IGNORED

Does Your Responsibility to "Protect The Field" Extend Beyond Your Group?

Golfingdad
Note: This thread is 3572 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

In any Rules situation, before I referred anything to the "Committee" I would want to speak with the player(s) involved.  As such, my role of "field protector" is pretty much limited to the group in which I am playing.  Occasionally we will be on a tee at the same time as another group or pass a group on an adjacent fairway where I might witness a potential breach of the Rules and have the ability to discuss it.  Still, I tend to ignore what is going on around me.  I know for a fact that the Rules knowledge of my fellow competitors is very low but I try not to think about it too much or I get irritated.

Brian Kuehn

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just wanted to point out that I was only asking the question to find out what I was required to do or what I should do, not what I could do.  I'm not looking to try and call people out, but just trying to learn what I'm responsible for.

Drew,

You drink a lot of beer in your posts.

I agree that without seeing the shot, I wouldn't feel proper alerting the committee.  Fellow competitors in his group should be the ones to make sure he is following the rules.  From the picture Erik posted, it is entirely possible that he could have hit the bank short and left of the green and had it roll in.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Drew,

You drink a lot of beer in your posts.

It's really the only place I do a lot of drinking.  In real life I'm a Diet Pepsi addict. :beer: (Those mugs have soda in them, honest) :-P

Note: This thread is 3572 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!