IGNORED

Golflogix GPS ?

Note: This thread is 5176 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thanks Billy, I just took the plunge and ordered the Garmin Golflogix

-Mike

Driver: 450cc, 12 degree
Irons: Rifle steel shafts
Fairway Woods: R7 HybridPutter: Marilyn GPS: Garmin Golflogix GPS-8

• 1 month later...
Can you mark your own hazards on the gps or not?

depends which one you buy... I have an iGolf and you can add 8 additional points per hole (aside from F, C, B). iGolf has a smaller cheaper new unit called the NEO, which only allows 4 additional points, but it only costs $150 as opposed to $230 for the caddieII.

On skycaddie I don't think you can add custom points to any of their pre-mapped courses. Golflogix... NO, have to use what they give you as to sureshot, golf guru, and all the others... I don't know.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

• 3 months later...
Thinking about ordering one -- anyone have one like to provide some quick feedback?

Thanks in advance.

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

I've used mine once (just picked it up last week). Simple to use, turn it on and go pretty much. In all honesty, you don't have to do a thing. It did shut itself off during my round once, but I'd rather it shut off instead of me possibly forgetting and running the batteries down.

Mine was accurate to withing a yard or two. So far I've only used it on my homecourse, so that's really overkill. I've been playing that course for over 20 years. When I get to a different course I'm no so familiar with, I will def. get some use out of it.

I got mine on Ebay, shipped for about $286, saved a few dollars, also picked up the $29.95 unlimited/annual subscription.

I still need to find out if I get to keep my downloaded courses after the year is up.

Chet

I can now see where those units are super handy. Sure does speed up play.

That sounds like a great value for yours, as well.

One question I've had is do the units function as regular handheld gps units as well....giving coordinates to your position. I could use the same unit for hunting as well.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

• 2 months later...
Can any of you GolfLogix owners comment about the type of battery life you are getting from your units?

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on one of these things, but have read a few comments where people said their GolfLogix absolutely burned through batteries.

Thanks!

Driver: FT-5 9* Neutral
3 & 5 Wood: SuperSteel
Irons: ISI Beryllium Copper
Sand Wedge: Ben Hogan piece of
Putter: White Hot

I've put three rounds on mine since I got it and so far so good. I use normal Duracell alks.

Regards,
Spyder

In the 07' R7 stand bag R7 425 9.5* Proforce 65 V2 (s) R7 Ti 3 wood ReAx (s) R7 draw rescue 19* ReAx (s) R7 TP irons 4-pw DG-S300 TP black RAC wedges: 52/8, 56/12, 60/6 F2 Hamilton HM4 or Scotty Cameron Red X2 cs Nike One platinum GolfLogix GPS8

I get 4 to 5 rounds with regular batteries. I now use rechargable batteries and they tend to get one less round than regular batteries (i.e. 3 to 4 rounds before they need to be re-charged.)

By the way I love my golf logix

Thanks guys. I just pulled the trigger on this purchase (you only live once, right?).

From everything I've been reading, most people are happy with this unit.

Thanks!

Driver: FT-5 9* Neutral
3 & 5 Wood: SuperSteel
Irons: ISI Beryllium Copper
Sand Wedge: Ben Hogan piece of
Putter: White Hot

• 10 months later...

My Golflogix quit working for me.

Not sure if I might have dropped it too hard or what.
I can't find the right clip setup. Maybe I should just leave it on the bag.

I was really starting to get used to it.
When it's working, I give it a big thumbs up.

Has anybody had any experience with service on these units ?
I hope their customer service is similar to the some of the clubmakers that everyone has raved about.

I didn't buy it new, I got it off Ebay.

Driver: X460 tour- 9.5*
3-wood: 3+ - 13*
Hybrid: BB HW 20*
Hybrid: 24*
Irons: X-20 Uniflex SteelWedges: Colonial 56* & 60*Putter: XG SabertoothBall: GPS-8âIf you are caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God...

Sent an email and no response after 2 days.

Irons: X-20 Uniflex SteelWedges: Colonial 56* & 60*Putter: XG SabertoothBall: GPS-8âIf you are caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God...

Sent an email and no response after 2 days.

When it comes to issues like this, I prefer to call and speak to someone as oppose to e-mail. Just my take though.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

New course manager software and an update to the firmware seemed to have helped.
Back on line !!

• 8 months later...
I found one thread with a guy that had this and said it was good. I saw the commercial and thinking about getting it.

Does anyone else use the services from www.golfgps.com ? If so, what are your experiences with them? I used a uPro last year and thought it was "ok" and ended up selling it. Since I'm in the market for a laser, a cheap gps for my droid wouldn't be all that bad of an idea.

2010 Staff Bag
2010 S2 Driver - Stiff - (-.5")
2010 S2 3 Wood - Stiff
2010 Baffler TWS Hybrids 3 & 4
2010 MP-58 5-PW Irons - (+.5") 2010 MP-T10 Black Satin 52° - 56° - 60° - (+.5") 2009 Black Carbon 2 Putter Winn Grip e6Photos of my bag Golf Galaxy Wisconsin Amateur Tour PlayerGolf...

I have the program on my Iphone. I have found it to be about 5-10 yards off my skycaddie when comparing the two. Also I don't get yardages on the courses where my phone has no signal or little signal. That being said, I still use the program for the scorecard. Gives very good stats on your game and weak points in it.

My only problem with golf is that I am usually standing too close to the ball............ after I hit it.
In my bag

Ping G30 Driver

Ping G25 3 wood

Titleist AP2 3-PW

Edel wedges

Edel putter

I have golflogix for my blackberry and it is just as accurate as my friends skycaddie. I also have sprint so the service on the course thing has never been as issue

In my bag

Driver - c3 bullet 10.5 degree
Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood
Hybrids- 3dx 3 and 4Irons- 3dx 5-pwWedges- Purespin golf tour series gw,sw,lwPutter- antiguaBall - :taylormade: Burner TP

Note: This thread is 5176 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!