IGNORED

My Swing (Mackingchicken)

mackingchicken
Note: This thread is 3692 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Also if i was to go with evolvr are these vids good enough?

The videos are ok to start with Evolvr.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Evolvr is awesome as it gives you access to instructors that are the best of the best however, just like any instruction, you'll need to put in more work and show more patience than you have with your current instructor. You gave your current guy what, two lessons before you gave up on him? Maybe he sucked, hard to say but you need to commit at some point if you want to see real progress. You'll need to trust them and follow your lesson plans. Don't cast around looking for "extra bits" to work on outside of what they give you. Focus young Padawan.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Evolvr is awesome as it gives you access to instructors that are the best of the best however, just like any instruction, you'll need to put in more work and show more patience than you have with your current instructor. You gave your current guy what, two lessons before you gave up on him? Maybe he sucked, hard to say but you need to commit at some point if you want to see real progress.

You'll need to trust them and follow your lesson plans. Don't cast around looking for "extra bits" to work on outside of what they give you. Focus young Padawan.

haha I didnt give up on him, I have since day 1 been unsure about learning the RSS swing, and I like him but just think I would rather learn a more known swing haha

haha I didnt give up on him, I have since day 1 been unsure about learning the RSS swing, and I like him but just think I would rather learn a more known swing haha

In any case, dedication and commitment are required. It takes a LONG time to make changes and improve. Be ready for it and be patient. I've sucked forever and have worked REALLY hard and am only now starting to see some real results. Part of what slowed me down was 1: working on too many things at once 2: moving on to something new when I haven't really accomplished what I needed to accomplish with the previous piece. Learn from my mistakes and maybe you can save the time I wasted. If you choose to go with Evolvr, TRUST THEM AND DONT STRAY FROM THE PATH. Good luck.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

In any case, dedication and commitment are required. It takes a LONG time to make changes and improve. Be ready for it and be patient. I've sucked forever and have worked REALLY hard and am only now starting to see some real results. Part of what slowed me down was 1: working on too many things at once 2: moving on to something new when I haven't really accomplished what I needed to accomplish with the previous piece. Learn from my mistakes and maybe you can save the time I wasted.

If you choose to go with Evolvr, TRUST THEM AND DONT STRAY FROM THE PATH.

Good luck.

Im dedicated, haha. Thanks for the advice though. Im really considering Evolvr just trying to work out ways to get better vids regularly.

Im dedicated, haha. Thanks for the advice though. Im really considering Evolvr just trying to work out ways to get better vids regularly.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/platinumplus-4200xl-42-tripod/5191931.p?id=1218623872109&skuId;=5191931&st;=categoryid$abcat0410045&cp;=1&lp;=4

Mini-Tripod. I love the thing, works great :)

Also, probably save the video for when you have good lighting. This time of year isn't that great, middle of the day during the spring and summer is much better. Slow speed video needs good lighting. So, be mindful of that.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Swing recorded once I got home from the range. Are my hips or head moving to much during the backswing? Been working heaps on club path and think im finally getting the club on plane (correct me if im wrong!) Hip movement started because coach said I wasnt twisting enough but now I think im overdoing it...

Head is moving down and forward a little, just due to the knees changing flex at too fast a rate. Not concerned about the head movement  as much as I think the knee stuff needs to be addressed because of how it effects the sequence of the motion.

At A3, left arm parallel to the ground on the backswing, you want to have the right knee joint in front of the ankle joint. If it's inline with the ankle joint, the knee can't keep releasing flex. You want to gradually have that knee releasing flex. To be clear I'm not saying to hold the right knee flex, just release it at a slower rate. To do this, don't have the pressure in the right foot move to the heel until after A3.

Couple example, notice the gradual lose of flex

Mike McLoughlin

Head is moving down and forward a little, just due to the knees changing flex at too fast a rate. Not concerned about the head movement  as much as I think the knee stuff needs to be addressed because of how it effects the sequence of the motion.

At A3, left arm parallel to the ground on the backswing, you want to have the right knee joint in front of the ankle joint. If it's inline with the ankle joint, the knee can't keep releasing flex. You want to gradually have that knee releasing flex. To be clear I'm not saying to hold the right knee flex, just release it at a slower rate. To do this, don't have the pressure in the right foot move to the heel until after A3.

Couple example, notice the gradual lose of flex

Thankyou for the lined pictures!! They help a lot!!

So basically im straightening my right knee to quick? making it straight and loosing flex in it to early in the swing? Is there any point of the swing where my right leg should be as straight as it gets?

So head movement is only caused by my knee flex?

Also at the range today worked on getting the 'feeling' of the club and arms going faster then the body which helped alot because I think I often get the body going way ahead of everything else.

Thankyou for the lined pictures!! They help a lot!!

So basically im straightening my right knee to quick? making it straight and loosing flex in it to early in the swing? Is there any point of the swing where my right leg should be as straight as it gets?

So head movement is only caused by my knee flex?

Yes that's what I'm seeing.

Also could someone tell me does it look like im still coming across the ball causing slice? Or is plane better?

Little "shallow to steep".  Could cause some path problems.

Mike McLoughlin

Any tips on how to work on that??

You could always try the feel like you are giving a thumbs up on your take away?  Give it a try and then capture both images like above and see if there is a difference?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Yea, you are all arms and no rotation. When your arm is parallel to the ground, your hips should be nearly fully turned. Your arm is parallel and you have like no hip rotation.

I would try this out.

This will get you a feel of how the hips should be turned when your hands are about shoulder height. Now you need to get to that position dynamically from set up. I would try putting a sock under your arm pits and keep them there in the backswing. You will probably feel like your shoulders rotate at the same rate as your shoulders.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

You could always try the feel like you are giving a thumbs up on your take away?  Give it a try and then capture both images like above and see if there is a difference?

Just be careful that this feel doesn't cause you to stop rotating and lift your arms instead. I have abandoned this feel because that's what it does to my swing but YMMV.

You will probably feel like your shoulders rotate at the same rate as your shoulders.

Yeah, probably. :-P

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Just be careful that this feel doesn't cause you to stop rotating and lift your arms instead. I have abandoned this feel because that's what it does to my swing but YMMV.

Yeah, probably.

Nice catch :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Note: This thread is 3692 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!