IGNORED

PGA Championship Thread!

Puttin4Bird
Note: This thread is 6102 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I noticed Woody Austin himself do the club twirl at least a couple times during the round. I don't think it's all that unusual.

That's true, it's not unusual. However, there's the Tiger club twirl and then there's everyone else's club twirl. Tiger was exaggerating it even more so than he usually does making sure to snap his hands out further and throw in a few extra twists for good measure.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's true, it's not unusual. However, there's the Tiger club twirl and then there's everyone else's club twirl. Tiger was exaggerating it even more so than he usually does making sure to snap his hands out further and throw in a few extra twists for good measure.

Wow, what must it be like to live under a microscope the way Tiger does? People are actually on the Internet discussing the pros and cons of his post-shot club twirl!

I don't care how good a player you are technically, you can't play golf well unless you get true joy and happiness out of hitting a flush tee shot. I think Tiger's club twirl is just a subconscious reaction to the satisfaction he gets from hitting one dead, solid perfect. Its the same as a baseball player who holds his bat in the air a little longer after hitting a homerun or a basketball player who keeps his shooting hand elevated maybe a half-second longer than normal after swishing a deep three-pointer. I don't think these acts are cocky or showing-off, they are simply a physical manifestation of the players love for the game.

Driver: Launcher, 10.5°
Fairway: Big Bertha 2007, 15° & 18°
Hybrid: Rapture, 21° & 24°
Irons: Big Bertha 2006, 5 - PW
Wedges: Vokey, 52° & 56°Putter: White Hot XG, Rossie Ball: HX HotI'm not saying my golf game went bad, but if I grew tomatoes, they'd come up sliced. ~ Lee Trevino

fun story, but I went for some practice rounds and Saturday and Sunday.

One of the days I was watching Camilo Villegas practice and there were three young ladies yelling at him and telling him that they love him and all that nonsense.

He finally looked over at the girls and talked to his caddie. His caddie walked over to the girl in the middle and said "He wants your phone number". She politely wrote it down and gave it to the caddie to give to Villegas.

Did I mention that these were three of the most beautiful young ladies I have ever seen?

Must be nice to be him :)

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

Note: This thread is 6102 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!