IGNORED

What is your average Driver yardage?

itzzzberny
Note:Β This thread is 4738 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. How far can you go w/ the Driver on average?

• 75 - 150 yards
    • 151 - 200 yards
    • 201 - 260 yards
    • 261 - 285 yards
    • 286 - 320 yards
    • 321 - or more

I can carry about 200-210, and I am 5'0" 110 lbs. :D

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

• 2 weeks later...
I normally hit my drives about 450 yards, give or (mostly) take about 175 yards.

Your name explains that

INTHE BAG(today)
Driver: Speedline 10 10.5deg
Fairway woods: speedline 3w
Putter:Master grig

Irons: A2 OS

SandWedge 1200GE

Balls: Soft Feel

Bag: Great Divider

Lots of Hope!

I played several rounds with a guy who is on the the long drive circuit.
He could kill the ball,to somewhere he knew not where. He couldn't chip or putt a lick.
He said if he could get one to 350 in the "grid" each round he would probably finish in the money, maybe even win some events.
This is with a 50" juiced up 4 degree driver built for distance only.
Some of these guys get it out there to 400, but that is rare.
Sooooooooooo, if you are hitting it 300 with your 45" off the shelf driver, there may be a future for you on the long drive tour!
Good luck with your new career!

INTHE BAG(today)
Driver: Speedline 10 10.5deg
Fairway woods: speedline 3w
Putter:Master grig

Irons: A2 OS

SandWedge 1200GE

Balls: Soft Feel

Bag: Great Divider

Lots of Hope!

I've just started two months ago but I've gotten decent. My first round I've ever played actually trying I shot a 94 which I heard isn't to bad for only starting two months ago. I can also get it between 151-200 average and can on occasion get it 213+

Driver: G2
3 Wood: Launcher
Irons: FoundersWedges: Putter: Tru TechBall: The Longest NoodleBag: Grom If you are going to throw a club, it is important to throw it ahead of you, down the fairway, so you don't have to waste energy going back to pick it up. ~Tommy...

i love going to the range and hitting as hard as i can with my r7 proforce v2.
but on the course, i try to keep everything in sequence so i would say i average about 290, i recently entered a remax long drive qualifying tournament just for fun, my longest was 326, i came 5th the top five all hit 350+ :0

My driving distance is betwen 280-290 sometimes 300. Im like 65 % on the farway, The rest is just on the short rough close to the farway. For me is more importan acurasy than distance, but sometimes you just want to crush the ball hehe.

What is in my Ping bag:
Driver: R7 425 9.5*Fujikura Vistapro 70 stff
3Wood: An old 15* Graphite Stiff.
5Wood: R7 ST 18* Mid point RE-AX 70 Stff
7Wood: Tight lies 21* Graphite StffIrons: An old set of EYE2+ 4-PW Steel StiffWedge: vokey SM 54*10 and 60*08Putter: Studio Style Newport 1.5Balls...

I average between 280-290 probably, with some going over 300 yards. I'm not as long as I use to be, but have better control.
play4him

Driver: Titleist 905R
3-Wood: Titleist 904F
Hybrid: Titleist 585 19 DegreeIrons: TitleistWedges (PW,Gap,SW,Lob): TitleistPutter: Bettinardi C04

I hit the ball around 260, and if I get a hold of it I cant hit it around 270

Driver- 9.5 905R
Woods- V-Steel 15*
Hybrid- Rescue Dual 16*
Irons- 3-P Project X 5.5 Wedges- Vokey 54* and 58* Putter- Scotty Ball- Bridgestone B330-S

• 2 weeks later...
I carry it around 230 yards with my driver. My longest drive ever was about 310 yards, with roll.

In my bag:
Driver: Titleist 909D2 11.5Β°, UST Proforce V2 85X
Wood:Β Titleist 909F2 15.5Β°, UST Proforce V2 Tour 95X
Hybrid:Β Nickent 3DX DC Ironwood 20Β°, UST Proforce V2 Tour 105X
Irons:Β Titleist AP2 4-GW, TTDG X100, 1Β° weak (except the 4i), 1Β° flatΒ 

Wedges:Β Titleist Vokey SM56.14, SM60.07, TTDG X100, 1Β° flat

I can hit my driver around 220 consistently. My 3 wood goes about 200 to 210 so I use that most of the time.

Just to show you how much conditions and geographical location can skew data...I was in West Texas this summer playing in a 20 mile an hour wind. I bombed one out there about 300 yards, roll included. All I did was tee it up really high and take my normal 220 yard swing. The West Texas heat, combined with dry air, hard ground, and the WIND added nearly 80 yards to my tee shot.

It's not like that over here in NC though. Even now in the drought, I only get 10 or 15 yards of roll, which on a good driver swing will get me into the 230 range. It's all about the carry distance in my neck of the woods.

My (current) Sticks:

Callaway X Hot 3 Wood
MacTech NVG2 Mids 4-GW
Cleveland DSG RTG+ 56*/60*Ping G5i Craz-E PutterK. I. S. S.

Buy a sky marked or scratched Callaway or TaylorMade 400cc driver, any cheap 3 metal, an old Taylor Made rescue club(one without weights) Look on Craigs.com list for a set of 3-PW cheap irons, a 56 degree sand wedge, cheap putter and golf bag. Don't spend more than $200 for entire set. Use it a year for practice as you'll beat the crap out of it. Then if you still love golf after the season, which most likely you will, look on ebay for your second set while researching reviews of clubs that fit your eye and pocket book. Don't buy new when you're starting out, you'll regret it. Once your swing is down and you are scoring in the 90's feel free to spend thousands of dollars on top line equipment like the rest of us fools.

Driver: FT-5 9.5 65g V2 stiff
3 wood: 904f 13 YS6fw+ stiff
4 wood: 904f 17 YS6fw+ stiff
Hybrid: 585.h 21 YShybrid+ stiff
Irons: MP 60 4-PW NSPro950 stiff stepped-1Wedges: MP-R 52.07,56.10,60.09 NSPro950 stiff stepped-1Putter: Scotty Cameron Red X2 33"Ball: ProV1

Not long enough! 250 is a long drive for me.

L4V M Speed
Insight XTD Hybrid 3 Wood
Insight XTD Hybrid 5 Wood
Idea A30S Hybrid 4 and 5 Irons
09 Burner Irons 6-AW CG14 WedgesF7 2 Ball Putter w/ dyssey Jumbo Grip Grom Bag

Average is 240, my Ping isiT 13.5 is getting on a bit, I don't know how much difference a more recent driver would make. Distance is pretty consistent though, the occasional 280 plus miracle, but not many < 230.
My X-hot 3 wood is current technology, and much more forgiving/consistent, seems it goes 200 yards straight regardless of how I hit.

In My Bag:
Driver: isi-T 11.5
3-Wood: X-Hot 15
Irons: isi-K 3 - SW2 + LW
Putter: Anser 2i

I'm not getting off the box as well as i like. check out my swing.

Ummm your left foot is coming off the ground.. Isn't that like the biggest no no?? In anycase, I love when people ( not here :) )claim these big drives, I have friends that do this all day long. "I can drive 280 yards" And some people would think that even after seeing them hit.. The truth is, markers are usually so off at many courses people don't even know.. I bring my Skydaddy with my all the time and their faces are priceless when they think they hit 280 yards and it went 210 at best. That being said I think I average about 200 yards because many of my drives are 60% swings overall. I have driven the ball though 270 yards before, hitting with all my might.

i would say my average drive is around 275.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

Note:Β This thread is 4738 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!