IGNORED

putter analysis and testing

Note: This thread is 3684 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

I think he wants a lab to test a model of putter, not a golfer hitting putts.

But I don't know that for sure…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

may i ask why? Is it to check if your current putter is faulty or to see which putter is from these tests "best" etc?

Henry

It's for a concept I am developing. I built a prototype, did my own testing, filed the patent work and have preliminary USGA approval. I need independent 3rd party testing to validate my testing and design to see if I can take this concept to market.

• Administrator

It's for a concept I am developing. I built a prototype, did my own testing, filed the patent work and have preliminary USGA approval. I need independent 3rd party testing to validate my testing and design to see if I can take this concept to market.

Good luck.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Sounds pretty cool, any chance of a photo?

Henry

So the screws can be undone to fit different faces? Interesting idea, i could see it working but currently looks like your product is still very much a prototype. Do you think people would switch faces depending on conditions?

Henry

Yes, this is a fabbed prototype. The CNC program is currently being quoted. It will be a finished product in a couple weeks. You could change for different play conditions, but it is geared Moe towards the level of golfer. A novice golfer can use a softer material that is more forgiving (about 15% with some materials) when the ball is hit in error. A majority of missed putts is from the face angle being off. Usually, a recreational golfer is somewhere between 2-5 degrees off. The softer material mitigates against that error. In a straight line putt, over 6', this prototype is up to 15% closer to centerline than a conventional putter. This was done on a pendulum fixture. A more experienced golfer can give up the additional forgiveness for more feel in a harder material.

Did you do any market research into this design before creating the prototype? It is a little different but there is similar putters out there that allow you to change out the insert in the putter. I think the brand is STX putters.

As to the original post I don't know any independent testers but good luck.

Kurt

You can also try Golf Laboratories in California

http://www.golflabs.com

They have been around for a while. Most of what they have done is club and ball testing, but I am willing to bet they have a set up for putters as well.

Did you do any market research into this design before creating the prototype? It is a little different but there is similar putters out there that allow you to change out the insert in the putter. I think the brand is STX putters.

As to the original post I don't know any independent testers but good luck.

Callaway had one too, the Flip Face.  I'm guessing it didn't sell well since they discontinued it.  In the Callaway putter you chose between two different faces by rotating the head 180*.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 3684 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!