IGNORED

Clubs you bought on the spot

LSeca
Note: This thread is 6087 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I bought my Mizuno MP30s on the spot. It was a demo day at my club. Mizuno, Nike, Cleveland, Callaway, Cobra and Taylor Made had people there with every club imaginable in each line.

I just went over to try some clubs, both irons and drivers. I hit the Mizunos, loved them. A tech guy was there, fit me and gave me my specs. I ordered them and they built them in a mobile tech van while I was there. They went in my bag that day!

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

A tech guy was there, fit me and gave me my specs. I ordered them and they built them in a mobile tech van while I was there. They went in my bag that day!

That is great! Reminds me of a tour van at the PGA events. How could you not be completely stoked every time you went to hit a shot with those irons? That is a great story, good work and I hope you love the clubs.

"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

I bought my launcher 13 degree fairway wood without hitting it and I was only in the golf shop to restock on tees and balls. It is now my favorite club and led to me buying my launcher 17 degree fairway and launcher 400 driver 2nd hand which I am also happy with. I also bought a Vokey SM.60.04 2nd hand off ebay (obviously without having hit it) but I read a lot of reviews and tried some friends clubs and eventually found the loft/bounce config that I wanted.

I would always prefer to hit the clubs first but if you are in the 2nd hand market like me you often don't have the chance.

23Rounder

Tour Burner 9.5 / RE*AX 60g Stiff
Launcher 13 & 17 Fairway / Fujikura Gold Stiff
MT Pro-C 3-W / DG S300 MP 52.07 Vokey SM58.12 Tracy II, 34" Putter Z-URS or NXT Tour

Bought cg10's without hitting and just bought ping i10's without even seeing one in person. I can't wait for them to come in.

How did you get fit for i10's when they aren't even available yet.

In the bag:
Driver-Cleveland HiBore XLS Tour 10.5s
Hybrids-Adams Pro Gold
Irons-Srixon I-701Tour PX6.0
Wedges-Srixon WG 50*/56*Putter-Rife BarbadosBalls-Bridgestone B330S

I'd never tried all my clubs before I bought them, except putter. Here are 2 interesting stories I've had buying some clubs.

I saw this local ad and I decided to call this guy who's selling a set of used Mizuno MP-60 irons for a tempting price. I really liked the model and I didn't actually wanted to buy, but I would if the price is right. So, I tried to bargain a bit on the phone and he agreed then we made an arrangement to meet up at this local range. When he showed the irons set, I inspected them then I immediately told him, "Okay I'll take it!" without even trying them first. They're in very excellent shape for a forged iron set (those who knows know that forged irons sets are made by softer materials therefore used sets tend to have dings here and there). This was like 95% new and with price of used sets ($400). The funny thing is I haven't used them at all since I bought them a few months ago.

Another story is my Vokey SM Lob Wedge, which I bought at this new local store 3 weeks ago. I decided to get the one with 4deg bounce, but the fitter insisted I should get the 8deg bounce without even knowing my swing yet. After a few minutes of debate, he asked me to try the 8deg on the lie board with impact tape on the sole of the wedge. Then after a couple of swings, he showed me where the impact is on the tape and consistently it's on the center of the sole. But I denied it and I said I still wanted the lowest bounce. Another few minutes of debate then he gave me the 4 deg of bounce to try. Now the tape shows that the impact is at the sole of the leading edge. He then explained the meaning of the impact position. I was like, "Ohhh...I see.." And I ended up with the 8 degree, which also haven't been used yet since.

What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

I bought my Scoty Cameron Studio 1.5 with out even try it. I love so much the look of it and I read so many good reviews that I decide to buy it, and I love it.

My 5 wood R7 St I bought also with out trying it. I found it so cheap and new that I couldnt resit, and man I love it so much I can hit it 240-250 easy dead straight.

What is in my Ping bag:
Driver: R7 425 9.5*Fujikura Vistapro 70 stff
3Wood: An old 15* Graphite Stiff.
5Wood: R7 ST 18* Mid point RE-AX 70 Stff
7Wood: Tight lies 21* Graphite StffIrons: An old set of EYE2+ 4-PW Steel StiffWedge: vokey SM 54*10 and 60*08Putter: Studio Style Newport 1.5Balls...

2 years ago while waiting for FT3 to be released lefthandedsaw a guy hitting a 9.5 tour model at golf dimensions in Myrtle.I asked to try it and when he handed it to me I ran to register and bought it.My wife had tears in her eyes she laughed so hard.The poor guy is probably still there waitng for me to bring it back.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

2 years ago while waiting for FT3 to be released lefthandedsaw a guy hitting a 9.5 tour model at golf dimensions in Myrtle.I asked to try it and when he handed it to me I ran to register and bought it.My wife had tears in her eyes she laughed so hard.The poor guy is probably still there waitng for me to bring it back.

LMAO! Poor guy!

What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

After forgetting my first 60° wedge greenside I bought my Callaway forged 60° on the spot.

In My Bag:
Driver: R7 Limited Matrix Ozik X-con Stiff
3 Wood: 909F3 Aldila Voodoo Stiff
Irons: AP1 3-PW DG S200
Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 54° NickelWedge: Forged 60°Putter: Rossa Balls: Pro V1XAvatar: Nicklaus North Golf Course, Whistler BC

How did you get fit for i10's when they aren't even available yet.

He didn't say he got fit, he said he's ordered/bought them.

Anyway, I bought my F-Speed driver on the spot, and I hit that really nice, and I didn't try it once, lucky but it's good.
In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

Note: This thread is 6087 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!