IGNORED

Name Your Team USA Ryder Cup Squad

SteveBamford
Note: This thread is 3543 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I agree - Phil is in 100% either on points or as a pick.  I don't expect him to play that well in the Ryder Cup just based on his form this year.  I am hopeful, always hopeful, but doubtful.

I predict Tiger will take himself out of the running for the Ryder Cup team before Watson has to pick.  I say this as a Tiger fan . .but he will not play well this week and probably shouldn't even be there.  I would be happy if I was wrong . .

You never know, though . .golf is golf and all these guys are good.  Maybe the underdog thing will work for us.

Whether Dufner makes it on points is big because I think Phil, Keegan and Zach are automatic captain's picks IF they don't make it on points. Dufner is likely not to be picked because of his injury. So how Duf finishes in the standings is important.

How about a long-bomber from Kentucky... John Bradley Holmes. I would like to see him, rather than Duff-daddy...

I'm down. Will miss the Duffmeister tho.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

How about a long-bomber from Kentucky...

John Bradley Holmes.

I would like to see him, rather than Duff-daddy...

Too bad the Ryder Cup's being played in Wales, not Kentucky, or else I'd give him some consideration. Outside of one win the last couple years, Holmes has not exactly given him much of a reason to be picked.

Too bad the Ryder Cup's being played in Wales, not Kentucky, or else I'd give him some consideration. Outside of one win the last couple years, Holmes has not exactly given him much of a reason to be picked.

He played back at Valhalla back in 2008. He did win in Charlotte, but quiet since.

Riley

J.B did undergo some surgeries as of late I think

Arm surgery and ankle injury. The latter kept him out of 2013 for good part. It was a broken ankle from rollerblading accident.

2014 was his first proper season after having recuperated from his injuries.

Too bad the Ryder Cup's being played in Wales, not Kentucky, or else I'd give him some consideration.

Wales? Gleneagles?

Try Scotland

The Gleneagles Centenary Course is actually Scotland's longest inland track (generally considered the weakest of the Gleneagles trio though). Last time we were there (about 3 weeks ago) the rough looked to have been deliberately grown on it, as long as we'd seen it, but that was before Dustin Johnson had an incident with a jet ski, and for such time as Luke Donald was still on the European team. I reckon McGinlay might be asking them to take the scissors out before long. The course closes for preparation on the 15th, and we aren't due back there between now and then, so couldn't tell you what its like now

If j.b. holmes or some other less known american is on a hot golfing streak, maybe that can influence captain's pick. Ryan palmer and j.b holmes are both doing pretty well at the moment in valhallagolf course

Sky showed a Tom interview from earlier in the week whilst doing some fill and whereas I couldn't quote it verbatim it went something like

"I want people with strong character. Not necessarily the best golfer, but the toughest guys who'll make the 5 footers when they're needed"

Did a bit of research on t'internet an d sure enough it's the same words that he's given in previous interviews "character" keeps coming out, as does the need to "silence the crowd" and "empty the stands".

On completion of this interview, Colin Montgomerie seized on the character thing, and the making of pressure putts, and suggested that it might even be a description of Tiger woods. Asked if he'd pick Woods though, Monty hesitated marginally, and then said "No". Asked why? He simply said "not playing anywhere near well enough"

"I want people with strong character. Not necessarily the best golfer, but the toughest guys who'll make the 5 footers when they're needed"

Well that rules out anybody he could pick from the pga tour.

Ok - here are my 2 revised picks . .assuming Phil makes it on points.

1.  Kenny Perry

2.  Stacey Lewis

LOL

I'm getting more and more taken by the idea someone suggested (forget who) that he ought to have a Dick Cheney moment!!!

So much so I actually went and checked his foursomes record out 4 wins, 1 halve, 1 loss

He knows Gleneagles better than any of his own team

He's the one player who can neutralise the entire gallery

but I thought to myself, he isn't really long enough but that might not be a problem in foursomes though, so long as he's paired with one.

It kind of dawned on me. Do we know of a long hitter, with a cerebral cortex made of orange peel, who could do with a guiding hand on how to conduct himself, and whom having Tom alongside him might act as a deflector shield for what easily could be coming his way?

Ok - here are my 2 revised picks . .assuming Phil makes it on points.

1.  Kenny Perry

2.  Stacey Lewis

Actually what about Jeff?

Remember the PGA hitting machine that gave Rory a run for his money? I reckon he spoke with an American accent. Perhaps it's worth checking out his availability. He has many attributes I reckon. He doesn't snort jet skis, he doesn't shag team mates wives, he won't get injured, and he won't get himself wound up over a long drive competitions and then declare a minor war on the media, he can hold his nerve under pressure, and he sounds like a good team man who bring a bit of light relief to proceedings. At the very least he'd neutralise Martin Kaymer

Actually what about Jeff? Remember the PGA hitting machine that gave Rory a run for his money? I reckon he spoke with an American accent. Perhaps it's worth checking out his availability. He has many attributes I reckon. He doesn't snort jet skis, he doesn't shag team mates wives, he won't get injured, and he won't get himself wound up over a long drive competitions and then declare a minor war on the media, he can hold his nerve under pressure, and he sounds like a good team man who bring a bit of light relief to proceedings. At the very least he'd neutralise Martin Kaymer

Unfortunately he is a Canadian citizen.

Riley

Note: This thread is 3543 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!