IGNORED

New to the Club

DudeWheresMyPar
Note: This thread is 3644 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey Folks. I just wanted to stop in say Hello.I'm a young guy who's been "golfing" (hitting golf balls) for some time. Just recently I have decided  that I want to get more serious about improving my game. Luckily I have a friend who is at least better enough than me to teach me some of the less-basic basics (<-makes sense?) and make things both interesting a challenging for the time being. I have several standing offers from some of the more experienced golfers around my job to golf with them at the courses where they are members (some are very nice) , and I insist on being at least mildy impressive when I decide to take them up on said offers.

Today was a big day for me as I bought my first complete set of wedges. I found a very decent set of used Mizuno MP-32's and I knew what they were as soon as I saw them. Picked 'em up for a steal at the local driving range with 3 free buckets of balls in which to get acquainted with them. I have to say that it is a night and day difference compared to the hand-me-down Nomads that I was hitting. It is like I didn't know what I was missing until I found it.

I look forward to going where the game takes me.

• Administrator

Funny username. :) Welcome to TST!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome aboard Dude. Good luck on your quest for improvement, there's some great info on this site.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome Dude! :beer:

:titleist:  913D2 10.5*  913F 15* 18*  913H  21*  24*  27*    :tmade: Burner Superfast 7i  8i  9i   :vokey: Vokey SM4  48*  52*  56*  60*    :cameron:  Newport 2 Notchback (Black)      :srixon:  Z Star XV (Yellow)    :ecco:  Biom Hybrid

welcome!  I just gotta ask.  what were you using before the mp-32's ..   I have a set of 32's and I love them..  however, I just switched back to my taylormade burner 2.0's because I was just losing way too much distance with the 32's.  I hope someday I'll upgrade in a few years to the more modern mp clubs by mizuno.  The 32's are a beautiful club and they feel great.. I just like the extra distance with the irons.

My previous irons were a mixed set of "vintage" Nomads, and Wilsons. They were a barn find (when I was younger) from an old family farm, dusty vinyl/leather bag and all. Just a set of solid-back blades, nothing fancy. But they were fine for swinging around the property and the few times I went to a course at least I had some clubs.

My driver is a Nike Sasquatch Sumo9.5 460cc job that sounds like an aluminum bat hitting steel ball-bearings everytime I drive, but man when I get a good hit It's outstanding. My other driver is a Pro-select PSX 330cc. Its much less glamourous than the Nike but I still use it from time to time when Im feeling uneasy about the Squatch. The squatch can really reach out there, but miss-hits are gut-wrenching crescent moon shaped shots to the right(for me anyway). Although I have really been working on my swing lately so its getting better.

*I have a playing partner that is trying to talk me into selling him my Sqautch and then buy myself a 10.5degree Rocketballz driver. It's a crowdpleaser.

Note: This thread is 3644 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!