IGNORED

metal music

xerex250
Note: This thread is 3800 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It's impossible to explain to a Nickelback fan how bad they are. No matter how hard I'd try you would never understand (I will try to explain at the bottom). It's just the same as you trying to convince me how bad Amon is...there's no way you could.

As far as Buckcherry goes, I enjoy a few Buckcherry songs haha, I wasn't making fun of them, I was just stating that's who you'd have to compare Nickelback too. You were talking about Nickelback being watered down and "nowhere near metal enough." Well that's because they are nowhere near metal in any way, shape, or form.

If this makes any sense to you, I'd say Nickelback is the Justin Bieber of hard rock. Shitty ass pop rock...and Chad Kroger's voice....ish. Then it's the songs they write, "Something in your mouth." Are you kidding me? I will sum up all the Nickelback hate for you right here and now. People hate Nickelback because they are basically a boy band pretending to be a rock band.

OK - fair enough ... that makes sense to me & based on the Bieber analogy, I can see why guitarists/metalheads don't like Nickelback.     I think the singer turns alot of people off - he's such a douchenozzle on and off the stage.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nickelback isn't heavy metal, they are in the same mold as Daughtry - nothing wrong with it, but it's not any sort of metal.  It's like saying Vanilla Ice is rap / hip hop.

Joe Paradiso

Nickelback isn't heavy metal, they are in the same mold as Daughtry - nothing wrong with it, but it's not any sort of metal.  It's like saying Vanilla Ice is rap / hip hop.

Funny, to me Nickelback seems about like 80's hair metal.     I know die hard metal heads don't consider that metal either, which brings us back to where I started ... it can't be real METAL (inthehole throws up the devils horns) by definition if it's radio friendly amirite ?     To todays metal heads, it seems like it's almost a badge of honor to NOT be radio friendly.      I guess to those of the younger generation that are more computer music/mp3 saavy, they don't probably ever even listen to a radio for their music so it doesn't matter ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

it can't be real METAL (inthehole throws up the devils horns) by definition if it's radio friendly amirite ?     To todays metal heads, it seems like it's almost a badge of honor to NOT be radio friendly.

That's an interesting question actually and I assume you're talking about local radio stations and not satellite. Some bands can ride the line, but it's pretty rare. Slipknot obviously was one of the major one's. Other metal bands like Killswitch Engaged can get air time on the local rock station, but it's pretty rare.

The hard thing is that most local stations are just called "rock stations", it's rare to find a local "metal station." If there was you'd hear more artists like Lamb of God or Slayer. Instead my local rock station plays Motley Crue, Drowning Pool, and Kid Rock.

If they ever do get close to metal...it's Disturbed (least favorite "metal" band), Godsmack, or System of a Down (I actually really liked).

If there was more stations dedicated to metal, maybe it'd be more popular. But for me, Liquid Metal on satellite is amazing enough by itself to get the subscription.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Note: This thread is 3800 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!