IGNORED

Long Hitter - Tony Finau

RightEdge
Note: This thread is 3546 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Holy crap!  I just heard of this young guy over the weekend and watched the Web.com 3rd and final round.  This guy was CRUSHING drives 370! He was hitting 350 without a hard swing. He was also hitting GIR and making good putts but his issue it seems was a bad shot here and there and getting into trouble. A little more work and this guy may make the pga tour.  With his distance he is hitting mid irons into par 5s.   Don't know how well he will do on the PGA but he will be a fun one to watch like Bubba Watson. I think this guy outdrives Bubba but may not have the control over his driver that Bubba does.  He does seem to hit a lot of smashed drives that stay in the fairway though so I would have to look up his stats to see how accurate he is compared to Bubba.

Does anybody know if this kid is consistent in competition or not?  I just heard of him but was pretty impressed with what I saw.

I don't see much of the Web.com tour, so I haven't heard of him, but sounds like he'll be fun to watch!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He's 6'4" tall, taller people tend to hit it longer

He averages 305 yards on his driver.

His longest drive is 369 yards.

He seems to be in that mold of a taller golfer who can hit it a long way.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I seem to remember that name from The Big Break a few seasons ago...

He had a younger brother on the show too.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

He's 6'4" tall, taller people tend to hit it longer

He averages 305 yards on his driver.

His longest drive is 369 yards.

He seems to be in that mold of a taller golfer who can hit it a long way.

He had 2 drives that were 370 today I heard the announcers say but let's see what they put down in his stats for the round.

Yup, the guy has all the physical ability in the world.  If he can put it together, he could be quite good.  He's had some nice finishes on the Web.com Tour so far and I think he's in the Top 25, so we could be seeing him on the PGA Tour next year.

Note: This thread is 3546 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!