• Announcements

• iacas

Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dfreuter415

Favorite Movie Pre-1950

15 posts in this topic

My favorite pre-1950 move is The Adventures of Robin Hood , a 1938 American swashbuckler film starring Errol Flynn, Olivia de Havilland, Basil Rathbone, and Claude Rains.

The obvious... Casablanca. Too many to name just one.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Gonna have to go with "Gone with the Wind" but "Stagecoach", "The Virginian", "High Noon", "Northwest Mounted Police" and "White Heat" are real close..

Come on.....just about anything with John Wayne!

Sands of Iwo Jima, She Wore a Yellow Ribbon, The Fighting Kentuckian, They Were Expendable, etc....

Take your pick......

High Noon was a cracking film. Do 'shorts' count? Good. In which case, I'll have to have Laurel and Hardy's  'The Music Box'.

Along with the John Wayne list, you can add just about anything with Jimmy Stewart.....

Winchester '73, Destry Rides Again, It's a Wonderful Life, Harvey (see, not all shoot 'em ups ;-) ).......

Along with the John Wayne list, you can add just about anything with Jimmy Stewart.....

Winchester '73, Destry Rides Again, It's a Wonderful Life, Harvey (see, not all shoot 'em ups ).......

My favorites are the Hitchcock films - Rear Window, Vertigo, Rope, The Man Who Knew Too Much. Plus Mr Smith goes to Washington. I think I've seen Rear Window at least a dozen times. Check out this Rear Window time lapse.

I like the film noir genre. Cynical detectives, smart-mouthed babes, lies, deceit, mayhem. They come on every once in awhile on TCM. Key Largo, Maltese Falcon, The Third Man, etc.

I like the film noir genre. Cynical detectives, smart-mouthed babes, lies, deceit, mayhem. They come on every once in awhile on TCM. Key Largo, Maltese Falcon, The Third Man, etc.

I know this is a pre 1950s thread, but this 2005 movie, Brick, is a big fat homage to film noir.

I know this is a pre 1950s thread, but this 2005 movie, Brick, is a big fat homage to film noir.

It looks good, I'll have to download it. Thanks. Another great semi-recent film noir movie was "Body Heat". William Hurt and a then-very-sexy Kathleen Turner.

Arsenic and Old lace was a great movie.