IGNORED

Should you take golf lessons? Mark Crossfield says "Maybe not.."

Spyder
Note: This thread is 3644 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm calling bogus on that one. Sorry. Only an instructor who didn't know what he was doing could ruin Bubba, and the only instructors who would not consider taking him on are the ones who are too busy and/or who are not confident in their skill set.

If Bubba took a lesson, it's the same as any other student: find his priority piece, and make it better.

FWIW, I'd teach Jim Furyk or Bubba Watson. The same day, too, why not? :)

You might, but I've heard Haney say he wouldn't.   In looking at video it doesn't appear Bubba even maintains a steady head through his swing, so he's missing the first key :-D

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
You might, but I've heard Haney say he wouldn't.   In looking at video it doesn't appear Bubba even maintains a steady head through his swing, so he's missing the first key

Yes he does. Let's stick to the topic though. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Of course no one needs lessons.  In fact in my short time playing it seems like the most valuable thing you can have on a course is something an instructor can't teach you anyway... the experience of hitting a ball off every possible lie.

Anyway, I still haven't hired an instructor and I'm pretty happy with how my progress is coming along.  Maybe if I get stuck I'll reconsider but for now my only real regret is not starting the game earlier so I didn't miss out on so much game time.

Imho a good pro will spot your many flaws in 5 swings. Probably fewer. Hell, I can spot out flaws in 5 swings. What I'm paying him the big bucks for is picking out the flaw that's doing the most damage and prescribing a fix - I'm rubbish at doing that. I'm paying him for his previous experience prescribing fixes and seeing what worked and didn't for hundreds if not thousands of swings before mine.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Note: This thread is 3644 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!