• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
jgk9426

Birdieball putting green

jgk9426    0
Just ordered the 9x2 putting green. That size is probably the biggest i can go. Wanted something better than just a piece of cloth, but not hundreds of dollars. I've read mixed reviews on the product. Anyone with experience with the birdieball practice greens?

Dave2512    275

Have one, actually two, been using it for more than a year and really like it. Not sure how much benefit you'll see from the 9x2 being limited by the size. I have 2 18x4's one on top of the other, for a while I had them taped together but it was more than I needed. The double layer feels really good on a hard surface. I get more from doing distance drills than putting to a hole. I marked mine every 3 feet and I putt randomly to different marks with 3 balls trying to stop the ball near the mark. Another thing that improved short putt percentage was standing at 3-6 feet and trying to make 18 in a row, starting over if I missed one. Now if I stand over a short putt I have confidence I will make it. My guess is you will find room for a wider green even if you have to roll it up when not being used. I put a little cardboard under it and get breaks that are nearly as wide as the green. When I set it up at 8 feet wide I chip to it.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

jgk9426    0
Great info Dave. I wish I could go bigger but in an apartment I'm really stuck on space. As you mentioned I think it'll really help from 8 feet and in

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2017 TST Partners

Talamore Golf Resort
    PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    Mission Belt
    Snell Golf
    Frogger Golf
    PitchFix USA
    • As others have said, you''ll probably be hitting a lot of shots with short irons .  with awkward changes to grip,posture, that kind of thing.  I'll be surprised if he let's you swing your driver unless your iron game is really competent and you don't have swing flaws. A very good chance it'll make you a better player, but early lessons  might not be fun. At least that's been my experience and that of everybody I know who have taken lessons.
    • I responded initially to David's comment about hitting an approach shot with what I thought would require a fairway wood to a difficult green and being confident in the outcome. What you've quoted was a response and disagreement to Kevin's comment suggesting that hole would not be difficult for higher handicappers. I'll resist replying to @Vinsk's post directly below yours. My apologies for taking this thread off-topic.
    • I've been looking at my swing in caddie view, especially P8/A8 (the shaft is parallel to the ground in the follow-through) and I noticed that my neck and eyes are still pointing in the direction of where the ball was at address until after P9/A9. I think this is a really bad move for me as I am left handed and left eye dominant, meaning that my dominant eye isn't really seeing the ball after impact, and I am not extending or raising my head from P7/A7 to P9/A9. Annika Sorenstam (who is right handed and right eye dominant) does the opposite move, at P8/A8 her eyes and neck are in the direction of the clubhead from a head swivel move in the downswing. Jim Furyk and David Duval do the same thing that she does and all 3 players shot sub 60 rounds... Could this be a magic move?
    • Uhh, these guys you are destroying, what scores do they usually shoot? they had low handicaps, they were on the golf team with me or for another high school.   You have a 28 HDCP, yet you hit the sweet spot consistently on your irons? for the most part, yes.    thank you for the suggestion, but I hate the feel and look of game improvement irons. which ones do you suggest?
    • Funny guy this Groucho, think he is trolling you Erik.  My story as someone who scores in the seventies when playing a good round (low eighties are more common). I really need my long game to be on. Hitting it 220-230y from the tee, playing a course at 6700y. Next I mostly have a wood or a hybrid to the green. Because of that I became a really good woods/hybrid player (practice it a lot during my rounds). There are two 440y par4's that I can't reach in two, stopped trying to make gir there (no more 3 woods out of my shoes to the green). Not that I hit every green, I even miss greens from 100y in, allways very happy to be on the green in regulation. Ngir is king for me. If not on the green, but almost, I try my Texas wedge (putter) to make up and down. I am not an elite player at all, but am really into scoring. Thinking about buying a chipper, because my chipping is below average. I take my driver out on every hole except par3's. I learned to hit a short gripped driver with an easy 70% swing 180-190y, when there is danger at 200+y, it works for me all the time.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Bryan Kasper
      Bryan Kasper
      (25 years old)
    2. Greg Pickett Golf
      Greg Pickett Golf
      (62 years old)
    3. hobecorning
      hobecorning
      (75 years old)