IGNORED

anyone play x-20 tour callaways

Note: This thread is 6102 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

hit some today and really liked them. Wanted to see if anyone here plays them before i make the committment.

What's in the bag:

Driver: Adams 9064LS (project RIP Shaft) 9.5 degree
3 Wood: Titleist 909R 14.5 degree
Hybrid 3-iron: 19 degree Tour Professional (bent to 18 degrees)Hybrid 4-iron: 21 degree Tour ProfessionalIrons: Tour X-20 5-PW Project X 6.0 shaftsGap Wedge: Mizuno MP10 52.08 Sand Wedge: Mizuno MP10 58.10 Lob Wedge: Nike 62.06

Hi. I have hit the 6 iron. It has a really flat flight, low workability and mid forgivness. The only problem is, (as with all callaway irons) i couldn't take a divot and they weren't good out of rough.
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

I dont own them but have played with them when i demoed them. Looking to upgrade and i played a few with them.

Not much different to my X-18's really. Hit them straight, ball flight was more penertrating i would say, not reaching as high as my X-18. But, i was playing with Stiff shafts in the X-20's and Reg in my X-18's (Main reason for looking to upgrade is low to no offset and stiff shafts are needed)

I liked them, although i have decided to purchase the Mizuno MP-60's as the feel is awersome and they look super at address :)
Superquad 9.5 Stiff
G5 3 Wood Stiff
MP-57 3-PW
R-Series 56 Wedge
52 & 60 WedgesWH #5

I got mine a little less then 2 months ago. I bought them as a set of irons to grow into. So far I love them. I get much more feedback then I did from my G2s on miss hits and I love the Rifle shafts. Looking at your handicap, they might not be enough club for you though.
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree , is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents"

-Nathaniel Bornenstein

thanks for the reponses guys.

My natural ball flight is a high draw. Have a one-plane swing and play the ball a bit more forward in my stance than most. One of the things I am looking for is a club that can give me a lower more pentrating ball flight without losing the workability.

If not the X-20 tour, any recommendations?

What's in the bag:

Hybrid 3-iron: 19 degree Tour Professional (bent to 18 degrees)Hybrid 4-iron: 21 degree Tour ProfessionalIrons: Tour X-20 5-PW Project X 6.0 shaftsGap Wedge: Mizuno MP10 52.08 Sand Wedge: Mizuno MP10 58.10 Lob Wedge: Nike 62.06

I would think most people would suggest a forged club at your level. My advice would be go to a good golf store and hit everything. Make an afternoon out of it.

I am not saying that they aren't great clubs. Maybe they would be what you are looking for. Although I see most people of your ability with even more of a players club.
"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree , is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents"

-Nathaniel Bornenstein

I would think most people would suggest a forged club at your level. My advice would be go to a good golf store and hit everything. Make an afternoon out of it.

thanks. I probably don't strike the ball like a three handicap, but my short game is probably a bit sub-three. I have tried some forged clubs and the Titliest 775 are the only ones I can hit consistantly and they have the same problems of my existing titliest with the ball flight.

What's in the bag:

As you can see in my sig I use the X-20s for my long irons. I think they are great. I really don't think there is anything to when people say you can't work these clubs. They feel great when I hit them truly solid. And still go pretty good when I don't.

Another set you may want to look into would be Ping S58s or S59s. I absolutely love those things. But, I'm on contract with Callaway, so I won't be using them anytime soon.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

As mentioned your Handicap might be a little low for these clubs, but you asked the question so I will answer. I bought the X20 Tours to grow into, but they have improved my game 8 strokes so far this season. I have a naturally high ball flight and this club and shaft setup allows me to really launch it high on the 8-PW. The Rifle shafts ( i use a 5.5) are awesome, no matter what club I chose I would get them. As far as workability... I have never hit a consistant draw (I am a left to right hitter), I can with these clubs. I have been working very hard on my game, but the X20 Tours have helped me along no doubt.

Just my 2 coppers

I have been hitting the X-20 Tours for the past few weeks and agree with everything Double Bogey said. I am hitting the ball much more solid and have the ability to work right to left, something I haven't been able to do in the past.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 6102 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!