IGNORED

2014 NCAA Football

saevel25
Note: This thread is 3394 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

DOWN GOES LSU!!!

A mighty SEC team gets beat by Notre Dame. LOVE IT! The same SEC team that took Alabama to OT just got beat by an ND team that go destroyed by Arizona State, lost to Northwestern in OT, and got dismantled by a middle of the road Pac-12 team in USC.

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

They discovered Giants in Ohio. You guys should go give their descendants some scholarships. I know you might blow off the idea but I have included proof for your reference. 1800 Ohio, Conneaut: Among the normal size skeletons found in the remains of mounds were found gigantic bones. Some of the skulls and jaws were large enough to fit over the head and face of a normal man. 1825 Ohio Valley: David Cusick, a Tuscorora by birth, wrote that among the legends of the ancient people of the stock, there was a powerful tribe called Ronnongwetowanca. They were giants, and had a “considerable habitation.” When the Great Spirit made the people, some of them became giants. After a time, and having endured the outrages of these giants, it is said that the people banded together, and through the final force of about 800 warriors, successfully annihilated the abhorrent Ronnongwetowanca. After that, it was said that there were no giants anywhere. This was supposed to have happened around 2,500 winters before Columbus discovered America, around 1000 BC. 1829 Ohio, Chesterville: In digging away a mound where a hotel was to be built, a large human skeleton was found, but no measurements were made. It is related that the jawbone was found to fit easily over that of a citizen of the village. The local physicians examined the cranium and found it proportionately large, with more teeth than the white race of today. The skeleton was taken to Mansfield, and has been lost sight of entirely. 58 Ohio, Vermillion Township: Skeletons of a race of beings much larger than the local inhabitants were discovered. 1870 Ohio: In Brush Creek Township a large mound contained skeltal remains of several humans up to nine feet tall. A large stone tablet with unknown insriptions similiar to Greek writing was also found. 1872 Ohio, Seneca Township: When the “Bates” mound was opened the remains of three skeletons, whose size would indicate they measured in life, at least, eight feet in height, were found. A remarkable feature of these remains was they had double teeth in front as well as in back of mouth and in both upper and lower jaws. 1873 Ohio, Seville: An Ohio Bicentennial Commission historical marker serves as a reminder that the Giants of Seville, Captain Martin Van Buren Bates and his wife, Anna Swan Bates, lived in the village of Seville in Medina County. Anna stood 7 feet 11 1/2 inches tall and weighed 413 pounds. Martin was 7 feet 9 inches tall and weighed 480 pounds. I know you Ohio State fans think Meyer is a good recruiter, but it appears to me that he is not familiar with the area and is leaving your team short, so to speak.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

Kirk Herbstreit got shipped off to California or somewhere for a make-up bowl. ESPN doenst want an Ohio Homer crying during the game so he gets another venue I guess. Gary Danielson, who is the tech with colorman Verne Lundquist on a lot of college games, says he can see Oregon, whom he favors to win overall, FSU, or Bama contending, but does not believe Ohio State is prepared for what is about to hit them under the direction of St Nick and "The Genius Lane Kiffin", a title my wife bestowed upon Lane and is to be used in my house from now on.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

They discovered Giants in Ohio. You guys should go give their descendants some scholarships. I know you might blow off the idea but I have included proof for your reference. 1800 Ohio, Conneaut: Among the normal size skeletons found in the remains of mounds were found gigantic bones. Some of the skulls and jaws were large enough to fit over the head and face of a normal man. 1825 Ohio Valley: David Cusick, a Tuscorora by birth, wrote that among the legends of the ancient people of the stock, there was a powerful tribe called Ronnongwetowanca. They were giants, and had a “considerable habitation.” When the Great Spirit made the people, some of them became giants. After a time, and having endured the outrages of these giants, it is said that the people banded together, and through the final force of about 800 warriors, successfully annihilated the abhorrent Ronnongwetowanca. After that, it was said that there were no giants anywhere. This was supposed to have happened around 2,500 winters before Columbus discovered America, around 1000 BC. 1829 Ohio, Chesterville: In digging away a mound where a hotel was to be built, a large human skeleton was found, but no measurements were made. It is related that the jawbone was found to fit easily over that of a citizen of the village. The local physicians examined the cranium and found it proportionately large, with more teeth than the white race of today. The skeleton was taken to Mansfield, and has been lost sight of entirely. 58 Ohio, Vermillion Township: Skeletons of a race of beings much larger than the local inhabitants were discovered. 1870 Ohio: In Brush Creek Township a large mound contained skeltal remains of several humans up to nine feet tall. A large stone tablet with unknown insriptions similiar to Greek writing was also found. 1872 Ohio, Seneca Township: When the “Bates” mound was opened the remains of three skeletons, whose size would indicate they measured in life, at least, eight feet in height, were found. A remarkable feature of these remains was they had double teeth in front as well as in back of mouth and in both upper and lower jaws. 1873 Ohio, Seville: An Ohio Bicentennial Commission historical marker serves as a reminder that the Giants of Seville, Captain Martin Van Buren Bates and his wife, Anna Swan Bates, lived in the village of Seville in Medina County. Anna stood 7 feet 11 1/2 inches tall and weighed 413 pounds. Martin was 7 feet 9 inches tall and weighed 480 pounds. I know you Ohio State fans think Meyer is a good recruiter, but it appears to me that he is not familiar with the area and is leaving your team short, so to speak.

Wtf? Is this a joke? I've never heard stories of giants found in North America.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

• Administrator
Its absolutely true.

Or not: http://www.snopes.com/photos/odd/giantman.asp.

Let's stick to the topic, please.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I thought the topic was football and brought my post firmly back with the last paragraph. Perhaps you didnt read it all.

Tom R.

• Administrator

I thought the topic was football and brought my post firmly back with the last paragraph. Perhaps you didnt read it all.

Agree to disagree.

:offtopic:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Then I am off topic. @Gunther there are no such things as giants, but I would not deny the existence of Santa Claus to anyone who wanted to believe either. Even if iacas beat me with a putter. @saevel25 that was for your entertainment.

Tom R.

[LEFT][/LEFT][quote name="trickyputt" url="/t/72907/2014-ncaa-football/774#post_1089626"]Then I am off topic. @Gunther there are no such things as giants, but I would not deny the existence of Santa Claus to anyone who wanted to believe either. Even if iacas beat me with a putter. @saevel25 that was for your entertainment.[/quote] Hardly entertaining, try harder next time. If all you got is vague referencing that is pretty much incoherent then it really just falls flat. That all just pretty much fell on its face.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Well Gunther is sad even if you missed it. Ok, how about Terry Bowden? He is another former SEC coach that ended up going to Ohio after sleeping with his secretary and failing to continue to improve the Auburn Tigers after being handed a marvelous team that went 11 and 0 while under NCAA sanctions. I think its fabulous that he coaches the Zips. I believe they are out of Akron? What is up with Ohio retaining former SEC guys? It doesnt look good come Jan 1.

Tom R.

Well Gunther is sad even if you missed it. Ok, how about Terry Bowden? He is another former SEC coach that ended up going to Ohio after sleeping with his secretary and failing to continue to improve the Auburn Tigers after being handed a marvelous team that went 11 and 0 while under NCAA sanctions. I think its fabulous that he coaches the Zips. I believe they are out of Akron? What is up with Ohio retaining former SEC guys? It doesnt look good come Jan 1.

How is being from Ohio bad? "Recently the nickname has been applied to the entire state by reporters with no understanding of its history and tradition.[2] Native-born Ohio or Ohio-linked coaches dominate the top football programs in the Southeastern Conference, including national championship coaches Les Miles at LSU; Cincinnati alum Urban Meyer, formerly at Florida and currently at Ohio State; and Kent State alum Nick Saban at Alabama.[2] National championship coach Bob Stoops from Oklahoma is a native, former USC head coach Pete Carroll was an Ohio State assistant, and Youngstown State alum Mark Mangino would be named the 2007 National Coach of the Year as the head coach of Kansas before returning to YSU as an assistant in 2013.[2] Bo Pelini of Nebraska and Gary Pinkel of Missouri are also native Ohioans, and in 2008 the state had produced natives totalling 15% of the college head football coach ranks while only having 4% of the population, while 15 of the last 20 teams to play for the college football national championship had head coaches with Ohio connections.[2]" Even you beloved Nick Saban has ties to Ohio State being their DB's coach in the early 80's.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Well Gunther is sad even if you missed it.

Sad and a little dumb/gullible it seems, although I didn't quite believe that giants once roamed the earth. Go TCU!

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Well Ohio must be a real pillar of the sport with all that cumulative coaching experience. Still, I am glad Buster Brown is at Akron coaching the Zips and not here. I think with as many connections as you present the fabric of people supporting Ohio State will create quite a lot of electricity. Perhaps they will put their collective minds together and help the Ohio State coach figure out how to stop the leading pass catcher at Bama? I dont mean Cooper either. OJ Howard has a two year avg reception yards of close to 18 yds per reception. 6' 6" 240ish lbs of tight end. I think he is averaging almost 17 yards per catch this year.

Tom R.

Honestly I never put much into week by week comparisons. Emotions, gameplan, match ups, it all varies. Heck I remember when UCLA had no right in beating USC about 6 years ago. Help send OSU to the NC game against LSU. Does that discredit how good that USC team was or that USC is worse than everyone UCLA beat that year, no. It just meant on that night UCLA got the better of them that night. Doesn't mean UCLA was actually a better team that year overall.

Said in response to a comment about OSU losing to Va Tech (a team that ended the regular season at 6-6)

DOWN GOES LSU!!!

A mighty SEC team gets beat by Notre Dame. LOVE IT! The same SEC team that took Alabama to OT just got beat by an ND team that go destroyed by Arizona State, lost to Northwestern in OT, and got dismantled by a middle of the road Pac-12 team in USC.

Different tune today...

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

[QUOTE name="saevel25" url="/t/72907/2014-ncaa-football/90#post_1054697"] Honestly I never put much into week by week comparisons. Emotions, gameplan, match ups, it all varies. Heck I remember when UCLA had no right in beating USC about 6 years ago. Help send OSU to the NC game against LSU. Does that discredit how good that USC team was or that USC is worse than everyone UCLA beat that year, no. It just meant on that night UCLA got the better of them that night. Doesn't mean UCLA was actually a better team that year overall.[/QUOTE] Said in response to a comment about OSU losing to Va Tech (a team that ended the regular season at 6-6) [QUOTE name="saevel25" url="/t/72907/2014-ncaa-football/774#post_1089565"]   DOWN GOES LSU!!!  A mighty SEC team gets beat by Notre Dame. LOVE IT! The same SEC team that took Alabama to OT just got beat by an ND team that go destroyed by Arizona State, lost to Northwestern in OT, and got dismantled by a middle of the road Pac-12 team in USC.  [/QUOTE] Different tune today...

I concur Doctor. I have tried emotional therapathy without much response...a real closeted case. I suspect he has a attic full of Ohio State foam fingers.

Tom R.

Said in response to a comment about OSU losing to Va Tech (a team that ended the regular season at 6-6)

Different tune today...

Of course not, but it doesn't stop me from shoving it in the face of the SEC fans a bit. I think the common logic by a lot of SEC fans is that any mid tier SEC team would dominate another conference. I don't mind playing the hypocrite card if I get to rub it in a bit top 25 ranked SEC team loses to an 5 loss ND team.

I just say that stuff in the most sincere jesting fashion.

I concur Doctor. I have tried emotional therapathy without much response...a real closeted case. I suspect he has a attic full of Ohio State foam fingers.

I do not own one Ohio State foam finger. I do own an Ohio State light up Traffic Signal :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

I have been watching LSU float lower and lower on the competitive rankings and I think Les Miles is a great fellow that really cares how his group is doing, in the same kinda way Mark Riecht does. I have to come down on the side of how they win collegiately with character in a positive way vs the idea of winning professionally or for money when that question comes up. It is amazing when coaches can help produce winners off the field and on, but I am not going to ever want to toss a coach strictly based on championship thinking. As a fan, I think the big money pressures college ball into ultimately poor ways.

Tom R.

Note: This thread is 3394 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!