Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
calcnation

Steep approach angle - what clubs?

6 posts in this topic

So my swing is steep, take big divots especially with wedges.  Other than changing the angle of attack, is there anything I can do or should get with my equipment to help this?

Thanks.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

So my swing is steep, take big divots especially with wedges.  Other than changing the angle of attack, is there anything I can do or should get with my equipment to help this?

Thanks.

Change your attack angle. I don't think equipment will help you here.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am a weekend golfer with a 2.1 so no interest in swing change.  I was thinking maybe something with my wedges so they dont dig as much.  Maybe more bounce, etc.

You might benefit from a flatter lie angle.  Players commonly spec the wedges flatter to prevent digging, as it helps to keep the heel out of the turf.  It can also encourage you stand a little further from the ball which will flatten your swing plane.

Thanks.

As @cipher said, don't be afraid to use a generous amount of bounce. Only so much you can do with equipment.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades