IGNORED

"Get in the hole"

mstuk
Note: This thread is 4330 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I personally hate it. I think who ever says it is an absolute idiot. If the ball is rolling toward the whole and has a real chance of getting in, I can see it. But yelling it as soon as they tee off or even as soon as they putt is ridiculous.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a discussion about this very thing over the weekend. I really can't stand it, especially on tee shots on par 5s. Seriously dude, it aint going in the hole. I've got to imagine its mostly the same group of people doing it over and over again through out the day, doesnt it get boring?

Driver: 909D3 9.5*
Wood: 909F3 15*
Hybrid: a4 3-4H
Irons: MP-57 5-PW
Wedges: MP R 50.5 SM 54.12 MP R 58.10Putter: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Mid SlantCorrect me if I'm wrong Sandy, but if I kill all the golfers, they're gonna lock me up and throw away the key...

Yelling "Get in the hole!"

Should be punishable by death.

In my bag:

Cleveland Hi Bore XLS 8.5* X Stiff
Mizuno MP 650 13*
Halo 22 Deg Apex Plus 4-E Apex Plus Gap Wedge CG15 54 Deg CG10 58 Deg Anser 4 ProV1x

Lighten up a bit. I respect the game just as much as anyone else, but I think it's good that people can feel involved and show their support. If I was a pro, I'd love hearing it after my shots just because I'd like knowing I had some support behind me.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

If it's a pitch shot or long putt that looks like it has a chance, uttering such a phrase is justified. But when someone in the gallery yells it the instant the ball comes off the clubface on a player's drive at a 570-yard par 5, it becomes ridiculous.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I hate the "get in the hole!" guy. What I did find HILARIOUS though, was a couple of weeks ago, when Watney and Phil were going at it, Phil teed off and some guy yells... "Get in the water!!" HAHA! Now thats funny stuff.

In my bag:

R9
Burner 3w
Burner 5w Burner Plus 4I-SW 60* LW, 52* GW Rossa Spider putter

It's slightly less annoying than "YOU DA MAN !!!" but both should result in the tar and feathering that was mentioned earlier.

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

Major irritation, to the point where I'll hit the mute button just the guy's swing is started. Was really surprised that the Augusta boys did not have them (or him, my wife claims it's the same guy that travels around) physically removed. It's bad for the image of the sport.

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers 1897-1935

Only a moron would engage in such behavior.

I pity the folks around here who scrap and do whatever they can to get Masters badges and get their kids and family to the tournament....get set up on their favorite hole and ready to enjoy the show.....and then some dumbarse comes along and has to yell "go in the hole" at every golfer that comes by. It takes a person of very low intellect to do something like this. I'd be compelled to say something to the idiot.

Clowns belong in the circus...not on elite golf tournaments.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Dumbest thing said on TV.

If you find it humorous, you really want to start questioning your own jokes before you crack them. They're probably as funny as "In the hole!"

Might save you some embarrassment.

Driver: Nike Covert Driver

Irons: Mizuno JPX-825 Pro 5-GW 

Cleveland Mashie 1, 2, 3, & 4 hybrids

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T4 Black Nickel 54* & 58*

Putter: Wack-e with super stroke grip

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X

I find it hilarious. Who says golf has to be a "quiet" game? As long as they're not yelling it while the player is swinging it's perfectly OK. It's not like they're yelling "YOU SUCK PHIL" or booing or stuff like that, it's just all good, clean fun. C'mon guys lighten up a bit. But I guess most people on here are too serious to think it's funny.

I find it hilarious. Who says golf has to be a "quiet" game? As long as they're not yelling it while the player is swinging it's perfectly OK. It's not like they're yelling "YOU SUCK PHIL" or booing or stuff like that, it's just all good, clean fun. C'mon guys lighten up a bit. But I guess most people on here are too serious to think it's funny.

thank you, i agree completely. I hate this golfer attitude that we are superior therefore no one should make loud noises or hit out of order etc. Golf is a SPORT guys! The, "get in the hole" only adds to the atmosphere. If a touring pro seems bothered by it, then he probly shouldn't be playing on tour. Also, if another fan doesn't like it, then they should probly leave. This whole, "golfer attitude" that alot of people have only does bad things for the sport.

I also hated it, when someone yelled, "get in the hole" at the masters and nick faldo replies, "oh please, not at the Masters" Whats the difference between the masters and arnold palmer inviational? I don't get it, everyone tries to make the masters seem better than anywhere else...its getting old.

I think its depends on where it is. If its me and a few guys out on the course drinkin some beer then you're gonna hear all types of golf talk such as "Get Up" when we desperately need to clear the water hazard, "Sit down" when we know we've really screwed our selves by taking way too much club at a green, "Get in the whole" which we yell when we think there is a glimmer of hope that we'll make an otherwise impossible shot and of course the ever present f-bomb which accompanies only those shots we don't strike absolutlely pure (so most of em). In that situation you may even hear someone wanting to use "the chainsaw rule" (If the rough is so thick in the area that you'd need a chainsaw just to get to the ball then you get a drop with 1 stroke penalty).

The PGA on the other hand really isn't the place for fans to yell "get in the hole" (especially at Augusta).

Clubs:
Driver: Ping Rapture 10.5 degree, Stiff Flex shaft
Fairway Wood: Ping Rapture 17* - Stiff Shaft
Hybrids: Callaway Heaven Wood 20* Firm Flex
Irons: Titleist 704 CB (Forged) (4-PW), Dynamic Gold S300 ShaftsWedges: Titleist Vokey 52 and 58 degreePutter: Odessy White Hot XG Model #1Bag: Ping HooferBa...

I find it gets really annoying even just watching a tournament on TV.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

lotta tight wads around here.... i thought it was funny at first b/c of the irony. but now i don't care, i hear it... and move on. i don't get angry (really... you might need to engage in some more activities if THAT actually gets you angry). like an above poster mentioned... wtf is with the elitist attitude from a lot of you?

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

Note: This thread is 4330 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!