem!

Henry

• Administrator

Backswing looks a bit short. Face hooded slightly? Tough to tell from that view.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Backswing looks a bit short. Face hooded slightly? Tough to tell from that view.

Yep, i would agree that the back swing is much shorter than i thought. Before getting on video i always felt that my backswing and follow through were roughly the same length but definitely not the case. Feel is most definitely not feel! But I'm not 100% sure if i was subconsciously holding back or something because i was inside. As long as the setup is ok then i'll get practising with some drills when i'm back home next week and then get some video from both angles on a real green. Thanks again @iacas

Henry

I'm now back home and on my 3 week summer holiday. My plan for the coming 3 weeks are as follows:

1. Play a full 18 holes every weekday morning
  2. half an hour of putting or short game practice at the course before i come home each day.
  3. Full swing work in the net in my garden in the evenings working with my camera.

I have high hopes for shooting some good scores over the next 3 weeks due to the every day playing. Hopefully when i get my swing on video this afternoon i won't have regressed in the 7 weeks since i last swung a club and that the changes i made a while back with Brian from evolvr are still on track.

Unfortunately i am no longer with evolvr due to the limited weeks of golf in the year from now on and also got no funds until my student loan comes in for next year. However, i know what i need to keep an eye on and what my pieces were from last time so i get move forwards by myself for a while. I shall post some video tonight or tomorrow with my thoughts.

Henry

I'm now back home and on my 3 week summer holiday. My plan for the coming 3 weeks are as follows:

Play a full 18 holes every weekday morning

half an hour of putting or short game practice at the course before i come home each day.

Full swing work in the net in my garden in the evenings working with my camera.

I have high hopes for shooting some good scores over the next 3 weeks due to the every day playing. Hopefully when i get my swing on video this afternoon i won't have regressed in the 7 weeks since i last swung a club and that the changes i made a while back with Brian from evolvr are still on track.

Unfortunately i am no longer with evolvr due to the limited weeks of golf in the year from now on and also got no funds until my student loan comes in for next year. However, i know what i need to keep an eye on and what my pieces were from last time so i get move forwards by myself for a while. I shall post some video tonight or tomorrow with my thoughts.

Sounds like a very enjoyable 3 weeks.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

It's going to be a lot of fun. Pretty much living the dream

Henry

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

It's going to be a lot of fun. Pretty much living the dream

Post some pics and maybe a vlog.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Post some pics and maybe a vlog.

When i get a clear morning, both with the weather and the course i may well attempt a 9 hole vlog. Should be a lot of fun to do!

Henry

Putting practice video from yesterday. Better camera angle this time. To my eyes, it looks better than before but still looks a little long on the follow through

Henry

Watch out for this, handle is a little back at set-up. It adds too much loft (effects distance control) and can cause you to pull it.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Thanks for the advice @mvmac . I shall watch out for that today. I know i have a tendency to get the handle too far back with full shots, so i try to get the handle over the crease in my trousers which sorts that out. Guess i'd never thought about it with the putter.

Henry

A couple of swings from today. I'm liking the length of the backswing but i'm still losing my wrist angle on the downswing too quickly i thick. This was my priority piece with Brian when i was on evolvr so i guess i shall keep working on that unless anyone else seeing anything. I'm not sure i like the look of my swing in full speed, and maybe my posture is getting i bit too bent over?

Henry

A couple of swings from today. I'm liking the length of the backswing but i'm still losing my wrist angle on the downswing too quickly i thick. This was my priority piece with Brian when i was on evolvr so i guess i shall keep working on that unless anyone else seeing anything. I'm not sure i like the look of my swing in full speed, and maybe my posture is getting i bit too bent over?

Nice dude. Not much to add from me...what are some things you are doing to stop losing the wrist angle?

I'm not sure i like the look of my swing in full speed, and maybe my posture is getting i bit too bent over?

Yes a little too much, just raise the chest up a couple degrees. Swing looks good, lots of good alignments on the backswing.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Something seems strange to me in your backswing your head gets tilted back, like your shoulders are too flat maybe.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Something seems strange to me in your backswing your head gets tilted back, like your shoulders are too flat maybe.

I was about to say the same thing, looks like your shoulder is hitting your chin pushing your head back and up.

Note: This thread is 3522 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!