IGNORED

Why does Tiger HAVE to hit the cut?

Nutter
Note: This thread is 3834 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok. What does 13 degrees of launch look like?

:doh:

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Tough love, Nick. Not every thread needs to turn into a discussion of your golf swing.

For anyone wondering, Nick has a strong tendency to ignore the topic and to discuss his own golf swing or thoughts on the golf swing, and though he's been warned several times, continues to do so. Here's to hoping that this will put a stop to that.

In addition to the above, the question remains a poor one, and my hint at that - which I wouldn't even call subtle - was completely missed. Missing the "hint" played no part in the decision to restrict Nick from the thread - his strong tendency to steer topics into personal tangents is solely the reason.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Ok. What does 13 degrees of launch look like?

what does 13 degrees of launch look like?  it looks like distance for 80-85% of the golfers out there.

Visually speaking with a 95-103 mph club head speed, Picture a stand of oak trees that are out there 250-300 yards on a flat hole, you're are hitting your driver, your ball flight should be 2.0+ times higher than the top of that tree line. At the top of tree line you would be about 6-7 degrees. I base this watching thousands & thousands of golfers on a flight scope and trackman launch monitor.

Apologies if this was already brought up, but could he be hitting the draw because of some perceived benefit to his left knee? Can that swing path be "easier" on it? As hard as Tiger swings I would think that draw or fade are both hard on his knee, but I don't know enough to know. My understanding is that the left foot is more open and that could be reducing stress on the knee a little. He has to consider the long run, his career needs to continue for 18 more years (55) or more.

Does a fade stress the left knee less?

Why do they call golf "golf"?  Because all the other four letter words were taken.

Apologies if this was already brought up, but could he be hitting the draw because of some perceived benefit to his left knee? Can that swing path be "easier" on it? As hard as Tiger swings I would think that draw or fade are both hard on his knee, but I don't know enough to know. My understanding is that the left foot is more open and that could be reducing stress on the knee a little. He has to consider the long run, his career needs to continue for 18 more years (55) or more.

Does a fade stress the left knee less?

Yes the left foot being more turned out does greatly reduce the chance of injury to the knee.  I think it's more turned out now than earlier in his career.  If anything I would think a draw would tend to be easier on the knee, but I don't think it's a big difference.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Another angle on the cut versus draw thinking.

In reading up on Hogan, one of the reasons he wanted to get away from drawing the ball was the snap hook.  He felt the draw could very easily go wildly out of control but the fade was much easier to control and didn't fear the slice.

I'm just not sure if he was only referring to himself or the swing in general.

Paul

I'm just not sure if he was only referring to himself or the swing in general.

Pretty sure he was just referring to himself.  From the video/pics I've seen of his "old" swing he would tip the head back on the downswing.  I think his head went too far forward on the backswing, very long backswing, and he had to tip back to create some axis tilt.  I'd also bet he hit a few shots close to the toe (head going back can do that), with the clubs and spinny balls those guys played, that thing would be turning left quick.  I remember reading an article with Hogan talking about how when he was swinging well he felt he slightly heeled his tee shots.  I think that was a feel he liked because the toe shots gave him nightmares lol

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 3834 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!