IGNORED

What is your average Driver yardage?

itzzzberny
Note: This thread is 4735 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. How far can you go w/ the Driver on average?

• 75 - 150 yards
    • 151 - 200 yards
    • 201 - 260 yards
    • 261 - 285 yards
    • 286 - 320 yards
    • 321 - or more

I said 286-320 which may be a bit generous, but I feel like if I try to get everything behind it I hit it about 300. I'm assuming this poll means only shots where we are on say, a par 4 and are trying to hit it very far.

Granted, I sometimes play it more conservative to keep it on the fairway, so maybe more like 250-275ish, but when I want to knock the snot out of the ball, I sure seem to be able to.

This is one part of my game I've spent seasons on, though, and it's finally just coming around. Hopefully my short game can develop.

My bag:
Irons: Rac OS2
Driver:
Putter: STX Sync 9740
Balls: One Black Pro V1 HX Tour

I hit all my irons sky high but for some reason my driver just doesn't like to fly, unless it's a block out push :( It's great in the summer on a dry day, but during the winter it can be a bit rough. I marked the 260ish to 280ish range. I have driven low 300 yard greens and in a scramble when we have a decent drive already in the short stuff I am sure I can hit it farther, but that's my 'comfy' power band.
In the Bag:

-Driver- 905ti 10.5 deg Speeder Shaft
-3W- R7
-Hybrid- G5 22 deg -Irons- X-16 Reduced Offset Created -GW, SW and PutterAnd a Big 'ole Umbrella!

I had this measured last summer and when I hit the driver good, I top out at 290. I hoping after my operation that making some tweaks to my swing and a new workout regimen will get me at 310.

3JACK

Yeah, i gotta say that 97% of the people saying they hit the ball over 300 yards are lying, and 85% of the people that say they hit it over 261 are.

Driver: Sasquatch Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila NV Stiff
Fw: Sasquatch 4wd Reg.
3 Iron: Burner Stiff
4-Pw: Ta5 Reg.
Sand Wedge: Reg. 588 56Lob Wedge: 588 DSG 60Putter: Studio Stainless NewportBall: Pro-V1 (When I can afford them)Home Course: Sunridge Canyon in Fountain Hills, AZ

Yeah, i gotta say that 97% of the people saying they hit the ball over 300 yards are lying, and 85% of the people that say they hit it over 261 are.

Whew...I'm glad you didn't say 100% of the people

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

You do get people that can hit it that far. Of course they're playing on a rock hard golf course.

Back when I was in HS in upstate NY I started off the golf season playing one course where the ground was still pretty frozen. Me and my buddies were hitting the ball like 325 off the tee (and that was 14 years ago when the equipment wasn't nearly as good) and I remember us thinking that we just greatly improved our distance through offseason workouts and improvements on our swing. Boy were we dead wrong. 3JACK

My average driver distance is probably about 270 (inclusive of roll) the big problem is that I can't hit my driver too save my life, seriously if you watched my hit a driver 5 times out of 10 you would think I play off 15, I push the ball, duck hook the ball hit it high and then hit it low, there is no consistency, needless to say the driver is the reason I'm not off 3 or below

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

My average driver distance is probably about 270 (inclusive of roll) the big problem is that I can't hit my driver too save my life, seriously if you watched my hit a driver 5 times out of 10 you would think I play off 15, I push the ball, duck hook the ball hit it high and then hit it low, there is no consistency, needless to say the driver is the reason I'm not off 3 or below

Forgive me, but I have to ask then: what is your definition of "average distance"? After self depricating remarks like that, where you claim to only hit 50% of your drives well, I wasn't expecting to read that your average drive distance is 20 yards longer than the average Scratch golfer's drive (

in the US anyway, according to the USGA - I've posted the link several times to their data page, but don't have time to find it again right now ). I mean, if you only hit it what you'd consider it well 5 of 10 times, and the AVERAGE is 270 for all ten , then the 5 that you're hitting on the screws must average over 300 in order to compensate for their wayward bretheren in O.B. land. Or are even your mis-hit "duck hooks and pushes" going an average of 270 yards (some 240, some 300, but averaging out to 270)? I'm not trying to bust your balls by this, but I really am curious. So many people here have posted almost exactly the same thing ( or the equally remarkable - and common - "I average 290 and can reach most par-5's in two, but carry an 18 because my short game is awful .") that I have to wonder how they determine "average distance". Is it just me? Has it just been my bad luck to have NEVER met any of the legions of amatures who truly average more than what the USGA says amatures average? Or perhaps it might be one of these. Do you think maybe: 1. Most people can't figure averages correctly? They are selective, discounting duffs because "that's not typical of me", or estimating the distance slices and hooks went, usually on the high side, and adding them to the results? 2. Golf is really about penis size, not golf? ( C'mon, look at all the analogies! Grip your shaft! Play with your balls! GET IT IN THE HOLE! and so on. Lol... ) And NO ONE wants to admit they are not as long as how long everyone else is claiming? If a 20 handicapper here says he averages 260, the 18 handicapper behind him is not gonna hang his head and admit to averaging the more realistic 200 yards (again, from that USGA stat page). Both will now and again really catch one and send it 260 - such is the nature of "average" - but neither will admit to being regularly more petite than that in public. 3. An awful lot of people just plain can't estimate distances? (I know, I know: "I've got a GPS!" "I was measured on a launch monitor!" "I paced off the entire way!" "The driving range markers say so !!" THOSE people are all accurate....they just fall victim to #1 and #2 above?) Wow, I seemed to have digressed a bit, and now I have to leave for the evening (" Coming, dear !"). Sorry about that. But yeah - I was really wondering how you figure your average distance if half your shots are as bad as you described. Someone who averages TWO SEVENTY with a swing that produces such inconsitent ball flight is a curiosity to me. Hope you didn't take umbrage at any of this. I wasn't intending to rankle....

Bag It:

3-Wood Wishon 525 F/D, 13*, Matrix Studio 65gm, Golf Pride Dual Compound
Hybrid: Wishon "321", 24*, MSF 85 HB, Winn DSI
Irons: Wishon 770CFE, Matrix Studio 74gm, Winn DSI

Putter: Odyssey DFX 2-Ball

Bag: Some big, honkin', ridiculous overkill of an Ogio cart bag with more pockets than I have teeth.

i know how averages work - 305 - 310 conservative

Gee. No reason to question a claim like that. Especially if you're just being conservative. Kudos to you for both your prowess

and figuring restraint! Good luck at the PODS this weekend.... (Speaking of, here are the current Tour driving average leaders: 1. Bubba Watson 316.37 2. J.B. Holmes 310.16 3. Dustin Johnson 306.61 4. Brett Wetterich 303.86 5. Robert Garrigus 303.54 ( http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/statsIndex ) Carry this list with you - you can brag to your friends that you out drive Tiger & Co.!)

Bag It:

Bag: Some big, honkin', ridiculous overkill of an Ogio cart bag with more pockets than I have teeth.

That's the spirit!

Bag It:

I find myself struggling with driving distance, I can find any fairway I choose to thought! I would like to get some tips on how to pick up an extra 10-20+ yards

I wish I could average over 260 per, but i'm affraid I must average just shy of that, maybe 240s to 250s. I get the occasional 280+, but too few and far between.

In my Bag:

Tour Burner 9.5* ProLaunch Red Shaft
Baffler TWS & DWS Hybrids: 2,4
Irons: 09 Burners 4-AWWC Liquid Copper SW 56*WC Liquid Copper LW 60*Putter: Black OZ T130 TP Black

hi

i think distance has a lot to do with where you play, ball, and club technology.

The best players aren't always the longest. Length is only useful with precision-ie 300 yards out of bounds is no good.

Anyone in this chat room who says that they hit it 300+ consistently needs to have a sit down in a dark room because thats frankly ridiculous-200 carry and 100 run does not count.

The thread should read What is your average driver yardage carry?

Most amateurs carry it a maximum of 250 on a good day.

bb

. . .I put together a used set of Taylor Made Ti Bubble 2 clubs last year. I thought they were the best thing and figured that I was not good enough to spend money on current technology clubs. Boy, was I wrong! I made the mistake of trying my friends TM Superquad and I was booming my drives. I went out for the first time yesterday for this year and was consistently at 275 on my drives! I went out this year and bought my own Superquad and the Taylor Made LCG irons. They are very forgiving and I really am looking forward to this golf season.

Mike

. . ."Commit to each shot. . .and believe"!!

In my R7 Tour Bag:

Driver: Taylor Made R1 "Black" Aldila RIP Phenom Stiff Shaft  Fairway:  RocketBallz #3 (15 degree) Stiff Shaft  Hybrid:  #3 (19 degree) Stiff Shaft,  Hybrid:  #5 Burner (25 degree) Stiff Shaft   Irons & Wedges: CGB Max '08 Black Steel Stiff Shaft. PW, SW, & LW. Putter: Rossa Modena...

Note: This thread is 4735 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!