IGNORED

Good beginners ball?

Guest ShadowXOR
Note: This thread is 6121 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've played the AD333 a few times. Best budget ball I've ever played.

For a real deal, you can get Precept Lady balls for under $10 and it's a very good ball.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

Guest ShadowXOR
Pinnacle Exception
Noodle: Long & Soft
Precept Laddie
Srixon AD333

These were my top picks and I believe I would go with the Pinnacle Exception, but the Precept Laddie are a lot cheaper than even the cheap balls and they are still well reviewed. I can get two dozen for only $20 here for the new Precept Laddie X so I picked some up. Thanks for the help everyone!

I can not believe I was the only one to suggest the Precept Laddie. For under $1 a ball, you can not get a better ball to learn with. I hope you like them.

"I'll always remember the day I broke ninety. I had a few beers in the clubhouse and was so excited I forgot to play the back nine." -Bruce Lansky

Guest ShadowXOR
I can not believe I was the only one to suggest the Precept Laddie. For under $1 a ball, you can not get a better ball to learn with. I hope you like them.

I saw a lot of other people recommending them elsewhere, they also had great reviews on multiple websites. I'll tell you how it goes.

Top Flite XL3000
What's in the bag

Driver: Speed LD F Driver 9.5°
5 wood: 909F2 18.5°
Hybrid: EDGE CFT 21°Irons: i5 - 4-pwWedges: CG10 52°, 56°, & 60° degreePutter: Udrainium Doc 15Ball: DT SoLoHome Courses: Spring Lakes Golf Club, Stouffville, ON & Ocean Ridge Plantation Golf, Sunset...

Okay. The Titleist NXT or DT SoLo are both good models. Also, Maxfli Fire is a good ball. Pinnacle Exceptions are also very good. Stay away from the ProV1 and ProV1x as well as the Callaway HX Tour and Tour 56. Another ball definately not for beginners is the Taylor Made TP Red and Black.
What's In My 2006 r7 Stand Bag...

r7 XR Japan 10.5
200 Series 3 Wood
Burner Rescue 3 rac HT 4-PW rac fe2o3 56*,60* Rossa Daytona 1 Sport hat w/ Adidas Apparel

I actually started losing some of my Nike SFT 2 Distance, so I bought some used balls at my proshop today for $.50 each. They had Titleist in there, so im like idc what kind they are, they've got to hit good. I shot, one of my best rounds, a 45, using just one ball. I really dont think you'll feel a difference if its a Titleist Pro V1, or a recycled [sp] golf ball in your current stage of the game, so I'd play with some really cheap balls untill you get the feel for the game. Once you start losing less balls per round, start getting some more expensive, and just keep climbing the ladder. But right now I dont think a beginner will feel any difference.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5*
3W: r7 Draw 15*
2H: Slingshot Hybrid 17*
7W: Launcher Sport 22*
Irons: Launcher 5-PWGW: X-Tour 50*SW: SV Tour 56*Putter: Sabertooth 34"Ball: TaylorMade TP LD Red

Guest ShadowXOR
I actually started losing some of my Nike SFT 2 Distance, so I bought some used balls at my proshop today for $.50 each. They had Titleist in there, so im like idc what kind they are, they've got to hit good. I shot, one of my best rounds, a 45, using just one ball. I really dont think you'll feel a difference if its a Titleist Pro V1, or a recycled [sp] golf ball in your current stage of the game, so I'd play with some really cheap balls untill you get the feel for the game. Once you start losing less balls per round, start getting some more expensive, and just keep climbing the ladder. But right now I dont think a beginner will feel any difference.

I figure they aren't too expensive so why not get something. A bad golfer + bad balls = even worse play (I assume). So for a reasonable price I will have a consistent ball that always plays the same so that as I get better I am very used to it. It would be even more confusing using cheap recycled balls when my ball would play differently every game! Maybe I'm wrong but it isn't much money so I bought a box of Precept Laddie X.

EDIT: For those curious my fiance picked up the Noodle Ice balls because she liked the colors and we got a good deal on them.

Note: This thread is 6121 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!