IGNORED

Club Distance issues

saturday
Note: This thread is 3722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm not sure what I've done recently but I'm not getting much distance from my driver and fairway metal.. I'm thinking it might be a steep downswing making a scooping motion.. I average about 230-265 with my driver and have had some great moments where I've hit over 270 but I'm lucky if I get 230 now.. This is a serious issue I need to fix. Some have suggested having the shaft in my driver also shortened by half an inch.. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

I suggest you make a My Swing thread, there's a handy guide to format it here: http://thesandtrap.com/t/38240/my-swing-video-threads-rules-please-read

It will allow some of the knowledgeable people on the site to get a look and help you improve long term. Anything we say without seeing your swing is a guess, would you want the fitter to guess what loft to make your driver or your opponent in a money match to guess your handicap?

Here is a helpful thread on the driver in general, which has helped countless players including myself. http://thesandtrap.com/t/44307/hitting-up-or-down-with-the-driver-in-an-inline-pattern

If you're thinking the swings are too steep, I'd suggest you try swinging along your foot line so you stay more on plane. Any off plane motion with the longer clubs is bad news so get back to basics. You can also reexamine where you're placing the ball to determine if it's not correct either, as that can make matters worse too.

• Upvote 1

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I suggest you make a My Swing thread, there's a handy guide to format it here: [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/t/38240/my-swing-video-threads-rules-please-read]http://thesandtrap.com/t/38240/my-swing-video-threads-rules-please-read[/URL] It will allow some of the knowledgeable people on the site to get a look and help you improve long term. Anything we say without seeing your swing is a guess, would you want the fitter to guess what loft to make your driver or your opponent in a money match to guess your handicap? Here is a helpful thread on the driver in general, which has helped countless players including myself. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/t/44307/hitting-up-or-down-with-the-driver-in-an-inline-pattern]http://thesandtrap.com/t/44307/hitting-up-or-down-with-the-driver-in-an-inline-pattern[/URL] If you're thinking the swings are too steep, I'd suggest you try swinging along your foot line so you stay more on plane. Any off plane motion with the longer clubs is bad news so get back to basics. You can also reexamine where you're placing the ball to determine if it's not correct either, as that can make matters worse too.

Thanks man, really appreciate it. You're definitely right about having to see the swing. I'll try and have a couple to show for next week as I'll be hitting the indoor simulator with a friend. Thanks again.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

I'm not sure what I've done recently but I'm not getting much distance from my driver and fairway metal.. I'm thinking it might be a steep downswing making a scooping motion..

I average about 230-265 with my driver and have had some great moments where I've hit over 270 but I'm lucky if I get 230 now.. This is a serious issue I need to fix. Some have suggested having the shaft in my driver also shortened by half an inch.. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If you live and play in Canada, the weather is probably cold and your drives would be shorter. So, 230 yards is expected rather than your usual 250 yards. Cold weather could account for about 7-10% distance loss.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

If you live and play in Canada, the weather is probably cold and your drives would be shorter. So, 230 yards is expected rather than your usual 250 yards. Cold weather could account for about 7-10% distance loss.

Yeah and I do notice that difference when I play in warmer climates I hit it longer but even in the simulator I'm hitting short.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

Yeah and I do notice that difference when I play in warmer climates I hit it longer but even in the simulator I'm hitting short.

Simulators and I don't really get along very well. So, I wouldn't trust anything they say. The results from optical ones say I need a ladies flex, and the results from the radar units say I need a XX Flex.

Check if the place with the simulators had them "calibrated" recently.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• 2 weeks later...
I'll upload a video as soon as I figure out how :)) turns out you can't from mobile

I lost about 20 yards this fall and realized fatter watching some video and looking at the club face that I was getting it off the heel. Some say that's the absolute worse place to miss hit the ball. Lined off on the toe and got my yards back.

A heel miss on a driver is not the worst miss. I'd rather have that over a crown, toe or shank any day. ;-)

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 3722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!