IGNORED

Caught the golf bug bad....

roninracing
Note: This thread is 3627 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello all. Been lurking about a month and seeing as I'm in one of golf's sacred grounds (Augusta, GA)for business; I decided to finally make an account. I just have to say thank you and how amazing the wealth of information is that is contained in this site. My background is a has been retired...for now...motorcycle road racer. I have been to the driving range a total of 5 times including today and have played one round this past Friday. I was a ski instructor (separate upper and lower body) and a varsity college soccer player (understand how striking the ball in different ways affects flight). After hitting numerous irons and drivers a drug dealer...ahem...friend who is the resident golf nut suggested some rbz but I hit x-hots better. I read posts that praised the Callaway x-14 irons over and over so picked up a full set 3-sw with graphite shafts for $75. Looking forward to learning more and one day contributing my experiences here. Thanks to all. PS - Seems I'm a bit of a happy Gilmore...per my profile pic :)

Welcome to the site :beer:

Would love to hear the stories from your first round! I hope you had a lot of fun and hit a few good shots, enough to keep you coming back for more at least. Maybe consider posting the tale of your round in the thread:

A lot of members post their scores and a short description of their round in there. Hope you stick around :-)

• Upvote 1

Henry

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome to the madness! :-D
  • Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I too started late in life - never had any interest, which changed first time I set foot on a course in a company outing.      I've been lucky to have played over a hundred rounds (mostly 9 holes) a year for the last 3 years (and hold down a full time job).     It's the most addicting endeavor I've ever been involved with ... soon you'll have the Golf Channel on every night, dreaming if you need a 4 iron or 4 hybrid, etc.     Word to the wise - stay away from eBay - it's a golfophiles crack

• Upvote 1

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Thanks for the warm welcome. I hit at Rolling Hills driving range right next to my hotel outside Augusta, GA. It was my first time using an automatic tee system so I was really topping my first shots with the driver. I messed around with the height and as usual was swinging too hard trying to crush it and only hitting 200. I calmed down, relaxed, concentrated on making clean contact and the balls started going straight and long. No Idea of distance because I always lose the ball on a good strike but it felt great. Hit the other club I brought 7 iron, and pretty much the same...relax and let em fly. Pretty good day at the range. I'll post my first round report in what'd you shoot thread. Sorry to say I didn't keep score but was out driving/chipping my buddies until the alcohol kicked in around 17 :) Gonna take a perspective pic of my shot of the day to post. I honestly thought "no friggin way" until a buddy bet me a cold beer. Will post up once I play the course again. Thanks again and may your shots always find the green. Mark

Lol...watching golf channel now after another quick bucket of balls at the range by the hotel. Its too late for me...save yourself!

Tune in at 7 PM & look for the infamous Holly Sonders ... it should be a crime for a girl that looks that good in heels and in golf shorts to have a golf swing that good

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Welcome ... I am a late bloomer as well ... and who needs a blue pill with Holly on the TV!

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Note: This thread is 3627 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!