IGNORED

Need some serious advice on etiquette

Hemi
Note: This thread is 3831 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There are two possibilities:

1.  The story is fake.

2.  The guy is having marital problems and the OP is the most inconsiderate golfer on the planet.  The wife didn't help her husband look for his ball?  Seriously!?

Answer #1 is the right answer. Just a troll.

Damn, happens regularly to me. I take a deep breath, help look for a ball. Most folks help each other. I play muni courses. I'm not going on tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I personally hate it when somebody is looking in the woods for a ball, unless there is at least some visibility and the faintest hope that the ball will be found. However. I still help them, or at least poke around in the leaves with a club to pretend to help, until I suggest that maybe the ball isn't going to be found, and try to move play along. Even when playing ready golf, which is all I ever play, I would wait for him to come out of the woods.

As for his wife, be careful what you wish for, is all I am saying.

Three of us were playing a par four. One guy hit his ball into some pretty think trees only about 30 meters from the tee. He played a provisional ball and then went looking for his first shot. We just played on - didn't wait for him and when he came out (less than 5 minutes later) we were already on the green (300 meters away) putting out. He didn't play out the hole - and just left. I only saw him walk off. I have not spoken to him since and when i have called and left messages he has not replied. I think he is upset about us not waiting. Have i broken a rule of golf? and do you think he has a right to be upset?

Any advice welcome

Frankly, what you did was rude.  It really doesn't matter that his wife was equally rude, although it might matter to him.  Were you really in such a hurry that you couldn't

help him look?  That's just common courtesy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krupa

There are two possibilities:

1.  The story is fake.

2.  The guy is having marital problems and the OP is the most inconsiderate golfer on the planet.  The wife didn't help her husband look for his ball?  Seriously!?

Answer #1 is the right answer. Just a troll.

Now that you mention it, you're probably right.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Sounds like you have trust issues with your wife/girlfriend.

I have no issue with people "scoring alone time" with my wife, it's not like she's gonna run off a screw some other guy because she was left alone with a flirt. Our relationship is little stronger than that.

Haha, actually, I told my wife about this and she told me I would totally not punch somebody in the face over this. So apparently I was just flexing my internet muscles a bit back there.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Haha, actually, I told my wife about this and she told me I would totally not punch somebody in the face over this. So apparently I was just flexing my internet muscles a bit back there.

Ahem...coff..coff... Well I definitely would have punched someone in the face.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Sounds like you have trust issues with your wife/girlfriend. I have no issue with people "scoring alone time" with my wife, it's not like she's gonna run off a screw some other guy because she was left alone with a flirt. Our relationship is little stronger than that.

She told me last night you'd say something like that... :-P

Colin P.

Ahem...coff..coff... Well I definitely would have punched someone in the face.

She even went so far as to suggest that the reason I'd want to punch someone in the face would have more to do with my poor play than someone trying to pick her up. :whistle:

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

She even went so far as to suggest that the reason I'd want to punch someone in the face would have more to do with my poor play than someone trying to pick her up. :whistle:

Ouch...don't you hate it when they are right?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Ouch...don't you hate it when they are right?

Eh. I'm used to it.

Bill

My Swing Thread

The thing i should have mentioned was that i was playing with him and his wife. It was just me and her alone on the green after we left him behind. This might have added to the tension as i'm a bit of a flirt.

:-):whistle::dance::-P

That's hilarious..........

So did you give her a ride home after the round?  If so, you followed proper etiquette!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Note: This thread is 3831 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!