IGNORED

Grips

Note: This thread is 2980 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm assuming he means the grip.  When I was taking mine off last time I had a couple of moments where I almost did that.  They recommend between 60 and 120 psi.  Pretty sure I just did mine at 90.  Just remember:  short bursts.  Especially when it starts to stick! :) [URL=http://www.puregrips.com/blog/view/video_tutorial_on_pure_grips_tapeless_golf_grips_installation/]http://www.puregrips.com/blog/view/video_tutorial_on_pure_grips_tapeless_golf_grips_installation/[/URL]

Yes, I blew up the grip. Actually, I'm a slow learner and blew up two of them. The first one was a thin grip that made a bubble the size of a baseball. I had to pop that one. The next one was a thick grip and it just went "bang". I think my compressor was set at 150 PSI. I'd like to save the grips I have. I want to extend the shafts a bit. I'll try a lower PSI on some of my old clubs. BTW, rain gloves are excellent. I play in the rain often since it rains in Florida almost everyday afternoon in the summer. The last two outings it rained.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I'd resurrect this thread instead of starting a new one.

In 2014, I put a set of Pure grips on an my previous iron set. I loved them. They were easy to instal and they're still very tacky.

I'm getting ready to replace grips on my current set and I'm going with the Pures. My question is, has anyone used the Pure Wraps? If so, what was your opinion of them?

Jon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 2/4/2016 at 4:47 PM, RM77 said:

I really like Iomic grips 

I've had Iomic grips for 7 or 8 years, and I really like them.  This year in Phoenix I had a Pure DTX put on my driver, and Its every bit as "grippy" as the Iomic I had before.  I'll see how it wears, but after 25 or 30 rounds, its still really nice.  A big advantage for the Pure grips is the cost, $9 for the Pure DTX compared to over $15 for the Iomics I've seen.  I haven't used the wrap grips, but the rubber compound Pure uses seems pretty good to me.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• 4 weeks later...

I decided to try out the Pure wraps on my current set of Mizunos. I even bought blue just because the price was the same - kind of uncharacteristic to give a #$%& about color, but I thought "why not?".

My first impression is that they may not be quite at good as the "pro" style of Pures I had put on my old set of Adams A4's in 2014. But I still like them a lot. I won't be able to say for sure until I play a few rounds with them.

I was able to salvage the Mizuno grips and since they're not in too bad of condition, I've cleaned them up will put them on my set of Hogan radials. I already started with the 3 and 4 irons, hit a bunch of balls last night with those old clubs and it was quite an improvement.

As for my old set of A4's with the Pure grips, I've had two heads break off from that set in the last 6 months. One broke at the shaft, the other at the hosel (the black plastic). The club faces are worn so I've decided to retire the set. I removed those grips and put them on an old set my son purchased second-hand when he took up the game.

I now have 3 sets of clubs with decent grips. Each set is from a different era, but all are now much easier to hit.

Jon

Note: This thread is 2980 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!