IGNORED

Edel Fitting

Note: This thread is 2818 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So after all the positive feedback in the past few years along with my dedication to the short game this year, I would like to get fitted for some wedges and a putter from Edel.  The only issue I think I have is there is only one Edel fitter close to me in St Louis and it is at a big box store (golf galaxy).  My iron fitting at Golfsmith went pretty well but I think there are way more Mizuno iron fitters than Edel fitters that know what they are doing.

My question is has anyone gotten fit at a big box store and is it going to be the same experience and quality?  I cannot speak on anything as my only fitting was the iron fitting a few weeks ago.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Before I did my Edel fitting, I called the fitter and asked if he would describe to me what a fitting would entail. Based on what i had learned in other threads on TST, the fitter sounded like he was very thorough. I went with him and am very happy that I did. So, I suggest you call the fitter, ask him about the process, and make your decision from there.

It sounds like a case by case situation. I hope the fitter here is of good quality as I really would like to get a good set of wedges soon

Before I did my Edel fitting, I called the fitter and asked if he would describe to me what a fitting would entail. Based on what i had learned in other threads on TST, the fitter sounded like he was very thorough. I went with him and am very happy that I did. So, I suggest you call the fitter, ask him about the process, and make your decision from there.

This sounds like as good an idea as there is.

Colin P.

I think my biggest worry is my inconsistencies with my pitching (I am still learning the quickie pitching) and am now thinking maybe I should wait a season

• Administrator
I think my biggest worry is my inconsistencies with my pitching (I am still learning the quickie pitching) and am now thinking maybe I should wait a season

That's not a bad idea (for the wedges).

I'd look into the putter sooner, though, if that was part of your plans.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

If I were to do a fitting while in Erie in August, how long does it typically take to get whatever club I get?

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

If I were to do a fitting while in Erie in August, how long does it typically take to get whatever club I get?

The turn around on my putter was three weeks. I think the wedges come quicker.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

The turn around on my putter was three weeks. I think the wedges come quicker.

My Putter began production on April 11th, it was delivered to my apartment on April 23rd, so 12 days.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

That's not a bad idea (for the wedges).

I'd look into the putter sooner, though, if that was part of your plans.

It is definitely part of the plan.  I think my Cleveland wedges will get me another year for sure though.

The only drawback to the putter is they are like 450 bucks and after I just got new irons, its going to break the bank a bit.  I did try one at the store and man they are nice.  I got some information from the guy who does the fittings and they seem like they know what they are doing and are passionate about the Edel lines telling me kinda what they do without getting into the major fitting spiel.

Eventually I would like my wedges and putter to be Edel.  Maybe I should get a lottery ticket...

• Administrator

When you get closer to doing it, let us know. I specifically will have some advice for fitting indoors (for a putter, it's mostly to make sure you're away from any walls or structures that provide lines or shapes, as they can alter your perception of "straight" - just try to be in a somewhat open area, like a green on a golf course… :D).

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

When you get closer to doing it, let us know. I specifically will have some advice for fitting indoors (for a putter, it's mostly to make sure you're away from any walls or structures that provide lines or shapes, as they can alter your perception of "straight" - just try to be in a somewhat open area, like a green on a golf course… :D).

They do it inside in this area with 3 distinct putting speeds.  There are slow, medium and fast surfaces but it is indoor.  I dont know if I could convince them to meet me on the range or course haha

• Administrator

They do it inside in this area with 3 distinct putting speeds.  There are slow, medium and fast surfaces but it is indoor.  I dont know if I could convince them to meet me on the range or course haha

If the area is big enough and doesn't have patterns (on the floor or nearby walls), lines (nearby walls, furniture, shadows, etc.) then you'll be okay. If it's inside and near a bunch of stuff, I'd be cautious.

If the area is big enough and doesn't have patterns (on the floor or nearby walls), lines (nearby walls, furniture, shadows, etc.) then you'll be okay. If it's inside and near a bunch of stuff, I'd be cautious.

It is a typical golf galaxy mega store.  It has the putters on wooden displays all around the 3 greens.  It is one of the nicest golf stores I have ever been in.  There are 3 trailers inside for specific vendors to use.

It is large and has an actual fringe part but it is inside and surrounded by a bunch of stuff but the greens actually are the shape of a green, not just squares with the wood putter shelves surrounding them.  This is what it looks like

• 1 month later...

Just got my putter today.  I am really happy with the overall process and I was able to get it in about 7 days.  I have not had a chance to use it and will not for a few days so its going to sit in my closet and I am going to think about it until Sunday

Man I hope it doesn't rain.

Review to follow soon

• 1 year later...
(edited)

I pulled the trigger on 2 wedges with perhaps a 3rd to follow.  Right now I am just using a Gap wedge from my set so I chose 55 and 60 when I used to use a 48, 54 and 60.  My PW is 45 and GW is 50 from the set so we will see how these go but to my surprise, I was hitting the Edel wedges further than the same degree loft from my set.  With the 50 Edel going further than the 50 GW JPX 825, I figured I would just start with 2.  I may replace the 50s soon but I figured I would post the first shot of these guys right out of the box.  I wish I could get to the course or at least practice today

For some reason, I cannot upload it as it is bigger than 5MB but my picture is not showing that in properties.  I will have to upload to dropbox once I get home 

Edited by Brian W

Note: This thread is 2818 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!