IGNORED

What time do you prefer to tee off and why?

Guest ShadowXOR
Note: This thread is 5767 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What time do you prefer to tee off?

• Early morning.
    • Late morning.
    • Noon.
    • Afternoon.
    • Twilight.

5 30 or 6
I love to be out in the morning dew, fog and mist

In my Warbird Bag,
I have
Burner Driver 460cc 9.5* Stiff
Three and Five Woods
Precise- 21* and 24* hybridsCCi Cast Irons-4-AW 52* and 56*/14 Vokey 60*/8and i play TP Black or ProV1

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer going off early.

I tend to get up early on my days off and enjoy a few cups of coffee.

I usually don't get to play too early, though....taking my son to school. I wind up playing more mid day golf which can suck in the heat around here. Best thing about that time is getting home and having a beer whill firing up the coals on the grill in the late afternoon.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I usually play early in the morning. You can play quicker since you're one of the first groups out and my wife doesn't seem to get as mad. But my favorite time to really play is late in the afternoon. there's something I love about finishing up right as the sun is setting.

late Evening sunday night, No-one around with a couple of friends and course pro, 4 buggies and some AWESOME cross country holes

INT Grom

MP600 - UST V2 STIFF SHAFT

PT906F2 UST V2 STIFF SHAFT RESCUE DUAL MP60 Irons CG12 Wedges Redwood Anser Black SatinITS ALL GOOD!! =]

There should be an option for "whenever I can"

In my Warbird Hot:
Driver: Burner 10.5* Reg Flex
3 Wood: Mercury Golf MR Jumbo 16*
Irons: X-20 4-AW
Putter: 33" Rossa FontanaShoes:Footjoy Contour

Twilight when no one is one the course...or at least the front 9!
Other than that, I like when the weather is terrible either 100+ degrees or rainy. Again, no one on the course.
You can see I hate crowded golf courses! So much so, that it prevents me from playing the game I love sometimes.

R7 TP 8.5* Fuji Speeder x-stiff (heavy,low,fade set)
975F 3W 13.5*
FX Tour Grind Nickel 3-PW +1/2", Rifle 6.5
Vokey SW 52*
CG10 LW 60* 3 dot (14* bounce) Tracy putter 35" (hit R but putt L)+ 1 club TBD...Past home courses: Unicorn GC (Stoneham, MA), Forest Creek GC (Round Rock, TX)Ball: Use...

I love to play early morning.
It's cool outside, Usually calm, Not so many people around, and oyu get done late morning, sit down eat luch at the club, go home nap. and if you want go back late afternoon. I do this time to time, usually I nap or clean or such until my parents come home. then I get up eat sit with the parents, and finally maybe go to the movies or a friends.

I'm 14 :)

noon. you get to eat dinner afterwards

I prefer going out around 2:00 pm. All the morning men’s and women’s leagues are done and it

is getting to hot for most people. I have the course to myself and can get in at least 18-27 holes and play two or three balls before the 5:30 just got off work bunch shows up.. Late afternoon is when the wind comes up and it makes for a great challenge. I like the feeling you get when you think you are the only person on the course. When I do run into another group I say to myself. "What are they doing on my golf course" Love the late afternoon............

Driver: TaylorMade Burner Superfast  9.5*

3 wood: Callaway X

5 wood: Cobra F/ST Speed LD

Irons: Orlimar HipSteel
Wedges: Vokey 50*, 54*SM, 58*SM

Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura

Ball: ProV1 

Shoes: FootJoy 

Bag: Callaway

Cart: Yamaha Gas

Home course:  Umpqua Golf Resort

I like to tee off as early as possible. I don't want to hold up other golfers with my bad play. Also, I like to take my son with me so I feel guilty if there are others waiting to hit because of us.

Driver-Callaway FT-5 Draw 9.5"

3WD-Callaway Hawkeye 15*

Hybrid-Callaway FT 21*

Irons-Callaway Steelhead X-16 4-P

Wedges-Callaway Big Bertha Tour 52* 56* 60*

Putter-Odyssey White Hot #1

I voted twilight, mostly because around this area it is the best time cost effective wise and less of a crowd. Our twilight rates usually start around 2:00 pm so I wasn't sure wether to vote afternoon or not, but the courses call it twilight so that's what I voted for.
My Bag

Driver: Sumo 460 10.5º Stiff
4 & 7 Woods: T-40 Stiff
Irons: Tight Lies GT 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson SignaturePutter: Daiwa DG-245Ball: One PlatinumGone Golfin'

I prefer the early morning although i'm usually teeing off at twilight due to financial reasons(s--- is expensive). I just get a different feeling waking up early, eating a hearty breakfast and heading to the course. i feel more relaxed and i don't know just something about golfing early in the morning is awesome.

DRIVER: MACTEC NVG2 Draw 10.5*
WOODS: Big Bertha Warbird 3&7 wood
IRONS: Magique Custom 3-9
WEDGES: PW, Horizon 56*, The Pirate 60*
PUTTER: ????BALLS: Laddie ExtremeMy Scores-http://www.oobgolf.com/golfers/pinbacksc

11:30am, most of the old guys who play every day are already halfway done, and I can get in 9 holes on a long lunch.

"You can foment revolution or you can cure your slice - life is too short for both" David Owen

WITB*: 2010 winter edition

Driver: AyrtimeFW/hybrid: Distance Master Pro Steel 5w, 7w, 27* hybridIrons: Powerplay 5000 hybrids (6i-SW)Wedge: SMT Durometer 55 degPutter: Z/I Omega mallet*as soon...

Weekends I go as early as possible... I wake up for work at 4am, so 6am would be sleeping in.. During the week, I'll either catch a round after work around 3pm, or I'll go for twilight (6pm)... But on weekends, I'll tee off as early as 6am or earlier.

What I play

Driver: 907D2
Wood:960 15*

5 Wood: 960 18*

Irons: Titleist 735 Cm 3-PW

Wedges: CG16 60* and 52*

Putter: Nike Method

I like to get up, have a nice breakfast and a coffee. Then head out and hit the range before teeing off at around 9:00. That way I can enjoy a nice round without having many "hackers" on the course to slow play down and If I can get out for a second round in the afternoon or just enjoy the rest of the day. But It sure is nice to enjoy a nice twilight round as well sometimes.

Driver - SQ SUMO2 9.5 stiff
3 Wood - SQ SUMO2 15* stiff
Hybrid SQ SUMO2 20* stiff
Irons - CCi steel stiff
Wedge - 56*Wedge - Knight 60*Putter - ITraxBall - platinum+Black but soon to be switching to pr0v1 SG 2.5

First group out, nothing better.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5767 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!