IGNORED

Too late to become a pro?

Note: This thread is 3681 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

He broke 100 the first time he played and broke 70 in his first nine months of playing!

Christ....that's like some Amadeus Mozart sh*t.

My very first shot on a golf course was a 130 yard par 3 that I hit around 5 feet from the pin. My in laws thought I was crazy talented until I walked up to that ball and two putted...it's been all down hill from there :cry:

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

You're 20 so I assume you either have a job or go to college, right? When would you carve out the amount of time to practice and play enough to drop 12-15 strokes from your current game? Unless you are independently wealthy or currently on a college golf team, that is.

Questions to answer:

How much time do you currently devote to the game?

What does the pro at your course think of your chances? Have you ever talked with him, or showed him your talent level?

How well do you do in the tournaments you play in?

Do you currently play with top-level amateur players and/or pros so you know what is expected?

Can you be a pro golfer? Sure, all you have to do is say you're a pro.

But can you be a touring pro golfer who plays week-in and week-out for millions of dollars on TV? Get back to us in a year, and you'll probably have your answer.

Thanks for all the answers! It means a lot :) At the moment I'm at a college, where I'm allowed to join the collegeteam after this summer (thats when the startup time for the team)

I think I've the possibilty to drop a lot in hcp if I can get a metter level on my 100 yards shots. Thats the biggest problem I got at this point. From tee and around/on the green it's OK so far.

What do you guys think I should aim for this year? (In hcp) I'm currently at 10-11.

Thanks for all the answers! It means a lot :) At the moment I'm at a college, where I'm allowed to join the collegeteam after this summer (thats when the startup time for the team)

I think I've the possibilty to drop a lot in hcp if I can get a metter level on my 100 yards shots. Thats the biggest problem I got at this point. From tee and around/on the green it's OK so far.

What do you guys think I should aim for this year? (In hcp) I'm currently at 10-11.

If you're really serious about this then dropping to at least 4 would be essential

Note: This thread is 3681 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!