Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spam

Would you suggest the Cleveland 588 MT to a 16 handicapper?

4 posts in this topic

So I just bought the ckevlands after having the Adams ideas s speed iron set. I'm hoping I'm not biting to much off going to these clubs. I was not able to hit the mt irons bot hit the tt set at the store. I liked the look the feel and sound but they were hard to hit. The pro sad the mt set is much easier. As we all know there is some sales in this game lmao. Any feed back would be great.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

The 2013 Cleveland irons had the 588 CB, along with a mix-and-match family including the Altitude, MT (Mid-Trajectory) and TT (Tour Trajectory) models.

All models in this trio have the same shaft lengths and lofts for their irons and wedges. Altitude with a hollow, hybrid-type head, is the SGI model. The MT is the GI model. Both took silver medal in their respective class for the 2013 GD Hot List. (I was unable to find the TT slot in last year's List). All have a 39.75" 3i - old "standard" was 39" - and have a D3 swingweight in numbered steel-shafted irons despite having lighter shafts.

I tried the TT at a February Expo, and I hit it fairly well. It has the Cleveland/True Temper TRAction shaft in it, only 85 gr. in both R and S. The R.shaft felt a little light and soft. It got the ball up, however; a 4 iron felt like a 7 iron.

If you liked the TT but struggled a bit, you should be able to handle the MT. You didn't say what type of shaft you got with it -  hope it's not too light for you.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks wu I got the stiff shaft. I was hitting a regular in the tt. That was along the same thing I felt with the regular shaft. The problem I ran into is they are clearing them out at my local shops. But I have a set that will be here soon in the mt. I hit the tt ok and the altitudes are just way to clunky.

I have the TT and love them. Also have the Altitude 4i and quickly got over the look after seeing the results. So forgiving and just pummels the ball. I hit it more consistent and further than my Cobra 4h, which is saying something because the shaft is shorter. Oh yeah I bought the Altitude D wedge too almost impossible to chunk it chipping. Those are meant to mix and match so don't be afraid to mix it up.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
    • I'll answer your question with another question: If you drop the 3H, what would you hit for a 215 yard shot, or even a 210 or 205 yard shot? Are you comfortable gripping down on your 4-wood to cut distance off of it by that much? I personally don't see much issue with keeping the 3H in the bag since it isn't actually hurting anything. You say the other alternative is to drop the 4-wood, but why do you feel that you must drop anything at all? It's okay to have a 10 yard gap. If it really concerns you, though, I would think that the best way to go would be to swap from a 4-wood to a 3-wood. This would increase the gap between your 3H and the next longer club without affecting the gap between the 3 and 4 hybrid, which seems to be a number you like better for a gap. I'm just a little confused why you'd drop down to 13 clubs if the hybrid isn't costing you strokes. I know I find hybrids easier to hit than a wood that I'm trying to hit shorter than usual. I absolutely hate to hit a 3/4 3-wood to cover the cap between a full 3-wood and my 3-iron, but the number for a 3/4 3-wood is such a rare distance that I'd much rather have consistent gaps up through a 3-iron than a big jump from a 4i to a 3H. In my case a 3H would hurt my game, but it doesn't seem like yours is doing you any harm and could be protecting you from an awkward 4 wood shot.
    • This might not be the most helpful for balls and gloves (though I do see golf ball deals pop up at least once a week), but golfwrx's classified section is a great place to get deals on a lot of stuff. I got my AD-DI shaft there for $130, along with my KBS shafts from 3-LW for another $150 for the set. The AD-DI was used for a week (didn't have a mark) and the KBS shafts clearly only ever had a grip installed on the 7-iron. Good deals there, at least from what I've found, but mostly on clubs and shafts (though they do have golf balls in their classifieds every so often).  The nice part about that is they also have a WTB forum, where you post what you want and people come to you. That's actually what I did for the iron shafts. I posted about what I wanted and I had about 7 responses to choose from within 24 hours, so it's pretty active. For golf balls other than ProV1's that would be your best bet for finding them.
    • Are you sure?  I can barely see you!
    • Hi guys, I know how this is going to sound (Oh no, Shane's asking another set make-up/gap analysis question. Ahhhhhhh! Let's run and hide!) But it's a very valid question... I hit my 3 hybrid pretty well, (I finally stopped pulling it) but I believe it's too close in distance to my 4-wood (225 vs 215). My 4-hybrid is around 200 ish... ( I have a little gap down to the 5-iron... frankly because I just don't hit it much) would I be safe to drop the 3-hybrid?  I thought of carrying both a 5h and a 5i to fix the "gapping issue" but I usually just grip down on the 4h when I'm between the two... I understand it drops me to 13 clubs; but the other alternative is to drop the 4- wood but that creates too much of a gap.
    • Things I do when the pace is slow: Take more time on my shot Engage in casual conversation Look around for lost balls Doodle around, looking nonchalant Stare at the front group, trying to use force to move them along
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

• Blog Entries