IGNORED

Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here!

iacas
Note: This thread is 3251 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anybody else have a phone that disconnects you when the WiFi is slightly worse than the LTE signal? First of all my phone sometimes doesn't even connect stating that the internet connection is not "good enough". If it suddenly decides the quality is not as good as the carrier data it cuts off the wifi. The only way I can fix this is to put it into flight mode and enable WiFi. My phone carrier said it's the new software in the phone. Anyone else have a snobbish phone that rejects underpriveledged wifi access points?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Good luck!

http://www.kbzk.com/news/no-4-townsend-rolls-past-no-8-forsyth-41-15-in-opening-round/

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellysell View Post

http://www.kbzk.com/news/no-4-townsend-rolls-past-no-8-forsyth-41-15-in-opening-round/

Hopefully you are with Townsend. ;-) If so: :beer: If not: :beer: anyway. ;-)

Haha, yep. I coach Townsend. :beer:

~Justin

~Justin

Good luck, and have fun.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

On week 4 of my wife coughing her guts out. Antibiotics and steroids not helping. Thinking its asthmatic bronchitis.

Did you get flu vaccinations? Once she gets over this bout, get one. I heard they are really bad this year. I would recommend the quad. One of my coworkers took off a week with a flu, and he's never gotten sick before in his life.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Did you get flu vaccinations? Once she gets over this bout, get one. I heard they are really bad this year. I would recommend the quad. One of my coworkers took off a week with a flu, and he's never gotten sick before in his life.

Also, ask your Doctor about whopping cough. I get my annual shots for flu and whopping cough, it helps a bunch.

http://m.helenair.com/sports/high-school/football/townsend-moves-to-semifinals-with-rout-of-baker/article_a4a2609e-a216-5bc3-9e68-91469df516b1.html?mobile_touch=true

~Justin

http://m.helenair.com/sports/high-school/football/townsend-moves-to-semifinals-with-rout-of-baker/article_a4a2609e-a216-5bc3-9e68-91469df516b1.html?mobile_touch=true

Congrats!!! :beer:

Sounds like you're on a roll. Good luck in the semis.

[quote name="Hammer 4" url="/t/72760/social-thread-chat-about-non-golf-here/570#post_1073184"] Also, ask your Doctor about whopping cough. I get my annual shots for flu and whopping cough, it helps a bunch. [/quote] If it is, and we're pretty sure it is asthmatic bronchitis, it's a permanent deal. She hasn't been running a fever or feeling bad otherwise.

- Shane

If it is, and we're pretty sure it is asthmatic bronchitis, it's a permanent deal. She hasn't been running a fever or feeling bad otherwise.

Sorry, I just assumed it was triggered by flu, but I can see there are virtually hundreds of potential triggers. Hope she gets better soon.

"Bronchial asthma triggers may include:

• Smoking and secondhand smoke
  • Infections such as colds, flu, or pneumonia
  • Allergens such as food, pollen, mold, dust mites, and pet dander
  • Exercise
  • Air pollution and toxins
  • Weather, especially extreme changes in temperature
  • Drugs (such as aspirin, NSAIDs, and beta-blockers)
  • Food additives (such as MSG)
  • Emotional stress and anxiety
  • Singing, laughing, or crying
  • Perfumes and fragrances
  • Acid reflux"

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

On week 4 of my wife coughing her guts out. Antibiotics and steroids not helping. Thinking its asthmatic bronchitis.

I've had Bronchitis before. I wouldn't even wish to every have asthma thrown in on top of it. Hope she gets better soon!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Sorry, I just assumed it was triggered by flu, but I can see there are virtually hundreds of potential triggers. Hope she gets better soon.

I've had Bronchitis before. I wouldn't even wish to every have asthma thrown in on top of it. Hope she gets better soon!

Thanks guys. It's hard seeing someone you love struggle and not be able to do anything to help.

- Shane

Since this is the 'social thread' this might apply.

I have a best bud whose wife is a facebook junkie.  We met said couple and several other friends and acquaintances for dinner this past Saturday night.  The 'facebooking' begins with a picture of her first glass of wine, then a facebook post about the brand and how good it is.  It goes from there to butting other people out of the way to get pics of people arriving to the event and posts that to facebook.  During dinner she likes to walk around a snap pics of other plates on the table and post what Steve or Sue are eating. The several 'group shots,' ("Hey everybody ... SMILE!) taken are posted to her facebook page.

She literally spends 3/4 of the time we're together with her phone and facebook postings. Her husband, (my best friend) sits at the other end of the table most times we're out with a group and ignores her behavior.  When the wife and I go to dinner with just them, she's a little better but still the same drill. The wait staff always has to take a group pic of the 4 of us so she can 'share.'

AFTER dinner, she wants everybody to listen to who has responded as she runs down the facebook post responses from so and so.

So after dinner, we ran across the street to a club where a band was playing.  This is a place where the average age of the crowd is pushing 50 or so.  Great classic rock band, (I know the guys) that focuses on playing 60s and 70s music.  A large group of 20-somethings were front and center at the club when we arrived.  Good kids, all having a good time, dancing to 60s music and being model citizens.  I actually met and talked with a couple of them while they stood at the bar ordering more Bud Light beers.

The irony?  NONE of the 20-somethings were standing around playing with their phones, taking pictures, posting to facebook or anything else to do with technology.  They were just there having fun and enjoying the company of their large group of friends.

Why would a 53-year-old woman be so freaking OBSESSED with an iPhone and facebook ... other than because she CAN?

I hate social media.  It is the bane of society as we approach 2015.

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Note: This thread is 3251 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!