IGNORED

What time do you prefer to tee off and why?

Guest ShadowXOR
Note: This thread is 5767 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What time do you prefer to tee off?

• Early morning.
    • Late morning.
    • Noon.
    • Afternoon.
    • Twilight.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Twilight, baby!

3:50 pm
What I Play:

Driver: Sasquatch SUMO² 9.5º Stiff
Hybrid: HiBore 16º (3W replacement)
Irons: Staff Ci6 3-PW StiffWedges: Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 60.04Putter: Newport Studio Style 35"Ball: Pro V1xAge: 15

Early morning for me! There's just something about having first poke at 18 Virgins! In addition, I beat the heat/humidity/slo-pokes & still have a full day ahead of me b/c I usually get around in 2.5 to 3 hours. -LBB

Bag: Bagboy NXO Revolver
Driver: Dymo STR8-FIT Tour 9.5
3w: Nike T405w: Nike T40Irons: Mizuno MP-33 3-PWSW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 56/10LW: Nike SV Tour Black Satin 60/06Ball: Nike TA2/SPN

Noon or 1pm for me! I hate waking up early haha

Driver: Big Bertha 460 10*
Fairway: X Tour 3W 15* w/ Fujikura TP 26.3g
Hybrids: Fusion FT-Hybrid 3H 20*
Irons: MP-32 3i-PW
Wedges: Vokey 52.08 | SM56.14 | SM60.04Putter: Red X 33"Ball: Pro V1xShoes: Air Zoom Elite

Afternoon for me, anything before 10 AM is work.

I can play 18 holes after I get out of work at 4PM in the summertime; on the weekends I'll play in the early afternoon.

Well, early morning is great if I can make myself do it, but I generally go for twilight. It's hot when you start, but it's usually pretty pleasant for most of the round. It is annoying if you start late and the last few holes are hard to see on though. It's a risk I'm willing to take.

Andy

Friday after work.. Leave the office at around 5 PM, play 9-18 holes and then circle back to the first hole for practice. By that time no-one starts a new round and we know the course managers well enough that they allow us to practice until it gets too dark. We generally get about an hour or two of practice in.

It does get windy though.. every evening it picks up from the bay.

3-4pm. Very warm yet im not struggling to get up in the morning. Besides its jam packed in the morning and very calm maybe even slow around 3ish which i like. No rush and no waiting. Play at your own pace which is good for my buddy who's a n00bie.

yea, you can see you line when you putt. for some, that isnt good

And you can watch the water trail on the ball

Mind you though, I often have a hard time transitioning to dry greens

• 2 weeks later...
I'm a 4-6 type of guy, me and my friends will shoot 9 to 18 then play one more round of 9 and have a couple drinks. Afterwords head to the club house and have a couple more while discussing how we played that day. Its always a good time.

Driver- launcher 460 9.5
Irons- 7a knock offs
putter- Scotty cameron futura
ball- Prov 1x

Ill go early in the mornings on work days and roll into the office a few hours late. But on the weekend i like to tee off around 11 so I can sleep a little.

Exodus bag
R7 Dual Driver, R7 3w
CGB Rescue 3
CGB max 4-PW
CG11 Black Pearl 52* Vokey Spin Milled 56/14 CG11 Black Pearl 60* Black Series 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Pretty much as late as I can go and get 9 holes in without darkness becoming a problem. Also, when people aren't really on the course, so I usually head out at about 7:30 PM. That or else really early.
My Clubs
Driver: HiBore XL 10.5*
3-Wood: SS-01
Hybrid: 503H 22*
Irons: Deep Red II TourSand Wedge: CG10 56*Lob Wedge: CG10 60*Putter: V Foil GT M6.4KBall: ProV1

Note: This thread is 5767 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!