IGNORED

Are golfers too obsessed with getting fit?

amac
Note: This thread is 3682 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I must say in my opinion and from my experience that professional fitting is not at all overrated as long as you do not get pressured into an undue sales pitch. As in my particular case, fitting obviously doesn't have to imply a change from status quo. I highly recommend validation in comparison to other equipment that is out there in the least. I think for every golfer who finds that a change is not necessary, there is one who does, wether it be the extra distance or better dispersion or a particular ball flight. To each their own. I think just learning the the dynamics of spin/aoa/launch and the effect on ball flight through a launch monitor alone is worth the $40.

Vishal S.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That is correct.  It was the latest Ping i series irons.  One thing I took away from that is/was the lighter shaft and higher launch.  Since then, I've read articles on various "lite" series shafts that would cut my weight down up to 10g!  And they are designed for higher launch.  As I mentioned, it's just an itch.  If lighter and higher equals longer, then I may make the switch.

Or it's just good to know when it's time to get a new set of irons. Btw I don't think you would see a big difference in just changing to a lighter shaft, the different head designs also made it launch higher.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Or it's just good to know when it's time to get a new set of irons. Btw I don't think you would see a big difference in just changing to a lighter shaft, the different head designs also made it launch higher.

LOL. The irons I have are new!  I bought these last summer and absolutely love them.  No way am I buying new irons.  If shafts would make a difference, I would consider spending the money to change.  But, I think you're right.  In the end, validation that what I have is what I need is what I'm after.  Until then, I will continue my lessons and learn to swing faster! ;-)

Driver :tmade: R1

Fairwaywood :tmade: Rocketballz Stage 2 15*

Hybrids :ping: i15 20* and 23* Hybrids

Irons :mizuno: MP64 4 - PW

Wedges :edel: 54* and 58* 

Putter :edel: 

Golf Ball :titleist: Pro V1 

I think it's important only if you are sincere about getting the right clubs for your game. The problem I see with higher handicap golfers isn't using the wrong shafts or clubs too long or short. It's the guy playing bogey golf with better players clubs. That golfer could benefit from someone being honest with them by recommending and proving to them on a monitor the benefit of using something more suitable. I have no idea how most golfers come to the decisions they do but I assume popularity and marketing plays a big part. I see folks at the range that are terrible golfers with tour pro gear every time I am there. I suppose what I am trying to say is the obsession seems to be in the image they are attempting to project not making sound decisions.

Dave :-)

Note: This thread is 3682 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!