IGNORED

Two Gloves

Karl Woods
Note: This thread is 6102 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tommy Gainey from the Big Break. He's also giving it a go on the hooters and nationwide tours this year

http://golf.about.com/od/thebigbreak/p/tommy_gainey.htm

http://www.pgatour.com/players/03/07/50/stats/
What's in the bag

Driver: Speed LD F Driver 9.5°
5 wood: 909F2 18.5°
Hybrid: EDGE CFT 21°Irons: i5 - 4-pwWedges: CG10 52°, 56°, & 60° degreePutter: Udrainium Doc 15Ball: DT SoLoHome Courses: Spring Lakes Golf Club, Stouffville, ON & Ocean Ridge Plantation Golf, Sunset...

women.... i'm of korean decent and i've seen a lot of older korean women wear 2 gloves... might be cause they don't want farmer's tan ( when you have a shirt and you tan and you get the odvious tan line). same when you see asian ladies wearing big visors and gloves when they drive in their cars.

but 2 gloves shouldn't be any kind of performance boost.

In my bag:
Driver: R9 TP Rombax Stiff
3 Wood: R9 TP 85g Stiff
3 hybrid: X
4-SW: X-20 Uniflex

SteelLW: Forged Chrome

Putter: White Hot XG #1

does anybody know of any golfers who wears two gloves on the course?

Only when my right hand gets blistered or gets painful for any reason from holding the grip. (Yeah, I keep playing...)

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

hehe, what korean and other women will do in the name of fashion. Here in Korea they wear a visor and then drape their heads in towels to block out any peripheral sunrays that may come crawling under their visors. Not to mention that their visors are the huge extended ones... And on top of that you may see them using parasols...

women.... i'm of korean decent and i've seen a lot of older korean women wear 2 gloves... might be cause they don't want farmer's tan ( when you have a shirt and you tan and you get the odvious tan line). same when you see asian ladies wearing big visors and gloves when they drive in their cars.

My girl also uses two gloves....but she's an amateur...I thought you were inquiring about pros...lol...she finds it causes blisters when she doesn't. I said whatever makes her happy while playing, doesn't bother me one bit
What's in the bag

Driver: Speed LD F Driver 9.5°
5 wood: 909F2 18.5°
Hybrid: EDGE CFT 21°Irons: i5 - 4-pwWedges: CG10 52°, 56°, & 60° degreePutter: Udrainium Doc 15Ball: DT SoLoHome Courses: Spring Lakes Golf Club, Stouffville, ON & Ocean Ridge Plantation Golf, Sunset...

I've considered going either 2 or none so I don't have the stupid looking one glove tan

In my Grom CC bag
Driver: R580XD 10.5°
Woods: FX 3 and 5
Irons: Burner Oversize 5-9
Wedges: Burner Oversize PW & SW, Pinemeadow Tour Leader 60 °Putter: Pinemeadow BladeBall: D2 Straight

no it looks real dumb IMO

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

i wear 2. my hands sweat too much and i get blisters if i don't.
What's in the bag... ( Revolver)

Driver: Big Bertha Diablo 8*
3 Wood: 4DX Fairway 15*
3I-PW: X20 Tours (Rifle Project X Flighted 6.0)Wedges: CG12 Black Pearl 50* 54* SM Vokey X-Forged 58* C GrindPutter: Classic #2 66* lieBalls: Various

I've never tried two gloves, but now that you mention it I might just try it. I find that, since my hands get sweaty, my right-non-glove-hand loses grip sometimes (like 1 in 20 on a hot day) on the backswing and the club face opens up and I slice it hard. Maybe I'll give it a try.

P.s. I think golfing tan lines are classy ;)

Driver: r7 10.5*
3W: Black Ti
Irons: CG Gold
Wedges: 54*, Acuity 60*
Putter: Copperhead bladeBall: NXT-Tour

I can't think of anyone off the top of my head who does this but I'm sure some people do. I don't wear two, unless it's really, really cold out, then I'd consider getting a couple of those weather gloves.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

I carry the opposite hand glove in my bag. I do wear it in the winter months, early in the morning when it is cold out. One right handed glove has lasted me two years though so it shows how little I wear it.
Driver: TM R7 SuperQuad 9.5*, RE*AX Stiff
3 Wood: TM R7 TP, 13*, Fujikura Stiff

Hybrids: TM Rescue Dual TPs 2, 3, and 4, Mitsubishi Diamana Stiff
Irons: 2-PW TM R7 TP, DG S300Gap Wedge: Callaway X-Tour 52*Lob Wedge: Callway X-Tour 58* PM GrindPutter: Odyssey White Steel #5Ball: Callaway HX-Tour2, 3,...

My girl also uses two gloves....but she's an amateur...I thought you were inquiring about pros...lol...she finds it causes blisters when she doesn't. I said whatever makes her happy while playing, doesn't bother me one bit

when i was a little kid, i used to play hockey and baseball. so i would grip the heck out of the clubs, which would cause blisters. i thought wearing 2 gloves would help, but never tried it. if you understand the correct grip, you'll not just shoot better but also no or less blisters. just remember firm grip strong enough not to let it fly out of your hands. think like your holding a bird,hamster or even a snake. you don't wanna squeeze it at any point in your swing. strong enough to hang on to but don't wanna put too much pressure. i noticed i would grip it hard right before impact and that would make my ball hook or slice, distance wasn't that bad but totally OB.

to gotgolf in my opinion i don't think they do it for fashion. they do it to make sure they won't get sunburn, i guess. maybe thinkin that its more protection. but from my understanding, its like condoms. 1 works fine, 2 its gonna mess it all up. but this rule doesn't apply to the women.... (IMO i think its hard enough to ask some ladies to go play golf, cause most would rather go shopping)

In my bag:
Driver: R9 TP Rombax Stiff
3 Wood: R9 TP 85g Stiff
3 hybrid: X
4-SW: X-20 Uniflex

SteelLW: Forged Chrome

Putter: White Hot XG #1

to gotgolf

By fashion in this sense, I meant keeping both their hands the same tone of pale. I haven't encountered many Korean people on U.S soil courses, but here golf is a total snob fest. Kinda takes a little bit of getting used to...

Note: This thread is 6102 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!