IGNORED

TaylorMade JetSpeed - And yet another line of woods for TM

RPMPIRE
Note: This thread is 3504 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i usually stick with what works. don't buy into the gimmicks, i'm not an equipment junkie, my friends are tho. they hit the r11s driver the best and they've bought newer models that don't perform as well. i still use callaway ft-5.

i went into dicks sporting goods store other day christmas shopping. and had spare time then end up trying r11s and taylormade r1 drivers, on simulator,  both are similar. then i tried the jetspeed fairway 3 wood.. i liked it.

maybe 5-10 yards average shorter within driver distances and hitting it off the deck is easy.

i never tried any rbz rocketballz, or rocketblads, or whatever stage it is. i bought the 3 wood jetspeed, for the versatility  of off the teebox and off the fairway use. i avg 240 off the deck on the simulator with tight dispersion.

i hope i hit it on the golf course similar to the way the simulator shows.

i realize in few months, taylormade will come out with new club call  HyperSpeed, Warpspeed or Klingon hyperWarp technology or something. but if this works well. i'll use it for years till it breaks.

TAYLOMADE, STOP FLOODING THE MARKET WITH SO MUCH CLUBS. once a year is enough. the value and desire factor of previous models drop dramatically when new models come out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolagolfer View Post

i usually stick with what works. don't buy into the gimmicks, i'm not an equipment junkie, my friends are tho. they hit the r11s driver the best and they've bought newer models that don't perform as well. i still use callaway ft-5.

i went into dicks sporting goods store other day christmas shopping. and had spare time then end up trying r11s and taylormade r1 drivers, on simulator,  both are similar. then i tried the jetspeed fairway 3 wood.. i liked it.

maybe 5-10 yards average shorter within driver distances and hitting it off the deck is easy.

i never tried any rbz rocketballz, or rocketblads, or whatever stage it is. i bought the 3 wood jetspeed, for the versatility  of off the teebox and off the fairway use. i avg 240 off the deck on the simulator with tight dispersion.

i hope i hit it on the golf course similar to the way the simulator shows.

i realize in few months, taylormade will come out with new club call  HyperSpeed, Warpspeed or Klingon hyperWarp technology or something. but if this works well. i'll use it for years till it breaks.

TAYLOMADE, STOP FLOODING THE MARKET WITH SO MUCH CLUBS. once a year is enough. the value and desire factor of previous models drop dramatically when new models come out.

I have a R11 drive that I got when the R11S came out. I hit both and didn't notice a difference besides sound. Ive hit the R9, R7, and both RBZ and I think they are all a little different but not all that much. I got mine because I liked the feel and it was quite a bit lower in price then the new model.  I think they make solid clubs but I completely agree on they just keep pumping them out. I don't know how much improvement they can make in that short of a time period.  I like how ping and titliest space their realize.  It might just be in my head but having a new club come out every other year make me feel like they are putting some time and effort into the clubs. I really liked the RBZ fairway woods but now that Ive hit the X Hot I think Id rather have one of those.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

taylormade says this is the most forgiving and longest fairway clubs they've ever made.

Until few months from now, they'll make something else longer and even more forgiving.

please don't taylormade. i just bought the 3 wood jetspeed. Lol.

taylormade says this is the most forgiving and longest fairway clubs they've ever made.

Until few months from now, they'll make something else longer and even more forgiving.

please don't taylormade. i just bought the 3 wood jetspeed. Lol.

Just use it and enjoy it.  When they come out with the LightSpeed in 3 years (after the Hyper JetSpeed, JetSpeed 2.0, Super Duper JetSpeed 2.0) then you can upgrade.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Haha @ nolagolfer, that always happens, right?? I hear the JetSpeed is a great 3W though. I actually played it patient with the Nike Covert driver that I wanted for the longest time...waited until the 2.0 was announced and bought the first version (barely used) for $99.99. Saved me $200+...absolutely ridiculous. It's like buying a used vs new car lol. I wonder if the over producing of new clubs will ever stop.

BS32

• Upvote 1

I just bought jetspeed 3 wood. if they come out with jetspeed 2.0 or hyperjetspeed or whatever in the next few months and make me regret not waiting. I'll never buy taylormade again and go to titleist.

Honestly, a lot of companies are doing that now and not just TMAG. It's better just to get comfortable with what you already have unless you have enough saved up to get the JS 2.0, TP, Performance, or whatever they may call it. If it already performs better than what you currently have in the bag, there's really no need to keep upgrading.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

I just changed all the shafts on my taylormade wood and hybrids. They feel like brand new clubs with was more control. Hey, I put new life into my burner superfast 1.0

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I just changed all the shafts on my taylormade wood and hybrids. They feel like brand new clubs with was more control. Hey, I put new life into my burner superfast 1.0

What shaft did you use.

[quote name="Lihu" url="/t/71012/taylormade-jetspeed-and-yet-another-line-of-woods-for-tm/90#post_931899"]I just changed all the shafts on my taylormade wood and hybrids. They feel like brand new clubs with was more control. Hey, I put new life into my burner superfast 1.0

What shaft did you use.[/quote] Burner superfast 1.0 - dynamic gold x100 cut for 45.5" Rbz stage 1 3w 15 degree - dynamic gold x100 cut for 42.5" Burner 2.0 18 degree - KBS HY Xstiff standard length Burner 2.0 23 degree - KBS HY Xstiff standard length The flights and direction are much more consistent. No more hooks or fades. I am not a super long hitter, I did this to slow down my swing for more consistent shots.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Would it be a good idea to match my driver shaft and my 3 wood? I have a prolaunch red in my driver(R11) and the stock shaft in my 3 wood(G15).

Would it be a good idea to match my driver shaft and my 3 wood? I have a prolaunch red in my driver(R11) and the stock shaft in my 3 wood(G15).

It works for me, because they are so close in length. The hybrids are also matched accordingly. My goal was to match the woods and hybrids to my irons. This has helped me overcome the subconscious urge to overswing when I get tired. However, my bag is much heavier, now.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Yeah i was hitting my driver real high so I switched to the prolaunch and it helped a lot. Its heavier than the shaft that came on it but I like that. I was thinking of matching the 3 wood since that's a lighter shaft as well.

Yeah i was hitting my driver real high so I switched to the prolaunch and it helped a lot. Its heavier than the shaft that came on it but I like that. I was thinking of matching the 3 wood since that's a lighter shaft as well.

I was measured by three different clubfitters, and all three gave different recommendations. So, I decided to base my fitting on basic laws of physics. I always felt that my body turn was not meeting enough resistance, and continued this way for a year because the clubfitters told me I was using the correct shaft. I hobbled along hitting really badly, compared to what I can do now with these shafts. So I decided to put an accelerometer on the old shaft to see for myself what was really happening. I took measurements of the acceleration along the swing path. I found that there were jerky motions along that path. Next, I put bits of lead tape along the shaft to change the swing weight. I found that I could dampen some of these jerky motions. I ended up adding almost 70 grams at the middle of the shaft. I also tried more flexible shafts and less flexible clubs. The common factor was weight and higher shaft flex reduced these jerky motions. I looked for shafts on the Golfsmith website, and found that graphite shafts are really expensive in the weights I found to be nominal. So, I looked at the steel wood shafts. With some anxiety, I brought them to my local Dicks, and had them change the shafts for me. The results were astounding, because what I found directly conflicted with what the clubfitters were stating. All the launch monitor data was just not right in my case. My build is somewhat naturally stocky, and I need to work to keep my weight down. I am roughly 5' 10" and weigh 202 and I am reasonably trim. I suspect that my case is not unique, and that the clubfitting equipment and theory might be tuned for really thin and athletic golfers.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Its getting confusing now.... I think TM should go back to the number system.... now nobody even knows that U've just gone out and bought the latest and greatest and gained 3 foot off that mishit which has just been enough to get u right under the fecken tree. I'm wondering is distance such i good thing on a mishit!!!! I'm usually telling it to get down...

Its getting confusing now.... I think TM should go back to the number system.... now nobody even knows that U've just gone out and bought the latest and greatest and gained 3 foot off that mishit which has just been enough to get u right under the fecken tree. I'm wondering is distance such i good thing on a mishit!!!! I'm usually telling it to get down...

Well, you can always go on their website and see what the latest driver is ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Now they'll get over the trees.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 3504 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!