• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
golfNoob13

Different brands

10 posts in this topic

I have a taylormade 2011 rescue club 3 hybrid and I'm looking to get another hybrid. My question is is it ok to buy a hybrid that is a different brand?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I do Cleveland and Cobra. I have three sets of clubs and sometimes I mix them up. Depends what I'm hitting good.

Yeah but would you have different brand hybrids?

If it fits a gap, play what you want. Obviously having the same brand will have the hybrids feeling the same. I play a different brand driver, from my fairway wood, from my hybrid, from my irons, from my wedges. It doesn't bother me much at all.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I suggest hitting the Callaway X2 Hot hybrids. I didn't like any hybrids I hit until I got a hold of these. But to answer your question I would if I hit them good. I do like the thought of having 2 of the same only because they would have matching shafts but I don't honestly know how much that matters. I also like that they would look the same at address but again that's more me being weird.

I suggest hitting the Callaway X2 Hot hybrids. I didn't like any hybrids I hit until I got a hold of these. But to answer your question I would if I hit them good. I do like the thought of having 2 of the same only because they would have matching shafts but I don't honestly know how much that matters. I also like that they would look the same at address but again that's more me being weird.

I prefer the Pro versions of those hybrids. A bit smaller, but just feels like a great club. Though my favorite still has to be the Titleist Hybrids. Those I could game all the time. The SLDR hybrids are a bit too bulky for me.

I prefer the Pro versions of those hybrids. A bit smaller, but just feels like a great club. Though my favorite still has to be the Titleist Hybrids. Those I could game all the time. The SLDR hybrids are a bit too bulky for me.

I didn't feel comfortable with the titleist I really liked the way it looked but I think it's above my skill level. I have a pro version of the x hot 3 wood that I cant hit at all if you want it ;-). When I got mine I hit about every hybrid golfsmith had and it was between the x2 hot and the Nike Corvet.

This is kinda random too but I have an rbz stage 2 17 degree 3 wood. I can't see to hit it at all. Mostly I hit it fat or thin

... Obviously having the same brand will have the hybrids feeling the same. ...

If the different model hybrids will deliver you different shot benefit, then go for it.

But, if you get a matching second hybrid, the set-up and feel will be the same. This takes needless variation out of your game.