IGNORED

Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here!

iacas
Note: This thread is 3251 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

@saevel25 The last time I drove down Smithville, it was a big hole. Have they finished the roadwork yet?

Nope, linden to Cleveland will be finished in the spring. Then Cleveland to Wayne will start next spring. Then in a few years the state is going to redo the Smithfield over 35 bridge.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Semi-finals in t-minus 4 hours. Headed out to pre-game breakfast with my son shortly. Go Bulldogs!

We won 46-14. Onto the state championship this Friday!

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

One more win and the Canton Central Catholic Crusaders make it to the quarter finals for the Division 5 state championships in Ohio.

Last time they won a State Championship was when I was in High School beating Van Wert, back in 2000.  If they make it, I might take the day off and drive to Columbus to watch them play.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

One more win and the Canton Central Catholic Crusaders make it to the quarter finals for the Division 5 state championships in Ohio. Last time they won a State Championship was when I was in High School beating Van Wert, back in 2000.  If they make it, I might take the day off and drive to Columbus to watch them play.  [SIZE=13px] [/SIZE]

Nice, is division 5 big or small in Ohio?

~Justin

Nice, is division 5 big or small in Ohio?

Ohio has 7 divisions

Division 5 in Fall Sports, the school's enrollment is 156 to 212 students (by gender for the sport). They had 189 male students in 2013.

When I was in school we were division III. Not sure the enrollment size requirement were back then. I am sure that changed over time. I know my senior class was one of the more larger class sized with near 200 students I believe.

In 2004, their enrollment was around 610 students. In 2012 it was down to 415 students. In 2013 they had about 350 students. They have been losing about 50 students per year.

The divisions are made up to be nearly equal number of teams in each division, except for division 1 schools.

I would say that Canton Central Catholic is an average division 7 football size school. So they would be the 40-45th percentile in school enrollment, so just bellow the state average for enrollment size.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

So Division 1 is the biggest?

~Justin

So Division 1 is the biggest?

Each division has about 102-105 schools competing. Usually divided up into 4 districts.

Division 1, which has the largest size schools, only has 70-75 schools.

Get to my car today after work and the low pressure gauge is on. Sometimes my tires lose pressure when it gets very cold out. So I started driving and I hear this rhythmic clanking noise near the front passenger tire. After a bit I hear a clank and it goes away. I thought it might have been some ice that got trapped between the tire and the wheel well.

So I get to the gas station and my back passenger tire is nearly on the rims. My front passenger tire is getting there. So I spend about 3 dollars getting all my tires up to code. When I get back to my apartment I check the tires again. The front passenger tire is leaking air. You can hear a lovely hissing noise. The back tire does't have a noise, but still could be a slow leak.

Something must have gotten stuck in the tire, something pretty big to be clanking around when I was driving. The thing is, I didn't hear a thing when I drove into work. I am wondering if their was something I drove over as I was parking.

So tomorrow I am probably going to have to put on the spare tire, and drive to the auto shop to get it fixed or replaced. Good news, my car is scheduled for its 72000 mile maintenance. Kill two birds with one flat tire.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

So I had to replace two tires today. Looks like I ran over something while parking yesterday. My passenger side tires were near the curb. The front passenger tire would deflate in less than 10 minutes. Just fits the timeline.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

I hope you spent more on the new tires than you should have. Maybe michelins?

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

I hope you spent more on the new tires than you should have. Maybe michelins?

Umm.. I spent what I wanted to spend. There was no overpaying or spending more than I wanted to.

Seriously, what does that even mean?

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Tires are such a commodity that a few bucks makes a world of difference in durability or rolling resistance or traction. The better makes have more puncture resistance for example, and seem like so much less trouble as a result. Its one of those purchases people dont want to make, so they hold their nose and buy the least expensive tires and end up back in the tire shop later, usually with a similiar problem because they drive the way they want to and wont change. My favorite car problem purchase is windshields. The people tailgate, break windows and cant figure out why. I'm not calling you a bad driver, but if you have good tires it would make up for some hassles like looking to see what you are running over.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

Tires are such a commodity that a few bucks makes a world of difference in durability or rolling resistance or traction. The better makes have more puncture resistance for example, and seem like so much less trouble as a result. Its one of those purchases people dont want to make, so they hold their nose and buy the least expensive tires and end up back in the tire shop later, usually with a similiar problem because they drive the way they want to and wont change. My favorite car problem purchase is windshields. The people tailgate, break windows and cant figure out why. I'm not calling you a bad driver, but if you have good tires it would make up for some hassles like looking to see what you are running over.

Your statement makes more sense now. Yea, I don't tend to skip on tires by buying generic brands.

I don't think the puncture resistance would have helped me on this one :whistle:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Your statement makes more sense now. Yea, I don't tend to skip on tires by buying generic brands.

I don't think the puncture resistance would have helped me on this one

From the sounds you were describing I picture a bolt or something stuck in your tire. I've had that before, except it didn't come out I could just hear it and feel it as I drove. No idea where a 1/2 inch bolt would have come from to find it's way into my tire but there it was.... No fixing a hole that large in a tire.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

From the sounds you were describing I picture a bolt or something stuck in your tire. I've had that before, except it didn't come out I could just hear it and feel it as I drove. No idea where a 1/2 inch bolt would have come from to find it's way into my tire but there it was.... No fixing a hole that large in a tire.

When I filled that tire up to the recommended pressure you could hear the air coming out of the tire. I drove that car back to my apartment, with in 10 minutes the tire pressure gauge was back on. That tire lost about 10-15 psi in 10 minutes. The back tire had a small leak in it. The puncture was right near the sidewall and couldn't be patched up. That one was a slow leak. I filled that back up and the back tire held most of the pressure overnight.

Which actually makes me think I hit something before when I thought. That back tire was nearly on the rims when I drove it to the gas station, but still had a good amount of pressure left nearly 18 hours later. I still think I ran over something next to the curb I parked. Maybe it punctured a hole in my back tire and got stuck in my front tire.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator

Which actually makes me think I hit something before when I thought. That back tire was nearly on the rims when I drove it to the gas station, but still had a good amount of pressure left nearly 18 hours later. I still think I ran over something next to the curb I parked. Maybe it punctured a hole in my back tire and got stuck in my front tire.

Damn those street and traffic engineers in Dayton! I blame them! The stupid bums!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Damn those street and traffic engineers in Dayton! I blame them! The stupid bums!

I blame street maintenance, they can't keep the streets clean. :whistle:

I guess that is the quality of work you get from a union position (couldn't help myself) :whistle:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Earlier this year my car was parked outside the office and the tire blew out.... After being parked for a few hours the tire just blew out where the tread and the sidewall meet. Apparently it was from hitting a pothole sometime which weakened it. I've heard of a tire blowing out when you hit a pot hole but never days later while parked. It was on the far side of the building so I didn't hear it but it scared the crap out of everyone on that side.

$300+ later the tire was replaced....

So yeah, those damn streets man. Too bad I don't live in Dayton, can't blame it on them.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Note: This thread is 3251 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!