IGNORED

What is your average Driver yardage?

itzzzberny
Note: This thread is 4729 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. How far can you go w/ the Driver on average?

• 75 - 150 yards
    • 151 - 200 yards
    • 201 - 260 yards
    • 261 - 285 yards
    • 286 - 320 yards
    • 321 - or more

I average about 260-270 with a little cut or 270-280 with a draw. Need a new driver with a stiff shaft to get more distance...
In the bag...
Driver: Taylor Made Burner
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler
3-pw: Taylor Made rac OS2
Wedges Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Mid SlantBall: Pro V1 or NXT

Are the distance measuring capabilities on those indoor simulators accurate? If they are I'm going to go with a video camera and show all you doubters that an 18+ handicap can hit 300+. You guys need to remember that most golfers aren't exactly the most athletic and in peak physical condition. I also doubt many of the guys on tour do heavy squats, dealift and jerks. These things build explosive power and that's probably why I can hit so far. There is a reason that powerlifters are some of the fastest runners in the world in short distances. Explosive, fast twitch power.

THE BASIC ANSWER TO ARE THEY ACCURATE - not all the time - i know of people hitting 700yards on simulators - just change the settings! more often than not golf shop simulators measure high in my experience as they are trying to flog you things.

Yeah, I know they can mark distances on the course. But my point was that in most situations you can't mark distances on the range. There are some driving ranges that SkyGolf has mapped, but how do you know the pin is in the same place that SkyGolf marked?

I mapped my driving range which has permanent 'greens' with heavy duty metal 'cups' so they don't move the pins around. I have the front/back/center readings.

I'm going to get a laser as well to pickout specific targets. Relating to this thread, I do not measure my drives on the range anyway.

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

I average around 225 off the tee. I play a 6610 yrd par 71 track. There is a 444 yard par 4 that I rarly reach in two. We have 6 par 4's that are over 400 yds. I am not that much shorter than most of my playing partners, maybe 10-15 yards on average and they are all single digit handicappers. We have zoysia fairways and they keep them watered. I'm impressed with all the long hitters here, but not with many of the handicaps posted.

You are right---with many golfers, there is an inverse relationship between their driving distance and their handicap. Most of my golfing buddies and competitors drive the ball from 225 to 250, and we play many scratch tournaments. I may have the high handicap at 4.2. We all have good short games and can putt well, including reading various types of greens. We practice many hours on our short games, and it does pay off. We seldom miss a fairway off the tee, even on narrow courses.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Oh dear! Sorry to have offended your feelings Jay_B. My point is that someone claiming an average of almost 300 yards off the tee and yet has a handicap of 15-20 must either a) be hitting it _so_ far off target it's not worthwhile or b) talking twaddle. Come on, think about it for a second.

You have to have the short game to score. My buddy is a bomber and about an 18 HC. His score card looks like this....par,par, quad, bogey, quad , birdie ,etc. His score depends on the birdies because he will take big numbers and lots of penalties.

He cant putt worth a crap and he will never take his medicine when he is in trouble. He never lays up and goes for every par 5 in two. I dread the day he learns to chip and putt because he will be putting a whippen on me. I can easily see guys hitting that far and still having the high handicaps. I see it every week.

Golf is the cruelest game, because eventually it will drag you out in front of the whole school, take your lunch money and slap you around. ~Rick Reilly, "Master Strokes," Sports Illustrated

Bingo - it's amazing how people undervalue putting and even the short game. Shots within 30 yards are twice as important than shots outside of that.

I know many people who consistantly hit 280, towards 300 - but they throw away shots with short irons and wedges, and then really struggle chipping and putting.

As for me, my driving distances are improving weekly since purchasing my new Titlest driver. Even after not playing for two weeks for vaca, I'm still pounding the ball. Not many right-down-the-middle- stripings, but I'm hitting more fairways.

Average is up to about 250, but I'm hitting 275-280 with a good roll, extension.

In my bag:
Driver: 907D1 10.5*, Aldila Spec-Grid S67 reg
Woods: Looking for a wood. Titleist 906F4 or Nike CPR.
Utility: CPR 2-3 hybrids, 22*-26*Irons: 755 Forged 4-PW, Tri-Spec Steel RegWedges: Vokey 200 series 56.10 SW, 60.04 LWPutter: Tracy 33"Ball: DT CarryI mark my Titleist by...

I carry it probably 215 yards, tops. But with roll and everything in the summer (my home course gets really hard, they never water it!) I can get them out there 260-270.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

You have to have the short game to score. My buddy is a bomber and about an 18 HC. His score card looks like this....par,par, quad, bogey, quad , birdie ,etc. His score depends on the birdies because he will take big numbers and lots of penalties.

Sounds just like me.

R9 9.5*
MP630 3 Wood
MP630 CLK Hybrid 17*
MP-32 3-pw Rifle Project X 6.0
56*10 satin & 60*10 oil can Method #1

I am about 225-250.

Driver- Snake Eyes 600T 11.5 Graphite Reg.
Woods- 3 & 5 Lynx Predator Graphite Reg.
Irons- 3-P Diawa Graphite Reg.
Putter- Ping Karsten (an old one)
Sandwedge- Console SteelBall- Whatever I can get my hands on Bag- Taylormade Stand Bag

• 1 month later...
avg between 220-230, but longest so far has been 255. still learning and worried more about accuracy than distance at the moment.

My bag:

Bag: TaylorMade

Driver: Taylormade Super Fast 2.0 (S)

3W: Taylormade Super Fast 2.0 (S),

Hy: 3 (18*) Rescue, Irons: 4-9, PW, AW TM Burner 2.0, Wedges: Rumar 56 and 60 degree, Putter: TM Ghost Blade

Ball: TM RBZ

Shoes: FootJoy DryJoys

Average is 265-270, counting roll, and mine are usually in the fairway. I have hit one 365 before, and several 330-340 but that is counting where the ball ended up at, and I draw my Driver, so it gets a lot of roll. I know a lot of guys who can flat out bomb it, and many of them can hit it 300+ on a regular basis, but they have no idea where it is going, and to me that doesn't really count.
Next time they give you all that civic bullshit about voting, keep in mind that Hitler was elected in a full, free democratic election- George Carlin

In the Hoofer bag:
10.5* Redline RPM G5 16* G5 19* G5 22* MX 200, 4-6, MP-52 7-W Vokey 50*, Vokey SM 54*, 58* G5i flatstick IGNITE ball

At the range, if I'm hitting them pretty straight, they are landing at about 175-200yds. When I clobber them, they go waay right. So I'm trying not to do that.

In my Bag:
Forgan Red Square 460 Driver
A2 OS Irons 3-PW
and Some sort of putter

• 2 weeks later...
I'm a skinny kid at 5'9" 120 lbs. (High school freshman), but I averaged 239.4 yds on the Vector launch system recently. My teammates and I did the math, and I have the largest yards per pound ratio on the team ;)

What's in My Extreme Lite Bag:
Driver: 909D2 9.5* w/ stiff Made for Titleist Voodoo
3-Wood: 904f 15*
2- Hybrid: 18* Heavenwood
3-PW: X-18 w/ steel Uniflex shaftsSW: Forged 56* LW: chrome 60*Putter: 34" White Hot Two-BallBall: NXT Tour

• 5 months later...
Got up to 230 reliably, but with my swingspeed I should be able to get to 250 quite easily if I can find a way to reduce my backspin. I am currently using a regular flex shaft, but with a SS of 100-105mph, I should probably switch to a stiff.

I tested a whole bunch of drivers on a Vector launch system last week and the TM Tour Burner felt absolutely perfect. No sidespin, 3500 backspin (low for me) and 257y carry. Once the wedding is out of the way and finances are back in order, that club will be in my bag!

Note: This thread is 4729 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!