IGNORED

My Swing (Anpe)

Anpe
Note: This thread is 3323 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'll try that at the range (indoor) later on this week. If I ever get rid of the fever I'm running. I'll post the results and some comments on it.

Thank you again!

At the indoor range, iron 6 swing speed 92mph tempo 3:2. Trying to remember to "flare" the feet. unfortunately I've only got the down the line view. Since i focused more on the swingbyte 2 device that I got yesterday.

I did these swings bare fot, it's easier to see what I'm doing with them.

I seem to be moving my left fot.

Should I try to keep it in it's final position,flared out, or is that to much?

more in this manner?

You seem to have gotten rid of the right knee and hip sway-how did you do that? Also at the 11sec mark it is hard to see,but is your right wrist bowed....that is to say at impact.

"There is no reason to listen to me. I am merely voicing my opinion on certain aspects of golf mechanics that I have experimented with along with others I have read about and watched." - freedrop, on himself [Source]

User was banned February 22, 2014 for multiple violations.

more in this manner?

Backswing looks great. Nice centered pivot with no sway in your hips. I think you're overdoing the right foot flare a bit, but @mvmac can attest to it better than I can.

I think you should work on getting that weight more forward. Your hips should slide more; it looks like you're spinning out too early. Feels like you're driving down and towards the target a bit, kind of like you're doing a squat.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You seem to have gotten rid of the right knee and hip sway-how did you do that? Also at the 11sec mark it is hard to see,but is your right wrist bowed....that is to say at impact.

One part is that I started doing an exercise where I take my stance with my buttocks against a wall and "roll" against the wall making sure that I've got a smooth but solid contact throughout the swing back and forth. The second reason  is (I think) that I started flaring out the feet, which make my knees flare out too. I know that I hid down on the ball (with irons and fairway woods), the attac angle differs a bit from club to club, but it's around 9 degrees, what that says about my wrist being bowed or not i don't know. However I've got a protheses in my right hand, after a motorcycle accident, so the wrist is quite stiff.

Backswing looks great. Nice centered pivot with no sway in your hips. I think you're overdoing the right foot flare a bit, but @mvmac can attest to it better than I can.

I think you should work on getting that weight more forward. Your hips should slide more; it looks like you're spinning out too early. Feels like you're driving down and towards the target a bit, kind of like you're doing a squat.

Thank you!

Yes I agree I need to work on getting that weight forward. I've started doing an exercise where I put the back of a chair against my left hip with the goal to push it forward att impact and followthrough.  I might have overdone the foot flare a bit.

One part is that I started doing an exercise where I take my stance with my buttocks against a wall and "roll" against the wall making sure that I've got a smooth but solid contact throughout the swing back and forth. The second reason  is (I think) that I started flaring out the feet, which make my knees flare out too. I know that I hid down on the ball (with irons and fairway woods), the attac angle differs a bit from club to club, but it's around 9 degrees, what that says about my wrist being bowed or not i don't know. However I've got a protheses in my right hand, after a motorcycle accident, so the wrist is quite stiff.

I still don't understand this double flare foot concept  ,one headed east the other west.But that aside,with a prosthesis in your right hand,have you ever experimented with the Jim Furyk double overlap grip.

"There is no reason to listen to me. I am merely voicing my opinion on certain aspects of golf mechanics that I have experimented with along with others I have read about and watched." - freedrop, on himself [Source]

I still don't understand this double flare foot concept  ,one headed east the other west.But that aside,with a prosthesis in your right hand,have you ever experimented with the Jim Furyk double overlap grip.

Foot flare allows the golfer to maintain proper knee flex in the left knee, and proper hip rotation in the back leg for the backswing. IT also helps get the weight forward more. Is it required, no, but it helps.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Regarding Jim Furyks grip, I didn't realize that he did that. What would the benefits be from that type of grip?

Regarding Jim Furyks grip, I didn't realize that he did that. What would the benefits be from that type of grip?

Takes the right hand more out of the swing. If a ten finger grip has the most right hand leverage, than a double overlap and maybe the interlock have the least. Think of it this way, take the club and put an inch space between the hands. See how easy it is to do a push pull to swing the club. Now if you put your hands closer together its less.

Of course take into account this varies for golfers. Grips are not all equal, even two grips that might look the same might feel totally different for that golfer.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

I was about to write a tedious explanation but it's best to experiment yourself and try the fingers both on top of the left hand index and middle finger as well as in between.I suggest you get the right hand on and adjust the left hand to it.

Takes the right hand more out of the swing. If a ten finger grip has the most right hand leverage, than a double overlap and maybe the interlock have the least. Think of it this way, take the club and put an inch space between the hands. See how easy it is to do a push pull to swing the club. Now if you put your hands closer together its less.

Of course take into account this varies for golfers. Grips are not all equal, even two grips that might look the same might feel totally different for that golfer.

Okay I see, I'll give it a go next time at the range and see how it works out for me.

Okay I see, I'll give it a go next time at the range and see how it works out for me.

Well, do what works for you. Don't change your grip because someone told you to. Fix the swing first, and then see if the grip can help tweak it a bit in the right direction. Anyone who comes up to you and tries to mess with your grip before seeing your swing is nuts. Look at the guy on the big break a few years ago, he played with left hand low for a full swing. I tried that and almost broke my wrist. It works for him.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Well, do what works for you. Don't change your grip because someone told you to. Fix the swing first, and then see if the grip can help tweak it a bit in the right direction. Anyone who comes up to you and tries to mess with your grip before seeing your swing is nuts. Look at the guy on the big break a few years ago, he played with left hand low for a full swing. I tried that and almost broke my wrist. It works for him.

You are Absolutely right, I'm thinking that It might make it a little easier on my right hand though, which makes it worth a try. I've already had the protheses replaced once so I'm not so keen on putting to much pressure on it.

To my eye this swing should work,it's pretty good.What happens when you hit a ball?

Note: This thread is 3323 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!