Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
golfdude71

Does a bad round of golf in the morning spoil your day ?

7 posts in this topic

Folks,

Being a high handicapper, many of my rounds are terrible. Since I play early mornings, I don't feel good after a bad round. For example I feel anxious during the day to go back and play a decent round. Other times I keep on imagining a good golf swing during the daytime and how I will execute it next time.

Inspite of knowing the fact that I am a high handicapper, I still feel down and out after a bad round. I have heard many people say that enjoy the game even if you are not hitting well. But I am not able to do that.

Is it normal to feel frustrated, depressed after a bad round ? Or do most people here enjoy the round no matter how they have played ? Should I go into the round with very low expectations ? Stopping playing on the course till I have reached a certain handicap or skill is not an option since now I have become addicted to going on the course at least 4 times a week for 9 hole rounds. Can't live with golf and cannot live without it !!!

Thanks.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

It took me years to get past that stuff. I'm now able to enjoy golf for the sake of enjoying golf. Sure a bad round is not as fun as a good round but it is better than digging ditches. Funny thing is, once I learned how to really stay in the moment on the course and to let go of bad shots and look forward to the next shot I started having a lot less bad rounds. Or maybe I'm just better at forgetting the bad rounds? In any case, life is far better now. After a bad round try to just remember the good shots you did make, even if there's only a handful, focus on those and ditch the rest.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It took me years to get past that stuff. I'm now able to enjoy golf for the sake of enjoying golf. Sure a bad round is not as fun as a good round but it is better than digging ditches. Funny thing is, once I learned how to really stay in the moment on the course and to let go of bad shots and look forward to the next shot I started having a lot less bad rounds. Or maybe I'm just better at forgetting the bad rounds? In any case, life is far better now.

After a bad round try to just remember the good shots you did make, even if there's only a handful, focus on those and ditch the rest.

Same for me, I might be gurmpy in the car ride home, but trying to figure out what I'm eating for lunch pretty much gets my mind off of a bad round!

Short answer.... Yes

Long answer.... Yes

Yep, pretty much me too.  A bad round sticks with me for a lot longer than it probably should.

But, so does a good round! :-)

For most golfers, the end result is what they have on the score card.

If they score well, it's a good day. If their score is high, they had a bad day.

But at my club,

it's a totally different story.

If any of the guys get a few Cha-Chingo's out of my retirement fund,

they have had a great day.

Most of the days, I just whistle all the way to the Bank !!!!

Except for a few which have been on a direct deposit program for years.

Then it's straight to the bar for a few brewski's !!!!

Club Rat

Any round in the morning, makes my day... punk :-)