IGNORED

My Swing (Terminalpunk)

terminalpunk
Note: This thread is 3348 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 11 months My current handicap index or average score is: 28 My typical ball flight is: A slight draw The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Over draws with mid irons and I'm always pushing it with the wedges. The driver is a nasty demon and I can miss either way. Massive hooks and pushes but can just as easily slice it. Videos: [VIDEO]http://youtu.be/rQivILYM8Pg[/VIDEO] [VIDEO]http://youtu.be/dNGkN8Eio-U[/VIDEO] Hey all I've been a silent follower of this great forum since I started. I'd love to get involved and so am taking the first steps and posting my swing. I barely break a 100 at the moment with 92 being my best score. I'm struggling for a consistent shot and can pepper in either direction. My short game has helped a lot due to constant practice to bring me into the 90s but I struggle off the tee and even with a solid shot from 90 yards out. I really struggle to commit to a miss and so always just aim dead center of the green for the best chance. Please be a a brutal as possible. I'm addicted and love the game and only want to improve. I'll be adding a Face On view as soon as possible. :~( P.S If it helps any I am a right handed that plays left handed. It just feels more natural for me to lead with my right arm.

Thank you mvmac,

I had actually forgotten this feeling. I used to think about hitting down and getting forward but haven't much lately as I have been working on the ball release.

I have just updated a side on view now as well from the same day. Might have a bit of a flip going on as well?

I have just updated a side on view now as well from the same day. Might have a bit of a flip going on as well?

Yes and the weight forward feel will lessen the flip. Also turn both feet out at address, will allow the right knee to flex down and forward longer into the downswing.

BTW you have a nice motion and some good structure, I see you've only been playing for 11 months so stick with it and I think you'll see steady improvement.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Also turn both feet out at address, will allow the right knee to flex down and forward longer into the downswing.

OMG a lightbulb just came on when I tried that in slow motion in the kitchen! I'm playing tomorrow so am going to concentrate on the flayed feet at address and getting forward. Will let you know how I get on. Hopefully get a few vids as well if it's not too busy.

Thank you so much for your time, diagrams and explanations!

Holla all

So I I've practicing the getting down on the ball and keep the feet flared at address. I'm fully aware that this is going to take some time to get drilled into my swing.

Played the other day at the course and been out hitting some birder balls ( no dollar or wheels for range love ) tonight to get the feeling going.

First of all I really struggle to keep probably more than 2 swings in my mind so at the moment it's my usual 1 piece take back keeping the wrists as neutral as possible and when I start the swing just trying to go forward and down at impact.

From what I can feel I am throwing the club out in front of me, my shot shape on the course went more from a draw and over draw to a fade or push fade. Which was fine as it was more predictable. Also I am definitely struggling at the impact zone, both arms slightly bent and still fighting a flip.

I feel I have regressed a bit but I am happy with this knowing that building a swing takes time and patience. I have attached some latest vids to see if any of you lovely folk can point a hacker in the right direction :

P.S Put your sun glasses on for the white chicken legs....those bad boys are glaring!

Hey there.

Maybe take a look at this thread.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/56069/good-golf-posture

It appears there is a bit of an s-curve in your lower back.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Hello, I would take a look at your posture.. You don't want to feel that arch in your lower back.. Also, it looks like you take the club back flat a petty far way before you start going up.. Feel as though you are turning more with your shoulders an your arms are going up instead of around your body.. I'll be able to point out more once I'm on a computer though.. Look up the posture thread though it is very helpful I promise and it will save your back according to the pros on this site!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Quote:

It appears there is a bit of an s-curve in your lower back.

Hey @14ledo81

Thanks for the response. Yeah I'm definitely aware my back is not right. Trying to put more pressure on my gluts to get a straighter back. Hoping the rest of my setup is on the right track.

I think I struggle a little bit with ball and hand position, hands forward, straight above...suppose it depends on the type of shot you trying to hit?

Think of sucking your stomach in and tucking you butt under your hip.. Basically the exact opposite of what your doing, that should help.. It'll feel strange, but stick with it!

Eyad

• 2 weeks later...

Holla All,

Back with some updates on the schwing! A big thank you to @ Abu3baid for the feeling on getting rid of that S curve in my back. I've called it the 'Suck n' Tuck' and it certainly is helping out!

Gotten into the address habit of keeping the legs flared but I think I am still struggling a bit with getting all the way down on the ball. A new swing thought I have been using is to imagine impacting the ball with the back of my hand while it is bowed if that makes sense. It is certainly helping with contact with my woods. Never hit them so well. Definitely feeling I'm not coming over the top as much as the last vids but I dunno what you guys think? Thanks all for the taking the time to read.

• 3 weeks later...

So I managed to get some game and praccy time in the last two weeks. Specifically working on my posture at address with most of my swing thought being getting forward and down with the irons. I'm trying to only go forward with my driver and not down. I still feel a little flippy but way less so than before and it feels like with my driver that my torso is hanging back a little which I'm not sure is right?

I can't tell you how much this has helped my ball striking with my irons, even my driver. I visually can see a slightly lower ball flight but I'm definitely able to hit the ball a little further most notably with sand wedge. Instead of flying that thing up into the air it goes about 80 yards now and I'm finally taking divots after the ball consistently. A big thank you to @mvmac

I broke the 90's for the first time ever this weekend with a 86 on Saturday and a 89 on Sunday. Saturday I finished off with a birdie on 18 as well! Dam those beers tasted good after! I'm certainly aware I was striking well and this might not be the case but it's so good to finally see some of the practice I've been putting in show up on the score card! Here are the lates vids. Sorry I don't have any face on view I'll try and get some this week.

I've been playing to a draw with the pull over draw being my miss. It has taken out the left hand side of the course for me and made missing much more manageable. I going to try and move the ball further back in stance to stop pulling it, is that correct?

Many thanks again to all those who have taken their time to view, comment and help on my journey to better golf.

That is looking really good! Posture looking much better.. Congrats on breaking 90 that's great!

Eyad

• Administrator

I've been playing to a draw with the pull over draw being my miss. It has taken out the left hand side of the course for me and made missing much more manageable. I going to try and move the ball further back in stance to stop pulling it, is that correct?

Don't do that. Just set the face a bit more open at setup. Moving the ball back tends to cause too many other problems.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3348 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!