Lihu

My Swing (Lihu)

795 posts / 54780 viewsLast Reply

Full swing irons today with Top Flight range balls at my home town. I'm just happy to be getting my swing back. I hit off the toe with quite a few shots, and the range balls were not the 1 pc Srixons but still kind of old looking.

image.thumb.png.a96d70af6d735f9e8a00b138454bb302.png

My son's 7i

image.thumb.png.ca34441052bb344294073f0b382de5ec.png

My son's 6i shots:

image.thumb.png.2575e8bcaffc5ee1e5ede3bddd9c394e.png

My son's 9i

image.thumb.png.58a56f474e9ffedab107f7e91ca82181.png

and his 5W:

image.thumb.png.a5042c59ce39287a28e054f2ff7cd5f2.png

We used copper tape with the corners nicked off with an Xacto knife after placing them on the cleanest range balls.

Edited by Lihu

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nice work @Lihu. Looks like you're getting back to where you were before your break.

I like the height you're getting with your 7i, and the consistency between your best and worst shots is impressive.

3 hours ago, JonMA1 said:

Nice work @Lihu. Looks like you're getting back to where you were before your break.

I like the height you're getting with your 7i, and the consistency between your best and worst shots is impressive.

Thanks.

Yeah, those would be my "gaming" swings rather than the "swing for the fences swings" I sometimes do on the range. :-D

4 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Thanks.

Yeah, those would be my "gaming" swings rather than the "swing for the fences swings" I sometimes do on the range. :-D

If I remember correctly, you can hit your 8i 160 yards. But hitting a 7i 155 yards will get you around a 6300-6500 yard course, right?

32 minutes ago, JonMA1 said:

If I remember correctly, you can hit your 8i 160 yards.

You know what? I think I selected the wrong club in the application. My son seems to remember that I was hitting my 8i, but I'm not going to start an argument on this site about me not being able to hit my 8i that far. My typical 8i shot with premium balls is 154 according to game golf, and my 8i shots typically don't roll more than a yard or so. In any case, if it was 8i my spin numbers suck anyway. :-D

I doubt I could hit an 8i 160 yards. . .maybe a flyer?

But hitting a 7i 155 yards will get you around a 6300-6500 yard course, right?

For the average player, probably true.

I do often play 6400 yard courses, but prefer to play shorter if tees are available. It's a lot less "pressure" and more fun that way. 6000 yards is a lot more comfortable for me because of my so-so ball striking on the course.

Edited by Lihu

Hi Everyone,

Still going to play golf, do my daily challenge and play my once a week game.

I’ll pop in every now and then. Getting too busy at work and my other activities.

Thanks for all the help this last year!

Loving my Flightscope Mevo! Worth every penny!

Lihu

Edited by Lihu

The score wasn’t too bad, but the playing was awful!

https://bnc.lt/yzOb/6tG7egzpXR Lihu M shot 40 at Brookside Golf Club (C.W. Koiner Course 1) 

It was 41 BTW

My kit was D910 71gm shaft normal length

RBZ 3W steel X100 shaft

MP32 PW to 3i and two wedges. 60 and 56. Plus big Fontana putter

Getting too cold and dark so 10 holes. Shot about the same...again, score not too bad, playing sucked 🤪

https://bnc.lt/yzOb/QAC9jqfs2R Lihu M shot 45 at Santa Anita Golf Course (Santa Anita) 

My kit was D910 71gm shaft normal length

RBZ 3W steel X100 shaft

MP32 PW to 3i and two wedges. 60 and 56. Plus big Fontana putter

Two more rounds...forgot to post here...

https://bnc.lt/yzOb/UC5n80ingT
Lihu M shot 59 at Brookside Golf Club (C.W. Koiner Course 1)

Nothing abnormal about this round. Hooked a drive deep right on the 12th then tried to recover with a 6i to the fairway into a tree. Hit another tree then got a miracle putt 🤪

Got really cold once the sun went down.

https://bnc.lt/yzOb/xQjl1UongT
Lihu M shot 75 at San Dimas Canyon Golf Course (San Dimas Canyon)

16 holes, we hit some really slow players.

$hit happens I guess, other than my double was feeling pretty good about my round then a double. The triple was me recovering a bit from twisting my ankle a tiny bit on that stupid 45 degree slope where my ball rolled into a clump of grass...after landing the fairway. 🙈

Going to post a few more...I’m sooo lucky 😂
Edited by Lihu

Shot traps at my shooting range...my son hit 24 out of 25 basically single barrel. Hand loaded my Mossberg 930 one shot at a time.

I hit only 12 that way, but could have hit at least 24 if I had that second shot 😜🤣1A04663F-E902-480D-ACCD-0AC24603715F.thumb.jpeg.e37afecd807781778058856885c6b4ef.jpeg59C8D0B1-DC54-4DCD-81FA-759468EBADF0.thumb.jpeg.99a70f645208cd89603e1467d89b979d.jpeg5B2ABEB6-6980-4FB0-B1E4-8C86D2C9814D.thumb.jpeg.90d36c7a419e875f78e62219ab28f668.jpeg

881B52C3-060D-4C3C-AB48-D3C05B1537AB.thumb.jpeg.98af0c243a59686019a153e70311dc3f.jpeg

41 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Shot traps at my shooting range...my son hit 24 out of 25 basically single barrel. Hand loaded my Mossberg 930 one shot at a time.

I hit only 12 that way, but could have hit at least 24 if I had that second shot 😜🤣1A04663F-E902-480D-ACCD-0AC24603715F.thumb.jpeg.e37afecd807781778058856885c6b4ef.jpeg59C8D0B1-DC54-4DCD-81FA-759468EBADF0.thumb.jpeg.99a70f645208cd89603e1467d89b979d.jpeg5B2ABEB6-6980-4FB0-B1E4-8C86D2C9814D.thumb.jpeg.90d36c7a419e875f78e62219ab28f668.jpeg

881B52C3-060D-4C3C-AB48-D3C05B1537AB.thumb.jpeg.98af0c243a59686019a153e70311dc3f.jpeg

At the range yesterday, I suggested they combine Trap shooting with the golf range.  Not sure the owner would like that though. 😜

44 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

At the range yesterday, I suggested they combine Trap shooting with the golf range.  Not sure the owner would like that though. 😜

I suggested the same thing at the golf course, and I got 👀 from them like I was to be put on a “list”. 🙈

When asking if I could hit golf balls at the shooting range whereupon they sent us to the trap shooting “corner”. So, that’s where we were today, but it turns out my son and I had a blast in those nether regions of the shooting range. 106 clays were cast with my son hitting almost half of them. 😁

We might go to the Sporting Clay range across the canyon where it’s said we can hit golf balls then shoot them mid air  😊

@boogielicious if this turns out to be more fun, we’ll have co-inventorship of whatever this “sport” ends up being called 😂

Just got fitted for a club at Golf Galaxy, and the “fitter” gave me his best shot. Tried 6 clubs and spent more than an hour with me. My spin rate on every club he chose for me was mostly closer to 6000rpm some with as much as 1600 side spin. For a laugh, I decided to keep quite and go with his fitting and walked out the store with a shiny new club. Here are the Mevo results with cold range balls... my swing speed is a little lower with Mevo than my buddies XL...I’m typically 102 on XL and TrackMan, but trivial differences...

2CA58AB2-51CE-4246-8AD8-4E81E9E5CF6F.thumb.png.03e890d8dd24103141983400a3aaded3.pngCEBB3D3F-75F5-43AF-A846-4F0D2D37F3D5.thumb.png.e6643eb973d047ec67724b0c97fb5ab6.png8900DE1F-2328-4F86-9651-225A47CAB888.thumb.png.abe82653e6b34538691ecf42dffb9412.png

For some reason my 55 yard peak height one was not in this group, but this is the second day with similar results.

I have a 90 day replacement policy, so not really a big deal, but you really need to talk to the fitters at these big stores more. Don’t go in there and follow them blindly. He also stated I have an 84mph swing, and I promise, I didn’t laugh. Just got my wallet out and paid for the club 😊

The shaft is really nice though... the new Project X 5.5 regular.

I think most people don’t expect a middle aged man to have a swing speed over 90 😂.

Edited by Lihu

Going to take some video this morning to see if I can catch possible flipping? My irons and hybrid don’t flip, but it’s totally possible?

Not flipping, but I was coming up about 8degrees. Changed that and stood higher. With the same 1.34-ish SM was consistently getting my 224 carry with 2800rpm 100mph swing with Mevo. The balls were clearing the 240 flag, but I’m at 700 feet elevation and slightly more humid air.

Will check TrackMan numbers next week, Mevo is probably still low by a couple percent...

So, in the end the driver is pretty decent. Didn’t really have to swing that hard and the balls went really straight.

Guess the GG fitter knew his stuff after all 😁

Edited by Lihu

On 11/3/2019 at 11:45 AM, Lihu said:

Just got fitted for a club at Golf Galaxy, and the “fitter” gave me his best shot. Tried 6 clubs and spent more than an hour with me. My spin rate on every club he chose for me was mostly closer to 6000rpm some with as much as 1600 side spin. For a laugh, I decided to keep quite and go with his fitting and walked out the store with a shiny new club. Here are the Mevo results with cold range balls... my swing speed is a little lower with Mevo than my buddies XL...I’m typically 102 on XL and TrackMan, but trivial differences...

2CA58AB2-51CE-4246-8AD8-4E81E9E5CF6F.thumb.png.03e890d8dd24103141983400a3aaded3.png

131.6 ball speed with 99.6 clubhead speed? Smash of 1.32?

That's not very good. No wonder you're not hitting it very far - you're probably glancing across the ball like crazy.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

131.6 ball speed with 99.6 clubhead speed? Smash of 1.32?

That's not very good. No wonder you're not hitting it very far - you're probably glancing across the ball like crazy.

Yes...if I had a 100 mph SS....I'd expect around 240 carry and ball speed around 144-145 on well struck shots...especially if it was a properly fitted driver.